HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2010, 02:43 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterysIncluded View Post
Hi Nina,
I just recently received my order # 2010062003712 including a ESC 10A Speed Controller ECM00047-01. I have determined the speed controller to be defective and in troubleshooting the problem the ESC has destroyed 2 of my Corona receivers. A Corona RS610II receiver and a Corona RS410II receiver. The replacement cost on both of the receivers would be 12.50 (RS610) + 11.50 (RS410) = $24.00. I will return the ESC to you if you want to confirm this but I would like to know how you will handle the replacement of my destroyed receivers. Hopefully, RCTimer will handle this properly with the good customer service I am used to from you.
Thanks,
Gary
what happened ?, how did the ESC destroy your receiver , if it is a BEC problem meaning the BEC gives not 5V but lipo voltage of 7.4V or 11V it could happen probably not at 7.4V but at 11V it could happen.
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2010, 07:15 AM
NY Freedom Fighter
Joined Feb 2007
1,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies View Post
what happened ?, how did the ESC destroy your receiver , if it is a BEC problem meaning the BEC gives not 5V but lipo voltage of 7.4V or 11V it could happen probably not at 7.4V but at 11V it could happen.
The ESC simply fries every Rx it's plugged into. It beeps indicating the number of cells it's connected to but then starts to beep as though it has no connection to the radio. I'm using a 72MHz. I've only plugged in 2 cells at this point but I stopped trying to make it work after it fried my second Rx. Once plugged into the RCTimer ESC they stop working. I've tested them with other ESC I know are working properly and the Rx have stopped working.
There is no response from RCTimer here. I did receive a response through email saying I could send back the ESC and they would send me another. The ESC only cost 7.99 and is probably NOT worth sending back unless they are willing to credit me for the two receivers their ESC destroyed. I offered to send them back everything and now they will not respond.
The only way to get their attention (it seems) is to buy something through their ebay store because you can leave negative feedback.
BatterysIncluded is offline Find More Posts by BatterysIncluded
Old Jul 04, 2010, 06:38 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,461 Posts
BI,
What is the voltage output of the bad ESC between the ground and positive and signal pins?
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
The ESC simply fries every Rx it's plugged into. It beeps indicating the number of cells it's connected to but then starts to beep as though it has no connection to the radio. I'm using a 72MHz. I've only plugged in 2 cells at this point but I stopped trying to make it work after it fried my second Rx. Once plugged into the RCTimer ESC they stop working. I've tested them with other ESC I know are working properly and the Rx have stopped working.
There is no response from RCTimer here. I did receive a response through email saying I could send back the ESC and they would send me another. The ESC only cost 7.99 and is probably NOT worth sending back unless they are willing to credit me for the two receivers their ESC destroyed. I offered to send them back everything and now they will not respond.
The only way to get their attention (it seems) is to buy something through their ebay store because you can leave negative feedback.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Jul 05, 2010, 11:02 PM
Arizona
Joined Apr 2009
542 Posts
Sad no more Nina!

No reply from Nina since post 858 16 June! I guess you could count please send email to website as a response, but since several attempts have gone unanswered, I don't know what to think. It's sad because I really wanted to start making large orders. Anyone here got a response to email inquiries? Anybody got a pm here since the 27 June when she asked me to send question to webmail?
p51p51 is offline Find More Posts by p51p51
Old Jul 06, 2010, 08:21 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies View Post
O no John rcgroups is very popular in Europe with a lot of members, i am from the Netherlands
Thank you for pointing out that I am incorrect. My suspicion is that I am wrong very often but still want to believe that I am not. You may or may not understand that type of thinking. I have to say your English is fantastic.

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Jul 07, 2010, 11:40 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51p51 View Post
No reply from Nina since post 858 16 June! I guess you could count please send email to website as a response, but since several attempts have gone unanswered, I don't know what to think. It's sad because I really wanted to start making large orders. Anyone here got a response to email inquiries? Anybody got a pm here since the 27 June when she asked me to send question to webmail?
Dear p51p51,

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Please send the question to rctimer@gmail.com
Deeply appreciate for your forgiveness.
Thank you much !

Nina
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 08, 2010, 03:11 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
Dear p51p51,

Thank you much !

Nina
p51p51 please let us know what the answer is of your question ?
as you know i said : RCtimer should do this for all their motors!!!! , for easy reversing the shaft.
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Old Jul 08, 2010, 03:22 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,590 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51p51
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
Dear p51p51,

Thank you much !

Nina
Am I experiencing DeJa Vu? Didnt this just happen?

EDIT.....Yea...post 877
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Jul 09, 2010, 03:09 AM
Arizona
Joined Apr 2009
542 Posts
Ok Nina this is the third time!

Lets be clear here. Regardless of how many times asked in the past. Let it be known to all who who read this. Today 7/9/2010. I am going to send Nina a E-mail concerning the style of motors. I am asking is the 3530-1400 1100kv going to be the new style of bell w/2 grub screws. Or the old style with one. ( I have received one of each in the last two orders.) Also what are the requirements for wholesale acct. Here goes guys!
Old Jul 09, 2010, 03:25 AM
Arizona
Joined Apr 2009
542 Posts
Cut & paste from email

Print New window
Motors
Mike Espinosa <mike.espinosa520@gmail.com> Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 1:18 AM
To: rctimer <rctimer@gmail.com>
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original
Hello nina. I need to start ordering big orders. What are the
requirements for wholesale order.
Are all the 3530-14 1100kv motors going to have two grub screws in
the bell. Thank you Mike
Old Jul 09, 2010, 07:52 AM
Arizona
Joined Apr 2009
542 Posts
Cut & paste from email

RC-Timer Power Model Co.,Ltd <rctimer@gmail.com> Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 2:06 AM
To: Mike Espinosa <mike.espinosa520@gmail.com>
Dear Mike,

Thanks for your interesting in our items.
You can visit our webiste at first, if you can order more than USD500 at one time, we may provide you the discount for 5%,
If you have any question you can feel free to contact us.
Have a nice day.

Nina

Not a complete answer but extremely fast. The question remains! Do I order 500.00 worth of motors only to find out it's a mix of one screw and two screw? If you follow this thread you know that the old style had a single grub screw that was nearly impossible to remove. On the three I had I had to drill it out to reverse shaft. Then they changed to a very large two screw bell. But recent orders have had 1 old, 1 new
Old Jul 09, 2010, 08:49 AM
NY Freedom Fighter
Joined Feb 2007
1,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterysIncluded
Hi Nina,
I just recently received my order # 2010062003712 including a ESC 10A Speed Controller ECM00047-01. I have determined the speed controller to be defective and in troubleshooting the problem the ESC has destroyed 2 of my Corona receivers. A Corona RS610II receiver and a Corona RS410II receiver. The replacement cost on both of the receivers would be 12.50 (610) + 11.50 (410) + 5.95 (shipping). I will return the ESC to you if you want to confirm this but I would like to know how you will handle the replacement of my destroyed receivers. Hopefully, RCTimer will handle this properly with the good customer service I am used to from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTimer
Dear Sir,

Sorry for any inconvenience bring to you.
No worries, we are honest do business with you, we may solve it.
If it can't be used, hope you can return it to:
Zhang Yingxian
Baoan area 38 area Fanshen Road XinJinAnYaYuan
D4-2-27C
ShenZhen
Guang Dong
China
(086)13510150023
When we receive it, we may resend a new one to you asap, is it ok?
Thanks for your understanding in this matter.
Next time you shop come to us for the best price.
Have a nice day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterysIncluded
Dear RCTimer,
No that is not adequate. Since your speed controller burned out two of my receivers I expect to get compensation for those also. The replacement cost of those two units are $25.95. I will return the defective controller but do not want another of the same type as I would not trust it to not destroy my other receivers. A credit to the amount of $33.94 PLUS what it will cost me to ship YOUR defective controller back to you, since you are responsible for the defective ESC I do not see why I should have to pay to ship it back to you. I am more than willing to discuss this in an open forum on RCGroups.com to see what your other customers would consider as fair compensation but I would rather solve this as it should be done, with proper customer service.
Sincerely,
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTimer
Dear Gary,

No worries, we may check it in our post office, when we have the information we may contact you asap.

Nina

Anybody have any advice on what to do? I understand there is a language barrier at work here but communication is ESSENTIAL for customer service. I don't think they understand what my problem really is or are just feigning ignorance due to a language barrier. At this point it seems I will just have to take the loss and learn from it. The ESC only cost me $7.99 so shipping ity back at my expense makes no sense. With so many good cheap Hong Kong dealers out there with better communication and language skills I don't think I will ever be using RCTimer again. Buyer BEWARE.
BatterysIncluded is offline Find More Posts by BatterysIncluded
Old Jul 09, 2010, 08:30 PM
Vanadu
Canada, YT, Whitehorse
Joined Dec 2008
3,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51p51 View Post
Print New window
Motors
Mike Espinosa <mike.espinosa520@gmail.com> Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 1:18 AM
To: rctimer <rctimer@gmail.com>
Hello nina. I need to start ordering big orders. What are the
requirements for wholesale order.
Are all the 3530-14 1100kv motors going to have two grub screws in
the bell. Thank you Mike
Mike, I don't mean to be difficult but I really think when writing to a person who's first language isn't english and when asking a question, you really should make sure the question mark is at the end of the question. I feel silly for saying it but it just seems like a recipe for disaster plus, better safe than sorry; (although it's starting to sound like there are many sorry people).

Heavy Chevy is online now Find More Posts by Heavy Chevy
Old Jul 09, 2010, 11:02 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Anybody have any advice on what to do? I understand there is a language barrier at work here but communication is ESSENTIAL for customer service. I don't think they understand what my problem really is or are just feigning ignorance due to a language barrier. At this point it seems I will just have to take the loss and learn from it. The ESC only cost me $7.99 so shipping ity back at my expense makes no sense. With so many good cheap Hong Kong dealers out there with better communication and language skills I don't think I will ever be using RCTimer again. Buyer BEWARE.
If RCT does not get the ESC back they cannot find out what is wrong with it and if the ESC did in fact damage your receivers. This way RCT can change how the ESCs are manufactured so this problem ends quickly. I can fully understand they want to repair the problem and I am sure if the ESC is at fault they might replace at least one of your damaged receivers and the ESC.

I have to let you know, I do not speak for RCT but am a end user such as yourself. I have been ordering from them just after starting this thread and I am more then satisfied with their response to every problem I have had. With a bit of patience and clear explanation they will work this problem out and most likely to your advantage.

Finally, where in Long Island are you? My x-wife was from Kings Park. Really nice areas out there.

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Jul 10, 2010, 12:24 AM
Arizona
Joined Apr 2009
542 Posts
Heavy C

You are 100% right! I do it in English. Here is the thing, she got the first part of the question. About the wholesale......If they weren't such a superior motor to anything else I have tried at any price, I would just let it go and look for another vendor.