Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:40 PM
Bazinga!
bobskinner's Avatar
Loveland, CO
Joined Aug 2006
379 Posts
I just checked my 2212-06 and it appears that on the one side a couple of magnets are also showing below the bell similar to your pictures Bombay. I removed the bell and the magnets are glued in pretty solid and the motor spins up fine with a prop attached. Are there any other concerns besides appearance that I should be aware of?

bob
bobskinner is offline Find More Posts by bobskinner
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2010, 09:02 AM
five by five
sonicj's Avatar
Panama City Bch, FL
Joined Jan 2009
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobskinner View Post
I just checked my 2212-06 and it appears that on the one side a couple of magnets are also showing below the bell similar to your pictures Bombay. I removed the bell and the magnets are glued in pretty solid and the motor spins up fine with a prop attached. Are there any other concerns besides appearance that I should be aware of?

bob
if you are using the motor in a pusher fashion, make sure the magnets still clear the base when you push on the motor and turn. if the magnets clear the wire and the stator, there is very little cause for concern with a few misaligned magnets.
-sj
sonicj is offline Find More Posts by sonicj
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 09:53 AM
Bazinga!
bobskinner's Avatar
Loveland, CO
Joined Aug 2006
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
if you are using the motor in a pusher fashion, make sure the magnets still clear the base when you push on the motor and turn. if the magnets clear the wire and the stator, there is very little cause for concern with a few misaligned magnets.
-sj
That would have been my assumption also, thanks sj.
bobskinner is offline Find More Posts by bobskinner
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:06 AM
Slow Flyer
Bombay's Avatar
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
if you are using the motor in a pusher fashion, make sure the magnets still clear the base when you push on the motor and turn. if the magnets clear the wire and the stator, there is very little cause for concern with a few misaligned magnets.
-sj
I would generally agree, but nonetheless, it is a quality control issue. If those magnets slipped before the glue dried there is a potential for a magnet(s) to be thrown when spinning at 2200 revolutions per volt = 11volts x 2200 = 24,200. If they are thrown you are talking about a potentially dangerous situation.

I am a big fan of rctimer and have purchased many products from them on ebay and off of their website. I am also a fan of their presence here and response via email.

I presented the info so that they are aware and so that others are aware...and you can make your own judgement call from there.

RCTimer rocks!!!
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:37 AM
Registered User
capt's Avatar
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,919 Posts
Bombay I looked at my 2212/6's and they look just like the top motor in you pic with the bell nice and snug to the base and no magnets hanging out. The two motors you have circled with the mags hanging, are they the 2826 model? I can see the one is so maybe this is confined to the 2826 version?

I know my 2212/06 motors also have a nice plastic ring with slots that the magnets slide into to hold them in place. This is visible if you pull the bell off the windings and look inside.
capt is offline Find More Posts by capt
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:03 AM
Slow Flyer
Bombay's Avatar
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,234 Posts
Capt:
Yes, all three motors shown are the 2826-6. I just received these last Friday.

I included a couple of pics for a comparison of the 2212-6 and the 2826-6 motors. I weighed the two (with x-mount and connectors) and they seem to be the same weight (60grams). The 2826 is slightly longer than the 2212. The 2826-6 seems to provide a little more power based on bench tests...albeit at the expense of amp draw.
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:10 PM
Registered User
Arizona
Joined Apr 2009
542 Posts
Product Request

Nina, Hello. Could you stock these items? http://www.helibuy.com/5-pcs-low-vol...arm-p-375.html http://www.helibuy.com/5-pcs-2s6s-li...tor-p-376.html Thank you.
RCGroups members I can't post pics for some reason. Tried everything. Could someone help me and post pics of these two items for Ninas benefit? Thanks
p51p51 is offline Find More Posts by p51p51
Last edited by p51p51; Jan 27, 2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Pics added
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:34 PM
master of the universe
captaingeek's Avatar
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombay View Post
Capt:
Yes, all three motors shown are the 2826-6. I just received these last Friday.
.
thanks for this. i hope i get the twisted one with no magnets coming loose.

also concerned about the ESC quality. I ordered 30A combo as well as a 60A for another project im working on. Will definately run a battery through on the bench before they go in the air. dont want to start any fires.
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 01:00 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
sonny1's Avatar
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51p51 View Post
Nina, Hello. Could you stock these items? http://www.helibuy.com/5-pcs-low-vol...arm-p-375.html http://www.helibuy.com/5-pcs-2s6s-li...tor-p-376.html Thank you.
RCGroups members I can't post pics for some reason. Tried everything. Could someone help me and post pics of these two items for Ninas benefit? Thanks


Here you go P51, you have to right click the image then "save as" to your PC then attach them. When you hit
Quick Reply" instead click on "Go Advanced", at the bottom is a tab to "Manage Attachments"; that's how to download to RCG. Have any of you guys with bad motors contacted Nina by email or PM; I have found them very willing to replace defective items, hope they get it straightened out for you. BTW: RCTimer does carry this: http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?app=goods&spec_id=90 . Looks similar to the first pic; haven't found a buzzer yet though.

Sonny
sonny1 is online now Find More Posts by sonny1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 04:31 PM
Registered User
Arizona
Joined Apr 2009
542 Posts
Thanks Sonny

Yes I tried exactly like you said, again, no work. For some reason I can't click on manage attachments. If anyone would like to try & help please PM me and I'll give you a temp password to me acct., maybe you can figgure it out. (RCG members 1yr or longer with many posts). I have posted several pics so I know how. I don't use quick reply. But the reason I wanted to post the pics was for Ninas benefit. Thanks again Sonny! The reason I wanted the pics is because I am going to make RC Timer my primary source for all my rc needs. The communication that Nina provides is the best of any of the non US vendors. After reading the last couple of posts about replacing a POSSIBLE bad motor, I can see how GREAT the customer service is. I would rate their Customer Service similar to Jeff at Heads Up RC (fastest shipping ever)and Rob over at ADC hobbystore(Best motors and Best customer satisfaction) Basicly no more Hobby City!
p51p51 is offline Find More Posts by p51p51
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 07:19 PM
If it flys,I can crash it
cptdragn's Avatar
USA, AL, Fairhope
Joined Jul 2007
783 Posts
There are a number of ways to attach a photo to your message but for me, the easiest has been to click on the little paper clip next to the smiley face and browse the photos on your computer, click the one you want and then on the open button. It will place it on the pop up and you hit upload. Thatís pretty much all there is to it.
cptdragn is offline Find More Posts by cptdragn
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 07:51 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
sonny1's Avatar
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51p51 View Post
Yes I tried exactly like you said, again, no work. For some reason I can't click on manage attachments. If anyone would like to try & help please PM me and I'll give you a temp password to me acct., maybe you can figgure it out. (RCG members 1yr or longer with many posts). I have posted several pics so I know how. I don't use quick reply. But the reason I wanted to post the pics was for Ninas benefit. Thanks again Sonny! The reason I wanted the pics is because I am going to make RC Timer my primary source for all my rc needs. The communication that Nina provides is the best of any of the non US vendors. After reading the last couple of posts about replacing a POSSIBLE bad motor, I can see how GREAT the customer service is. I would rate their Customer Service similar to Jeff at Heads Up RC (fastest shipping ever)and Rob over at ADC hobbystore(Best motors and Best customer satisfaction) Basicly no more Hobby City!
I heartily agree with your assessment of Jeff at Heads Up RC; every online vendor could learn the "right way" to do business if they emulated him. The link I posted above is for a lipo monitor that RCTimer sells and looks just like the one pictured. You also might consider posting a question about your problems with attachments here: http://www.rcgroups.com/site-suggest...omplaints-259/ . They should be able to help you there without your giving your password to anyone.
sonny1 is online now Find More Posts by sonny1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:14 PM
Registered User
Arizona
Joined Apr 2009
542 Posts
I'm back!!

Thanks sonny and cptdragn. Switched to Google Chrome. Everything works Oh and thanks J T G
p51p51 is offline Find More Posts by p51p51
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 03:50 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
sonny1's Avatar
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,747 Posts
Just received my latest order; placed on 1-19-10, received today; that's 8 days from China to my door, pretty good especially considering the free shipping!
sonny1 is online now Find More Posts by sonny1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 06:48 PM
Registered User
Arizona
Joined Apr 2009
542 Posts
Order update

Wow you really lucked out! I placed my order the Fri before you (prolly didn't go through till Mon) USPS and HK POST said it left on the 23rd, so maybe tomorrow? Just got motor mounted, and found it was easy to put Rx under canopy. That way I can see the "bind" led
p51p51 is offline Find More Posts by p51p51
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Do N E Other KIWIS use this forum? SlopeKing Slope 34 Apr 18, 2008 06:29 AM
Video What I used to fly before RC planes robertbick Fuel Plane Talk 12 Mar 23, 2008 02:10 AM
For Sale Extreme Flight Yak 55SP-E (1 NIB & 1 Used) - REDUCED PRICE !!! jatt5abdaa Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Dec 11, 2006 08:27 AM
What determines a micro? we have 1/64th RC cars? rojoyinc Micro Cars 1 May 18, 2002 10:34 PM
Sept 1, 2002 RC Airshow Fort Worth,TX teamrcpilot Electric Flight Events 0 Jan 29, 2002 11:12 AM