Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 04, 2010, 03:13 PM
SUPERB RC CRASH MASTER
Houston, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2004
987 Posts
I will defer first in line to the reverend as I do not have the need for them at the present time.

Translation: I was looking for a better deal

In the future I will be reluctant to order a custom wind from this vendor.

This is because KV value and motor size CAN be make to order but apparently CANNOT BE GUARANTEED to be shipped to order!

Just my 2 cents worth!
rc crashburn is offline Find More Posts by rc crashburn
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2010, 03:24 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,662 Posts
Just a side note, these motors have so much torque, the small difference for 750 to 910 is not noticeable in my opinion.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Dec 04, 2010, 04:05 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
True, but the lower kv = less amps. After seeing how great the MK (Pulso) heavy lifter motors run, it is amazing they lift so much weight on 3-5 amps or less each. The long runtime is what I was after. Maybe I need to stop whining and try them out.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Dec 04, 2010, 04:07 PM
Joined Aug 2009
11,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
True, but the lower kv = less amps. After seeing how great the MK (Pulso) heavy lifter motors run, it is amazing they lift so much weight on 3-5 amps or less each. The long runtime is what I was after. Maybe I need to stop whining and try them out.
I personally don't know about that. It takes X about of wattage to lift Y amount of weight. I don't believe the KV has anything to do with that but I could be wrong.
Old Dec 04, 2010, 04:09 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
Are you running these motors on 3S? I want the lower kv so I can run 4S.
Old Dec 04, 2010, 04:11 PM
Joined Aug 2009
11,662 Posts
Quote:
Are you running these motors on 3S? I want the lower kv so I can run 4S.
I am using 3S but these motors are rated (Battery: 2-4Li-Po), You may not trust or like RCTimer, but I LOVE Them.
Old Dec 04, 2010, 04:16 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendrichie View Post
I am using 3S but these motors are rated (Battery: 2-4Li-Po), You may not trust or like RCTimer, but I LOVE Them.
On 4S you'll run much lower amps due to the voltage going up. On 4S these things could lift a damn Canon 5D MkII with a nice lens.

I'm impressed with their electronics, I don't doubt that. I'm just unimpressed with their speed and support so far. Sad to say that I feel spoiled with HobbyKing's service and support.
Old Dec 05, 2010, 01:01 AM
Garden Grove, California, United States
Joined Apr 2004
549 Posts
Quote:
It was $68 shipped so I can probably do $63 shipped.
Just curious why you list those costs. The A3536-6 sells for $16.99
Is shipping really $51.01 to you? Or is the custom wind considerably more then the stock $16.99 A3536-6 ?
cham is offline Find More Posts by cham
Old Dec 05, 2010, 09:05 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cham View Post
Is shipping really $51.01 to you? Or is the custom wind considerably more then the stock $16.99 A3536-6 ?
16.99 x 4
Old Dec 05, 2010, 12:08 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cham View Post
Reading the thread????

....its a QUADrocopter
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Dec 06, 2010, 11:33 PM
Garden Grove, California, United States
Joined Apr 2004
549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Reading the thread????

....its a QUADrocopter
Reading through the last three pages there is no mention of the quantity of motors. Additionally, he refers to "it" for the indicated price.
cham is offline Find More Posts by cham
Last edited by cham; Dec 14, 2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 03:21 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,060 Posts
Nina,
It was reported back in October 2009, and again recently, that the prop adapter collets that come with the 2200 and 2800 series motors don't fit their prop shafts. Was this problem ever fixed, or do you plan to?
Brian_ is offline Find More Posts by Brian_
Old Dec 07, 2010, 05:40 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
I've got 2836 motors from them on a quad and the adapter fits nice and snug, I haven't had a prop come loose or off yet.

Just don't ask for a custom wind, they apparently don't care about those requests and will offer no help in fixing the mistake.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 08:26 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Downers Grove
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Just don't ask for a custom wind, they apparently don't care about those requests and will offer no help in fixing the mistake.
Sid3ways,

That isn't very nice! You can at least quote what you wanted and put it all in plane (and yes I wanted to say plane not plain) English. You are forcing Nina to translate your previous post in order to understand your backward slam. If you want rewind motors or a special order, just quote what you asked for previously and state it in plain English. If you are good with Chinese you can always state it in their language or call them for the special request. Explain that you are unhappy and why, they will do their best to fill your order. If you care to receive quality product at a reasonable price just be kind. Lately, I am guessing, but they must have a life too, you cannot expect immediate response. Good things happen to those who are patient.

I am not trying to mean rather letting ppl know to be considerate.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all!!!

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Dec 07, 2010, 08:51 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
I ordered the items (wrote a note like I was supposed to on the order asking for custom wind), then immediately I wrote Nina a message on here to look for the custom wind. They took almost a week to ship the items and then still sent the wrong items.

Nina admitted their mistake and her immediate response was can you still use them, not, can you send them back and we fix it or ask what they can do to fix it. Instead after finding out I could not use them she tells me to sell them to a friend???

I'm not expecting an immediate response either, the last time she wrote to me she acted like she had no idea what was going on. I'm sure she deals with a lot of orders but the conversation was only a few posts up. It has now been 9 days since her last response, is that not long enough to wait for a response to their mistake? How many days is enough before I get concerned?

I paid for the motors November 4th and still don't have what I paid for. Take a look at my previous posts, I don't speak negative toward most any vendor (except for BH ), but I will be vocal in their thread when I don't get my product after waiting a month for some resolve.