HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 27, 2010, 07:30 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
sonny1's Avatar
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51p51 View Post
Wow you really lucked out! I placed my order the Fri before you (prolly didn't go through till Mon) USPS and HK POST said it left on the 23rd, so maybe tomorrow? Just got motor mounted, and found it was easy to put Rx under canopy. That way I can see the "bind" led
Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it; 7 days is the shortest I've waited, 21 days the most???? For parts, connectors, wire, etc, RCTimer is the only place I use any more. I order motors from Heads Up RC as they are shipped from Florida and arrive in 2-3 days, they are just as good as RCT's motors and only slightly more expensive. I just bought two 2830-1150kv 19A max motors from Heads Up for $18.95 ea, (and they just scream!!), and if there's a problem I have a new one in 3 days; worth paying a bit more for that. However, I do have one RCTimer motor, a 2826-13, and I'm happy with it; I'm just not willing to wait 2+ weeks for a replacement if I need one. BTW: Beautiful airplane there, be sure to post flight reports!

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2010, 10:22 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
kenstogie's Avatar
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,603 Posts
i place an order recently with RCTIMER

Order time: 2010-01-19
Consignment time: 2010-01-23

I Was wondering......
About How long?

and

What does consignment time mean?


Thank and i live in Upstate NY
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2010, 10:53 AM
Slow Flyer
Bombay's Avatar
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,235 Posts
Ken:
Sometimes it takes a few days to ship. Did you log into your account to see if it shipped...or did you get an email ship confirmation?

Most orders take approx 2 weeks in my experience.
Rob
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:36 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
kenstogie's Avatar
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombay View Post
Ken:
Sometimes it takes a few days to ship. Did you log into your account to see if it shipped...or did you get an email ship confirmation?

Most orders take approx 2 weeks in my experience.
Rob
Hey Rob,
My order status reads "Shipped" on the website and I got an email.... so I believe it has. Sometimes (with shipping times anyway) I benefit from being 3 hours from NYC. It may be a day or two quicker. (I hope) Thanks.
I just noticed it took 5 days from order to ship status. I can't complain considering the price but that could improve a touch.
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2010, 04:04 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2009
4 Posts
Dear Nina,
Same kind of problem as RaptorRVL : I have just ordered a 2212-06 motor from the store and payed with PayPal, however the site said my payment failed, although PayPal says it's allright.
The status of my order number 2010012904763 is 'waiting for payment'.
Is this normal? Thank you
luidge is offline Find More Posts by luidge
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2010, 05:09 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
sonny1's Avatar
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luidge View Post
Dear Nina,
Same kind of problem as RaptorRVL : I have just ordered a 2212-06 motor from the store and payed with PayPal, however the site said my payment failed, although PayPal says it's allright.
The status of my order number 2010012904763 is 'waiting for payment'.
Is this normal? Thank you
Normal! Here is a post I made a few pages back which might help: " Jim, it's that way for all of us. It seems to take a while for them to get everything posted to the "My RCTimer" account page. If while still on paypal you click "return to vendor" when it sends you back to RCTimer you will get a box that says: "Payment Success?", click "Yes" and then you will get a confirmation email in a day or so with an order number and payment confirmation from RCTimer. After that your "My RCTimer" should show "To Be Shipped"; sometimes though that doesn't show up till around the time the package arrives. After the package arrives it will say "Have Been Receiving!"; so much for high-tech translation software!" Not to worry, it's the same for all of us, good luck.

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 07:57 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
kenstogie's Avatar
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
Hey Rob,
My order status reads "Shipped" on the website and I got an email.... so I believe it has. Sometimes (with shipping times anyway) I benefit from being 3 hours from NYC. It may be a day or two quicker. (I hope) Thanks.
I just noticed it took 5 days from order to ship status. I can't complain considering the price but that could improve a touch.
Well Nina PM'd me and said that the actual item shipped on the 19th but the system wasn't updated until the 23rd. So hopefully I'll get it sooner. Good Commo from Nina.
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 08:34 AM
Registered User
Centerville, In. USA
Joined Jul 2001
1,966 Posts
I bought a 2212-06 2500 kv brushless motor from RCTimer on E-bay. The motor came alright but had no power at all. I tried to e-mail them but surpisingly enough, the email I sent to them ended up being reversed and sent to my e-mail address. So to day I was reading this post and how they wanted to treat everyone right. Anyway I e-mailed them and asked for a replacement motor. I doubt I'll get it though since I decided to rewind the motor and ruined it trying to get it apart. So I don't have anything to sent back in. Has anyone else had problems with them such as this? RCNutt
rcnutt is offline Find More Posts by rcnutt
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 09:12 AM
rctimer's Avatar
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnutt View Post
I bought a 2212-06 2500 kv brushless motor from RCTimer on E-bay. The motor came alright but had no power at all. I tried to e-mail them but surpisingly enough, the email I sent to them ended up being reversed and sent to my e-mail address. So to day I was reading this post and how they wanted to treat everyone right. Anyway I e-mailed them and asked for a replacement motor. I doubt I'll get it though since I decided to rewind the motor and ruined it trying to get it apart. So I don't have anything to sent back in. Has anyone else had problems with them such as this? RCNutt
Dear RCNutt,

Sorry for any inconvenience.
We are selling 2212-6 2200KV only, not selling 2500KV, and please PM me your ebay ID, we can check your order.
Please don't worry, we are honest business with you, we can solve it.

Nina
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 29, 2010, 03:40 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2009
4 Posts
Thank you sonny1 for your information! Indeed, I raised my question using the rctimer gmail address and here is the answer : "Dear Sir, Sorry for any inconvenience bring to you. We have shipped this motor to you today. Thanks for your patience. Nina".
luidge is offline Find More Posts by luidge
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 03:43 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
sonny1's Avatar
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luidge View Post
Thank you sonny1 for your information! Indeed, I raised my question using the rctimer gmail address and here is the answer : "Dear Sir, Sorry for any inconvenience bring to you. We have shipped this motor to you today. Thanks for your patience. Nina".
You're welcome! Once you get through the oddities on their website, you just can't beat their prices; and the service is good too, even though they're on the other side of the world.
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 07:32 PM
Registered User
Arizona
Joined Apr 2009
542 Posts
I got it!

Well not really. I was in Phx. at the e-fest. But checked at USPS.com and it says delivery attempt made. I hope this branch is open on Sat. Details later!
p51p51 is offline Find More Posts by p51p51
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2010, 01:33 AM
master of the universe
captaingeek's Avatar
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,077 Posts
woohoo. received my 2826 / 20amp esc i ordered today in the mail. can't wait to test. still waiting for my 60a esc to show up that i ordered at the same time. i think its been about 10 days. i wonder why all the shipments i get from hk / china say "gift". didn't realize i had to pay for gifts

bombay im concern we didnt get a clear answer to the spec on the 2826. the vendor claims 340watts. you were only able to achive 220. I wonder if thats spec'd on a 4s setup or a different prop? we'd probably need to get one of their engineers to answer this question or do further testing. we'll find out soon because i intend on testing this motor extensivelive alhough on this model i only have enough room for a 7" prop.
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2010, 01:45 AM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
sonny1's Avatar
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek View Post
woohoo. received my 2826 / 20amp esc i ordered today in the mail. can't wait to test. still waiting for my 60a esc to show up that i ordered at the same time. i think its been about 10 days. i wonder why all the shipments i get from hk / china say "gift". didn't realize i had to pay for gifts

bombay im concern we didnt get a clear answer to the spec on the 2826. the vendor claims 340watts. you were only able to achive 220. I wonder if thats spec'd on a 4s setup or a different prop? we'd probably need to get one of their engineers to answer this question or do further testing. we'll find out soon because i intend on testing this motor extensivelive alhough on this model i only have enough room for a 7" prop.
The "gift" thing has something to do with import duties or something like that if I'm not mistaken, (or the avoidance of duties actually). Earlier in the thread I posted results from my 2826, and got just over 200 watts also. I mentioned at that time that RCTimer should clarify the ratings listed on the website for their motors. Let all of us know what you get from yours, and maybe we can influence them to improve their stats.

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2010, 08:29 AM
Slow Flyer
Bombay's Avatar
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek View Post
bombay im concern we didnt get a clear answer to the spec on the 2826. the vendor claims 340watts. you were only able to achive 220. I wonder if thats spec'd on a 4s setup or a different prop? we'd probably need to get one of their engineers to answer this question or do further testing. we'll find out soon because i intend on testing this motor extensivelive alhough on this model i only have enough room for a 7" prop.

Sonny and Capt:
Yep, while the 2826-6 that we tested against the 2212-6 did achieve a little more power on the bench, it didn't appear to live up to the specs.

If you look at the 2212-6 at bphobbies, you'll see that it is listed as 220-230 max watts. They indicate that on 3s it pulls 21amps at 232w with a 5x5 prop. Those are basically the results we achieved.

If you look at the 2212-6 at rctimer, you'll see that they list it at 342watts. I think they are "overly optimistic". The list the 2212-6 with a 30amp esc. They also list the 2826-6 at 342watts...and suggest a 40amp esc.

Be careful in trying to get 342 watts out of these motors. Most motors are rated for a max amp draw. You might damage the motor and/or worse.

With all this said, we were testing the motors with the black 6x4props also from rctimer. I think you will get better performance with an apc. In looking at the two props side by side, the apc looks like it has more teeth.
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Do N E Other KIWIS use this forum? SlopeKing Slope 34 Apr 18, 2008 06:29 AM
Video What I used to fly before RC planes robertbick Fuel Plane Talk 12 Mar 23, 2008 02:10 AM
For Sale Extreme Flight Yak 55SP-E (1 NIB & 1 Used) - REDUCED PRICE !!! jatt5abdaa Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Dec 11, 2006 08:27 AM
What determines a micro? we have 1/64th RC cars? rojoyinc Micro Cars 1 May 18, 2002 10:34 PM
Sept 1, 2002 RC Airshow Fort Worth,TX teamrcpilot Electric Flight Events 0 Jan 29, 2002 11:12 AM