Old Apr 02, 2010, 06:47 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badpilotto View Post
branflake,

I do not know for sure but maybe the week they honor their dead.

John
It's a "traditional" Chinese legal holiday; they celebrate their ancestors by going to their tombs and literally "sweeping them out" while thinking nice thoughts about them and celebrating their lives, similar I guess to Mexico's "Day of the dead". It's one of the traditional ways they honor their ancestors. Bottom line is no orders will be shipped until it's over. Trivia lesson for the day completed!
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2010, 10:04 PM
Cereal Killer.
USA, IA, Iowa City
Joined Jun 2009
701 Posts
well thank you gentlemen...I thought something was being lost in the translation, but apparently not! I placed an order regardless Sweep On!
branflake12 is online now Find More Posts by branflake12
Old Apr 02, 2010, 10:55 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Sonny,

As usual you have the Kool-Kat way to explain things, thank you

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Apr 02, 2010, 11:25 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2,786 Posts
Quote:
Sonny,

John
Howdy John, how's the air in Alabama? Check this out, a new "start up" online dealer coming on from China, http://yeshobby.com/, ever heard of them? Free shipping, and comparable prices to RCTimer, (even lower on lipos). Looks like they took a page out of Nina's playbook with the free shipping thing. I just placed a small order, (2200mah 3C Tx lipo pack for $9.82). If it works as advertised it's well worth waiting a couple of weeks for.

Sonny
Old Apr 03, 2010, 06:57 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 View Post
Howdy John, how's the air in Alabama? Check this out, a new "start up" online dealer coming on from China, http://yeshobby.com/, ever heard of them? Free shipping, and comparable prices to RCTimer, (even lower on lipos). Looks like they took a page out of Nina's playbook with the free shipping thing. I just placed a small order, (2200mah 3C Tx lipo pack for $9.82). If it works as advertised it's well worth waiting a couple of weeks for.

Sonny
Sonny,
The air is warm and becoming more humid at night. I think Jul and Aug might not be good months to fly during the day time in AL. There is also a butt-load of yellow pollen in the air that is coating everything and makes me ill just thinking of what it really is, plant semen.

I have never heard of this website/company. I checked them out and they do have inexpensive Lipos. Their website is fast and user-friendly with good prices, of what they do have available. Great find! I wish I could give you a finder's fee, LOL. I think this Yeshobby will be a good one to keep an eye on once they are finished product loading.

Hope all is good in your neck of woods.

Thanks for the tip

John
Old Apr 03, 2010, 09:19 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,498 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qingming_Festival
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Apr 03, 2010, 10:36 PM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
4*60 good find TFS
Old Apr 03, 2010, 10:42 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2,786 Posts
Quote:
4*60 good find TFS
Agreed, thanks.
Old Apr 06, 2010, 01:54 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,060 Posts
Quote:
Sonny,

John
Can he explain "Add To Flavour"?
Brian_ is offline Find More Posts by Brian_
Old Apr 06, 2010, 02:59 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Can he explain "Add To Flavour"?
That's a good one isn't it? I mentioned that in a previous post on this thread. I suggested they get better translation software or something, but I guess they didn't. I mentioned to them it was a charming phrase, but it had absolutely no meaning in English. Goes well with "Flavours Success" when you successfully add something in your wishlist.
Old Apr 06, 2010, 03:20 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,060 Posts
Awhile back I sent them an email with an screenshot edited with the correct text, the two phrases separated correctly (Remove, and Add to Favorites), and I think I put them on buttons or underlined hyperlinks (or suggested to).
Brian_ is offline Find More Posts by Brian_
Old Apr 07, 2010, 10:29 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
I have not directly contacted Nina ever. I will email her with the multiple problems we have discussed in this thread and see if there can be some kind of resolution. I am not saying they will be fixed but we can at least address them.

One of my pet-peeves is how slow their website loads. There are many companies in China who have much better websites and if RC timer wishes to improve their current US customer business operation they must stay up to date with technologies which of course includes translation too.

John

P.S. I can only do this because I have taken one month off from work. Yes!!!!
Old Apr 07, 2010, 10:34 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Brian,

Your answer will be forth coming from Nina, it may not be the one you want but it will be answered.
Here is what I think of the "flavour" thing. They are using British translation software. British colour= US color and that is how they assimilate their terms.

John
Old Apr 07, 2010, 11:43 AM
Cereal Killer.
USA, IA, Iowa City
Joined Jun 2009
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robtest View Post
I guess I was in the right place at the wrong time...

Sure would have been nice to have been informed before I made payment...

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your fast payment.
I would like to inform you that our Tomb-sweeping Day weekend is from 1/Apr to 6/Apr.
Due to these circumstances your package will ship on 7/Apr.
Thanks for your understanding in this matter.
If you like other items you can click our website: www.rctimer.com
All the items are so cheap, thanks for your time.
Have a nice day.

Well, April 7th is almost over in HK...and i am still "to be shipped" I ordered a 2214 motor and some 8 and 9 gr servos for a foamy. I also ordered some props and other items from hobbyking a week later, It will be interesting to see who gets here first.
branflake12 is online now Find More Posts by branflake12
Old Apr 07, 2010, 11:54 AM
Joined Feb 2009
2,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by branflake12 View Post
Well, April 7th is almost over in HK...and i am still "to be shipped" I ordered a 2214 motor and some 8 and 9 gr servos for a foamy. I also ordered some props and other items from hobbyking a week later, It will be interesting to see who gets here first.
I just got a shipping confirmation from another Chinese dealer, (Yeshobby), so I assume all the companies are back at work. Let's have a race to see who's order arrives first?