HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2010, 06:36 PM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
United States, CA, Barstow
Joined May 2007
2,359 Posts
Placed my order 04/02/2010 and received the very small padded envelope 04/27/2010. So the 25 day shipping time is at the very least consistent. This should not be any problem at all as long as what I order is not essential products needed in a short time. 1 month wait for anything ordered.

HC went through this very scenario. Let me see - they said it was due to employee turnover, Chinese holidays, customs, factory moving, warehouse moving, etc., etc..

Eventually they did achieve some degree of faster shipping - for a while but it is slipping back to very slow as it used to be. Even "express" shipping (EMS) is getting to take about two weeks.

Might be a global market but the Chinese have got a very long way to go to actually take anywhere near half advantage of it!!

Hillbille
hillbille is offline Find More Posts by hillbille
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2010, 07:37 PM
Joined Jul 2005
78 Posts
I guess i got lucky i placed and order on 4-18 started reading all the problems all was having but received items today 4-27...
deafmusicman is offline Find More Posts by deafmusicman
Old Apr 28, 2010, 07:54 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsiege View Post
Are you kidding me? E-mails that don't make sense (English translators), auto generated e-mails, and the like. Yes "nina" posts here, but did you notice it's only when the rants seem to be getting out of control? or when the website is "back up" as people have been complaining it's down... or when new products are in... Don't confuse these marketing / damage control tactics with customer service...

Most of the other dealers I deal with have forums / "live chat" options on their site that provide better customer service then RCT. Again my only rant is how all orders get marked "Shipped" in two days, yet customs issues or not they seem to take 25+ days to arrive, some longer. This is blame shifting (it's shipping times, not our fault) and similar IMO to when a company falls back on "Well that's company policy" when their faced with tough customer service issues. Just doesn't cut it in my opinion...
Normal order arrival from RCT is 14-21 days, (in my experience; your experience may differ.); I just received a lipo pack I ordered from Yeshobby in February, do the math. Like I said in a previous post, we could choose to order domestically, anything we order from China will take some time. Hobby City charges an arm & leg for shipping, RCT works for me, sorry it doesn't work for you. BTW: my emails and PM's have always been answered by RCT, maybe not instantly, but I've never been blown off, and they do speak a different language there; they can mis-translate all they want as long as the order eventually arrives.

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:14 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Letting everyone know my order from the beginning of April DID show up today so they are running just a bit behind. Have patience like Nina said and it will come. Sorry I jumped the gun with my post earlier Nina but none of my other orders took near that long. Will continue to shop with RCT for sure.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:42 PM
Staying Frosty
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywing View Post
Since you declared a couple of posts back that you are no longer a customer of RCT, then any further contributions from you can be considered trolling.
You missed the part where I said I gave them a 2nd chance, just making sure others know how that worked out for me. When you spend thousands a year through distributors both domestic and overseas, it's nice to know your taken care of. I just don't feel that way with RCT at this time and it's why the first order was just the 100x deans and the 2nd was 10x of the octopus cables Nina had... just glad these were only $50 orders and not the typical $500 plus orders from HK, HobbyPartz, DealExtreme, etc... that I normaly do... Their loss, just tired of paying great planes/horizon/global prices by ordering domestic - so like to dabble with overseas orders like this so I can give the local RC pilots I support near cost pricing w/out waiting or going through these issues...

Since Fixin2Fly's came in today, I should be close to getting mine. Once I have them, I'll unsub from this thread and be out of your hair. Until then I'll continue to "vent" about issues with RCT to help out people like myself who google companys like RCT to see how their customer service is prior to ordering.
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:16 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2,791 Posts
Quote:
You missed the part where I said I gave them a 2nd chance, just making sure others know how that worked out for me. When you spend thousands a year through distributors both domestic and overseas, it's nice to know your taken care of. I just don't feel that way with RCT at this time and it's why the first order was just the 100x deans and the 2nd was 10x of the octopus cables Nina had... just glad these were only $50 orders and not the typical $500 plus orders from HK, HobbyPartz, DealExtreme, etc... that I normaly do... Their loss, just tired of paying great planes/horizon/global prices by ordering domestic - so like to dabble with overseas orders like this so I can give the local RC pilots I support near cost pricing w/out waiting or going through these issues...

Since Fixin2Fly's came in today, I should be close to getting mine. Once I have them, I'll unsub from this thread and be out of your hair. Until then I'll continue to "vent" about issues with RCT to help out people like myself who google companys like RCT to see how their customer service is prior to ordering.
I can see your point, I guess I'd expect stellar service if I were ordering as much as you do. Could you list any of the other "offshore" companies who have good service and good prices? My experience with Chinese online dealers consists of RCT, HobbyCity/King, DealExtreme, & Yeshobby, of those RCT stands out to me in price and service. If there are others out there that offer better service, then by all means please list the links; inquiring minds want to know. Believe me, we're all tired of paying unreasonable prices to the big domestic retailers, that's why we buy from RCT in the first place.

Sonny
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:56 PM
Staying Frosty
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 View Post
I can see your point, I guess I'd expect stellar service if I were ordering as much as you do. Could you list any of the other "offshore" companies who have good service and good prices? My experience with Chinese online dealers consists of RCT, HobbyCity/King, DealExtreme, & Yeshobby, of those RCT stands out to me in price and service. If there are others out there that offer better service, then by all means please list the links; inquiring minds want to know. Believe me, we're all tired of paying unreasonable prices to the big domestic retailers, that's why we buy from RCT in the first place.

Sonny
Hobbypartz.com is the only other one I've tried besides the ones you mentioned and like RCT they are new to the playing field (correct me if I'm wrong, been using for last 4mo or so) They have 4.95 flat rate shipping to the US and I've gotten all orders from them within 7 days. 450 size motors and ESC's are OK, comparable to deal extreme but not as nice as some of the HK motors I use. HP's lipos are labled "Blue", but it's my understanding there are very few factorys that produce these so the main difference is labeling and how accurate their C ratings are. I've only tested a few 3s 1800's, 2200's, and one set of 6s 5000 packs and they seem to be on par with the Rhino labeled ripos from HK, but not as good as the Turnigy which to me seem under-rated. Here's the deal with hobbypartz - there in the US... think HK with their US wharehouses but way more reasonable shipping...

A customer tonight told me tonight about Xheli.com and while checking my facts on the HP website, I noticed they had an add on hobbypartz - so maybe same company but more helicopter parts? I dunno, he says if he orders and items are in stock they ship the next day and he gets in 3-4 days since they are US vendor...I think it was you that also mentioned HK's shipping is constantly going up - I agree and why I'm looking to switch overseas vendors with 35% or so of my shops inventory coming from these sources...
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
Old Apr 29, 2010, 12:43 AM
Joined Feb 2009
2,791 Posts
Quote:
Hobbypartz.com is the only other one I've tried besides the ones you mentioned and like RCT they are new to the playing field (correct me if I'm wrong, been using for last 4mo or so) They have 4.95 flat rate shipping to the US and I've gotten all orders from them within 7 days. 450 size motors and ESC's are OK, comparable to deal extreme but not as nice as some of the HK motors I use. HP's lipos are labled "Blue", but it's my understanding there are very few factorys that produce these so the main difference is labeling and how accurate their C ratings are. I've only tested a few 3s 1800's, 2200's, and one set of 6s 5000 packs and they seem to be on par with the Rhino labeled ripos from HK, but not as good as the Turnigy which to me seem under-rated. Here's the deal with hobbypartz - there in the US... think HK with their US wharehouses but way more reasonable shipping...

A customer tonight told me tonight about Xheli.com and while checking my facts on the HP website, I noticed they had an add on hobbypartz - so maybe same company but more helicopter parts? I dunno, he says if he orders and items are in stock they ship the next day and he gets in 3-4 days since they are US vendor...I think it was you that also mentioned HK's shipping is constantly going up - I agree and why I'm looking to switch overseas vendors with 35% or so of my shops inventory coming from these sources...
I have heard of and ordered from Hobbypartz, and since they ship from the US, (CA), I consider them semi-"domestic", though they are consistently "out of stock" on the popular items. I try very hard to buy from US dealers when I can, Heads Up RC in particular, (an absolutely top-notch dealer in all respects btw, check 'em out: http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/StoreFront!) Value Hobby once in awhile, and rarely Tower and HL, but for the myriad parts needed for this hobby China's prices are hard to resist, (electronic components like motors & esc's, connectors, wire, etc). The real kicker in this whole dynamic is that almost all of this stuff originates in China in the first place; it's kind of a sad and scary state of affairs actually, but to stay in this hobby it's a necessity.

Sonny
Old Apr 29, 2010, 02:18 AM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Thank you Syd and your right on track with post #747. Also, thank you all who understand the spirit of this thread. I have read every post and not only once. If others can read all of the post they might understand this continuous topic is exactly that, covered many times.

I placed an order on 11 Apr and received it on 28 Apr. When a shipment takes 45 days complain, it isn't anything new to any of us. You can shop at HK and have the same problem so why keep RANTING about it? As stated many times you can shop elsewhere, I do but do not come to this site and whine or rant.

Syd, I have been shopping at LowPriceRC.com. They have great selection and prices but are also in China.

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Apr 29, 2010, 03:16 AM
Joined Feb 2009
2,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badpilotto View Post
Thank you Syd and your right on track with post #747. Also, thank you all who understand the spirit of this thread. I have read every post and not only once. If others can read all of the post they might understand this continuous topic is exactly that, covered many times.

I placed an order on 11 Apr and received it on 28 Apr. When a shipment takes 45 days complain, it isn't anything new to any of us. You can shop at HK and have the same problem so why keep RANTING about it? As stated many times you can shop elsewhere, I do but do not come to this site and whine or rant.

Syd, I have been shopping at LowPriceRC.com. They have great selection and prices but are also in China.

John
Thanks for the link John, I'll check it out. BTW: my username here on RCG is what my dad, and therefore all his buddies in our 1960's FF club called me when I was a kid, (started when I was 8); I was known to them by that name for the remainder of their lives, well into my adulthood. My username is to honor those great role models, I miss them all, and they would all be amazed at the state of RC technology these days...and it's escalating costs!

Syd, (Sonny)
Old Apr 29, 2010, 06:09 AM
Joined Jun 2005
4 Posts
lost it again

Hey.
I'm new to this RCTimer website and earlier today it appeared that it had gone down, then it was back up, but when I tried to log in it disappeared again and I have not been able to get back onto it yet.

What is going on? can others get into the website?

cheers
Wayne
waynekm is offline Find More Posts by waynekm
Old Apr 29, 2010, 09:52 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
559 Posts
Dear All friends,

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Our website is changing another Server, so please view it later.
If you any enquiry, please PM to me.

Nina
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:17 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,700 Posts
Awesome Nina, I strongly believe this is a very positive situation, that is, enhancing your website.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:07 AM
USA, CA, Pismo Beach
Joined Oct 2007
1,381 Posts
Most of us on this thread buy from a substantial list of vendors, both domestic, Asian and even European seeking both good prices and unique product. Each vendor has some characteristics that make our individual selections attractive to us and this thread is a perfect example of one of those characteristics - personalized communication with an obviously small vendor, hence the thread title. Comparisons are inevitable and provide value to the discussion; however neither rants nor proclamations that "my vendor is better than yours" add anything to the message. We are fortunate to have this site on RCG where vendor comparisons can be made. Ultimately we vote with our dollars based on the service we receive from these vendors.

GW
Greywing is offline Find More Posts by Greywing
Old Apr 29, 2010, 01:15 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,063 Posts
Quote:

NitroPlanes, XHeli, HobbyPartz, and NitroRCX are the same company.
Brian_ is offline Find More Posts by Brian_