SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 16, 2009, 07:12 PM
I have no friends
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 1996
3,363 Posts
Placed my order on 12/6 and made a mistake on the motor I ordered. I spoke with Nina via love chat that night and she changed the order.

Today the order arrived here in Michigan so 10 days from order which I consider VERY fast and it is the motor I wanted.

Service, speed, and great prices. Liking this place. The only down side is that the motor doesn't come with the mount, screws, connectors, etc but that is minor.
mt_100 is offline Find More Posts by mt_100
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2009, 07:33 PM
Veteran RC Pilot!
USA, GA, Holly Springs
Joined Feb 2007
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithonion View Post
Stumbled on this thread. I will be ordering soon. I have been looking all over for the dean style ends with the grips. Must order a bunch.
I have been using Deans with Shrink over them. HAs anyone tried these connectors with original deans. I have found most have problems when mixed with genuine deans. They are very difficult to connect and disconnect. Just wondering?
mundo330 is offline Find More Posts by mundo330
Old Dec 16, 2009, 07:47 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mundo330 View Post
I have been using Deans with Shrink over them. HAs anyone tried these connectors with original deans. I have found most have problems when mixed with genuine deans. They are very difficult to connect and disconnect. Just wondering?
Yes I have used them with original Dean's; they work just fine, and actually due to the ribs are superior to the originals, (IMHO). Order them while they're available, Hobby City no longer carries them.
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Dec 16, 2009, 08:08 PM
Veteran RC Pilot!
USA, GA, Holly Springs
Joined Feb 2007
108 Posts
Deans Connectors

Thank You Sonny1.
I have used the deans for some time and have always liked them but after buying some from an ebay vendor I had trouble with them and my son was not able to disconnect his batteries on his birds at all. I found the tolerances on the none deans connectors to be lacking. Thanks for the feedback and I will be ordering shortly.
P.S. Does anyone know of a source for the old three pin mini deans connectors. These where on the old Kraft radios and all my chargers have them.

Thanks again Sonny1
Old Dec 16, 2009, 09:36 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2,790 Posts
Quote:
Thank You Sonny1.
I have used the deans for some time and have always liked them but after buying some from an ebay vendor I had trouble with them and my son was not able to disconnect his batteries on his birds at all. I found the tolerances on the none deans connectors to be lacking. Thanks for the feedback and I will be ordering shortly.
P.S. Does anyone know of a source for the old three pin mini deans connectors. These where on the old Kraft radios and all my chargers have them.

Thanks again Sonny1
You're very welcome, I use the "ribbed" Dean's connectors almost exclusively now because they are so much easier to separate. I don't know if RCT has the old 3 pin mini's, but they do have mini-Dean knockoffs, and I just noticed these: http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?app=goods&id=336 . They look like regular size connectors, but are apparently "mini". Here are the regular "mini Dean's knock-offs": http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?app=goods&id=337 . I can recommend RCTimer too as honest and attentive to their customers, and shipping is just as quick and cheaper than other Chinese dealers; order with confidence.

Sonny
Old Dec 16, 2009, 11:17 PM
SoCal SlowFlyer
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Nov 2009
189 Posts
I've also purchased and used the Dean's with grips and they work fine with the original Ultra Dean's. I actually like them better because the connectors don't shift if my iron gets too hot. But you will need to get some shrink tubing since that was not supplied with my order.

Also, the 3.5mm gold connectors work fine with my other 3.5mm gold connectors!
StevoRC is offline Find More Posts by StevoRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:06 PM
Space Cowboy
United States, CA, Vandenberg Air Force Base
Joined Jan 2007
1,124 Posts
Picked up my package from the post office today! That was pretty darn quick for that inexpensive shipping I just registered it and I ordered a couple weeks after Hobby King and my Hobby King still has not arrived!!!

Good Stuff from RC Timer!
ShoGinn is offline Find More Posts by ShoGinn
Old Dec 18, 2009, 03:38 AM
Joined Feb 2009
2,790 Posts
Quote:
Thank You Sonny1.

Thanks again Sonny1
Found 'em : http://www.hobby-lobby.com/deans_3_p...r_221_prd1.htm . 15% off all orders right now, and they're in stock, good luck!

Sonny
Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:32 PM
Veteran RC Pilot!
USA, GA, Holly Springs
Joined Feb 2007
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 View Post
Found 'em : http://www.hobby-lobby.com/deans_3_p...r_221_prd1.htm . 15% off all orders right now, and they're in stock, good luck!

Sonny
That's the ones!
Thank you again Sonny1!
Doug S
Old Dec 24, 2009, 01:04 PM
Long time newbie
USA, TX, Katy
Joined Nov 2006
976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heymak View Post
How long does it usually take for an order to process? I made an order on the 7th of December using paypal. Payment was sent by paypal the same day and has already posted on my credit card, but RCtimer web site still says "awating payment" today the 15th. Is this normal for these guys..

Mike K
Finally, ... 23-Dec-2009 and is being processed for delivery to the addressee. 16 days just to begin processing.
heymak is offline Find More Posts by heymak
Old Dec 24, 2009, 02:30 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
Doesnt give me much hope, I ordered a few days after you. lol
inline300 is offline Find More Posts by inline300
Old Dec 25, 2009, 07:27 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
559 Posts
Merry Chiristmas & Happy New Year!

Merry Chiristmas & Happy New Year!

Nina

RC Timer
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 28, 2009, 08:08 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Thank you Nina
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Dec 28, 2009, 08:49 PM
I have no friends
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 1996
3,363 Posts
Anyone know what "Has not delivered goods" as the status on your order means?

Order 2009122053324 placed on 12/20 and not shipped yet.
mt_100 is offline Find More Posts by mt_100
Old Dec 28, 2009, 08:53 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2,790 Posts
I finally got a chance to flight-test the RCTimer 2830-13 850kv outrunner brushless motor: http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?app=goods&spec_id=146, (which was a replacement for a defective motor mentioned earlier in this thread; Nina replaced it w/ no problem or hesitation btw). I installed it in a 2M WS EP sailplane using 3S 2200mah 25C lipo, 30A Volcano esc & Graupner 11x6 folding prop. Bench tests showed a steady 17-19A with that setup at WOT. The flight-test was very satisfactory, producing 90 degree climbouts, actually requiring substantial "down-elevator" at WOT to keep it from power-looping on climbout. The only thing I noticed was the motor was quite hot after the flight; not too hot to touch, but very close. This motor performed very well in my application, though I would hesitate to run it at that amp-draw for continuous sport flight. The motor is rated at 30A max, but I doubt if the motor could actually handle that much amperage safely for more than short bursts. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this motor, especially with it's very low price. I used this motor to replace a Rimfire 28-30-950 which cost nearly $50, and it performed far better on this particular airplane than the Rimfire. Thanks Nina for your help, I look forward to many more flights with my RCTimer motor!

Sonny