Old Oct 18, 2009, 12:50 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofish
I hope the punishment wasn't too severe
Reservation wages, stopped working two weeks, learning of intellectual property protection.

Nina
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 18, 2009, 01:55 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Downers Grove
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr2001
Hey John, I have three motors so far and the windings are "purpose wound". I mean by that the windings are perfectly parallel. No scramble windings here. Great quality of workmanship. They are also "sealed" after winding with a "laquer" or something similar. Nice added touch to keep the windings from rubbing.

The prop adapter on the 2212/6 is just a bit too small. I think it might be 3mm and the shaft is 3.17. No real problem. I worked it out carefully with a 1/8 drill bit and it fits great now. The larger 4mm adapter fits on it's shaft perfectly, that would be the 2217/9 motor.

With all motors that I have purchased anywhere I always take out the set screws and put on some blue locktite. If you don't do this you run the risk of the rotor slipping on the shaft. Again this is not a problem with this particular brand of motors but just a little step you need to do on most of these small out runners.

Cheers, John
John,

I use thread-lock on the mounting screws holding the motor to the motor mount but most of the motors I use have clips holding the outside housing to the shaft. That is a good idea if there are any other screws on the motors some kind of locking material.

Thanks for the motor quality check and letting the rest of us know. I now have confidence that RC Timer will be a company I will use for a long time to come.

v/r

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Oct 18, 2009, 01:57 PM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Naval Warfare,

Nice to see you join the thread.

Welcome aboard sailor.

John
Old Oct 19, 2009, 03:15 PM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,007 Posts
Order #1 has arrived. It contained 100 pairs of those cool connectors with the ridges. They are well made fit tight and all the contacts are fully gold plated. Not just the male end like some others that I have purchased.

Order # 2 should be arriving shortly. Thanks RCTimer!! Your Service is outstanding!!

Regards,
Xwing
xwingnut is offline Find More Posts by xwingnut
Old Oct 19, 2009, 03:21 PM
Fly Low Fly Fast Fly Often
Glendale, Arizona
Joined Jul 2007
848 Posts
Bl 2212/6

Just got back from flying today. Put 3 flights on the F-22 with it's new power plant. The 2212/6 runs cool, straight and normal.....Pulling about 23 amps WOT on a 6x4 apc which is about as much as I like to take from my 1550 20C Lipos.

I really need to put one of these on a test stand to see just how far I can push it without overheating. Looks like a real fine motor.
jjr2001 is offline Find More Posts by jjr2001
Old Oct 19, 2009, 04:15 PM
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Jan 2006
1,099 Posts
Hi rctimer,

Hate to be the 1st, but I have not received my order. Supposed to be shipped on the the 5th of Oct., so I thought this should be enough time. Could you please look into
order #2009100213539 , sure would appreciate it!

Thanks,

gofish
gofish is offline Find More Posts by gofish
Old Oct 19, 2009, 05:37 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
About Shipment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofish
Hi rctimer,

Hate to be the 1st, but I have not received my order. Supposed to be shipped on the the 5th of Oct., so I thought this should be enough time. Could you please look into
order #2009100213539 , sure would appreciate it!

Thanks,

gofish

Dear Gofish,

Sorry any inconveneince, we guarantee you with our reputation that the shipment was already arranged for you, We also got confused that the item didnt' reach you till now.
We are awfully sorry for any inconvenience caused by the shipping of HongKongPost.
Please don't worry, if you still cannot get this item 3 business days later, we'll arrange the resending as soon as we can.
Thank you very much for your time and great patience.
If any enquiry pls feel free to contact.
Deeply appreciate for your forgiveness.
Thank you much !
Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 19, 2009, 06:27 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,206 Posts
Placed my order yesterday. Among other things I ordered a couple of those 2212-6 motors to try out. Let's see if I can get the plane built before the motor arrives
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Oct 19, 2009, 06:27 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,099 Posts
Thank you for responding Nina, I kind of thought you would. I'll patiently wait this week.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 08:06 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
My stuff arrived on Saturday.

Ordered the 7th, arrived the 17th....

That's 10 days (days, not business days) from order to delivery. Everything looks great!!! I went with servo extensions, 9X6E props, 3.5mm bullet connectors some 3.7g servos and a 30A ESC...
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 20, 2009, 06:05 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
All,

Great stuff and all products seem so far to be of high quality. This is all good news.
Now when they sell planes and batteries they will get a ton of business.

Thank all for participating.

John
Old Oct 20, 2009, 06:35 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badpilotto
All,

Great stuff and all products seem so far to be of high quality. This is all good news.
Now when they sell planes and batteries they will get a ton of business.

Thank all for participating.

John

Thanks for all feedback, we will do our best!

Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 21, 2009, 04:13 PM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Nina,

Not a problem and I will be ordering from RC Timer as soon as I move back to the USA.

John
Old Oct 21, 2009, 04:47 PM
Joined Jan 2006
1,099 Posts
That's in a week or two badpilotto? Alabama? Bet you're going to miss Germany huh?