Right. If it isn't called the stator, can I blame it on cptgeek? haha
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2010, 07:13 PM
Crash test dummy
Alabama
Joined Dec 2005
265 Posts
I placed a fairly large order with these guys. It took about 3 weeks to get my stuff but the prices are worth the wait to me. I emailed them after about 2 weeks and they emailed me right back within 3 or 4 hours. So far so good here.
dhelms9138 is offline Find More Posts by dhelms9138
Old Jan 17, 2010, 08:25 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
i think we all knew what we were talking about. wonder if the 300 watt spec is for 4s?
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Jan 17, 2010, 08:31 PM
Bazinga!
Loveland, CO
Joined Aug 2006
379 Posts
I placed my first order of a 2212-06 motor on Jan 7th and it showed up here in Colorado yesterday (Jan 16th) not bad at all!

The motor looks great and spins up smooth but it does not look the same as the one pictured on the website with the 4 round holes. It looks more like the other outrunners they have with the 6 slanted air holes in the end bell. This might have been mentioned before and I apologize if it has, has anyone received one that looks like the picture or like the one I received?

On another topic: This is my first higher KV motor that is this big (most of the stuff I fly have motors under 13grams) so this one seems big... I strapped a APC 5x5 prop to it and screwed it to a chunk of wood to run it up but could not get myself past 1/3 throttle, it scared me... perhaps I am a bit less manly than I had hoped but how do you guys test these things without fearing for your life each time it starts up? I have run bigger lower KV motors with bigger props just fine but something about the little 5" prop gets me very nervous even at just 1/3 throttle... Even just talking about it has me feeling a little jumpy. I have visions of it exploding and taking my head off. Any words of wisdom on safely testing this motor up to full throttle?

bob
bobskinner is offline Find More Posts by bobskinner
Old Jan 17, 2010, 08:46 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
run it up to full throttle while your in the other room?
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Jan 17, 2010, 09:07 PM
If it flys,I can crash it
USA, AL, Fairhope
Joined Jul 2007
783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek View Post
run it up to full throttle while your in the other room?

something you could pull off and do it safely would be to place the wood mount into a large cardboard box and do your run up then. That way, should the thing come apart, you have it caged and the parts will stick into the box and not into the room walls or any body parts.

Tony
cptdragn is offline Find More Posts by cptdragn
Last edited by cptdragn; Jan 19, 2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 09:16 AM
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,921 Posts
Just clench your teeth, squint your eyes and most importantly stay behind it!
capt is online now Find More Posts by capt
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:34 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobskinner View Post
I placed my first order of a 2212-06 motor on Jan 7th and it showed up here in Colorado yesterday (Jan 16th) not bad at all!

The motor looks great and spins up smooth but it does not look the same as the one pictured on the website with the 4 round holes. It looks more like the other outrunners they have with the 6 slanted air holes in the end bell. This might have been mentioned before and I apologize if it has, has anyone received one that looks like the picture or like the one I received?

On another topic: This is my first higher KV motor that is this big (most of the stuff I fly have motors under 13grams) so this one seems big... I strapped a APC 5x5 prop to it and screwed it to a chunk of wood to run it up but could not get myself past 1/3 throttle, it scared me... perhaps I am a bit less manly than I had hoped but how do you guys test these things without fearing for your life each time it starts up? I have run bigger lower KV motors with bigger props just fine but something about the little 5" prop gets me very nervous even at just 1/3 throttle... Even just talking about it has me feeling a little jumpy. I have visions of it exploding and taking my head off. Any words of wisdom on safely testing this motor up to full throttle?

bob
Safety first, I always stand behind a motor I am testing and will hold the tx up as a shield in case of mishap. Good reason to double-check that your prop is on tightly, and yes I have stood in the next room a time or two when testing a motor! Good luck!
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:39 PM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
safety glasses
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Old Jan 18, 2010, 03:12 PM
St. Louis
Joined Feb 2008
1,237 Posts
looks like I found my new place for Connectors and inexpensive electronics to try out!
T3beatz is offline Find More Posts by T3beatz
Old Jan 18, 2010, 03:28 PM
Kharkov, Ukraine
Joined Jul 2003
59 Posts
Interested in bulk purchases, there are options for discounted?
gennady is offline Find More Posts by gennady
Old Jan 19, 2010, 04:02 AM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,788 Posts
Hi Nina, just placed another order for some connectors and a UBEC. Looking forward to great service and quick shipment; the order is: #2010011926704. Get it here by next week and I'll give you a cookie!

Thanks, Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Jan 19, 2010, 09:06 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 View Post
Hi Nina, just placed another order for some connectors and a UBEC. Looking forward to great service and quick shipment; the order is: #2010011926704. Get it here by next week and I'll give you a cookie!

Thanks, Sonny

Thanks.

Nina
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2010, 09:25 AM
Bazinga!
Loveland, CO
Joined Aug 2006
379 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions on how to keep my limbs intact, I might try a combination: box + safety goggles + different room

Any ideas on why the 2212-06 motor does not look like the one in the picture though? I left a review/question on the RCTimer website on Saturday but it has not shown up and I have not heard from Nina yet.

bob
bobskinner is offline Find More Posts by bobskinner
Old Jan 19, 2010, 09:29 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobskinner View Post
Thanks for the suggestions on how to keep my limbs intact, I might try a combination: box + safety goggles + different room

Any ideas on why the 2212-06 motor does not look like the one in the picture though? I left a review/question on the RCTimer website on Saturday but it has not shown up and I have not heard from Nina yet.

bob

Dear Bob,

Sorry for any inconvenience, we will update 2212-6 images ASAP.

Nina
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor