HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2009, 09:16 AM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Downers Grove
Joined Nov 2007
1,705 Posts
To all,

You have all been using RCTimer for awhile now and maybe I should rename this thread to "RCTIMER CONTACT NINA"? Please let me know 1) how to change a thread, 2) what we should name this thread.

Thanks

John

P.S. Thanks to all of you who have supported bighank13 and his wonderful cause to promote and pass on this fantastic hobby to his school class. If interested in his selfless act read this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1147053
I am in the Army but this guys is my hero!
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2009, 09:58 AM
Joined Dec 2007
1,059 Posts
John, just go to that post and click the EDIT button to the bottom right of the post. Change what you want then click save. Simple as that. You can fill in the "reason for editing" box before saving if you want, but it's not required.
I would just change the title to "RC Timer" or something like "Good deals at RC Timer" or "Cheap prices at RC Timer", etc. Anything is better than the cell phone teen style text.
FYI, I can type 'anyone' much faster than shift, N, space, E, space, 1.
BrianL is online now Find More Posts by BrianL
Old Dec 05, 2009, 01:48 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
John, just go to that post and click the EDIT button to the bottom right of the post. Change what you want then click save. Simple as that. You can fill in the "reason for editing" box before saving if you want, but it's not required.
I would just change the title to "RC Timer" or something like "Good deals at RC Timer" or "Cheap prices at RC Timer", etc. Anything is better than the cell phone teen style text.
FYI, I can type 'anyone' much faster than shift, N, space, E, space, 1.
He will have to hit the "Go Advanced" button after hitting "Edit" to change the title, and yes, go to the link he provided and help Hank get those kids airborne! Not only is Hank a hero, but all those that donated to him are heroes too! I've already sent him a few bucks and am going to send a "care package" of misc parts to him soon as well. Thanks for mentioning that effort here badpilotto! BTW: Hank has added pictures of his students flying some of the donated stuff today, check it out!

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Dec 05, 2009, 10:55 PM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,705 Posts
sonny,

Thank you for letting me know(and anyone else that is interested in helping some kids by donating) about the pics being posted by Hank. I will be checking them out.

Brian,

Thank you for the instruction to change the title and suggestions. It will be done.

John
Last edited by badpilotto; Dec 06, 2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old Dec 06, 2009, 04:13 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badpilotto View Post
sonny,

Thank you for letting me know(and anyone else that is interested in helping some kids by donating) about the pics being posted by Hank. I will be checking them out.

Brian,

Thank you for the instruction to change the title and suggestions. It will be done.

John

Dear John,

Thank you very much for the title.
I will do better.

Nina
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: RCTimer IMAGO H8 Camera
Old Dec 06, 2009, 12:46 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badpilotto View Post
sonny,

Brian,

John
I hate to nit pick, but a few things about naming it "Question RC Timer communication w/Nina" are that this is a hot deals forum category, so the main discussion should be about items at good prices. Else where do we talk about their items in particular? Shouldn't "Questions for Nina" really go in the vendor forum cat.. And someone a few posts ago in this thread said she communicates via PM more than through this thread. Just my opinion.
Last edited by BrianL; Dec 07, 2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2009, 02:25 PM
Space Cowboy
United States, CA, Vandenberg Air Force Base
Joined Jan 2007
1,123 Posts
I agree, but with RC groups having sponsers like hobby king (hence banner at the top) Nina is kind of a competitor.

But there are items that Nina has that hobby king doesnt have readily available.

I ordered her magnets and JST connectors!
ShoGinn is offline Find More Posts by ShoGinn
Old Dec 06, 2009, 07:03 PM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jul 2008
275 Posts
Has anyone used the little 9g servos from RC Timer? If so, how to they compare to HXT900's? I need to make another bulk order soon and am wondering whether I should go with RC Timer 9g's or the HXT's.
Rota is offline Find More Posts by Rota
Old Dec 06, 2009, 09:01 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rota View Post
Has anyone used the little 9g servos from RC Timer? If so, how to they compare to HXT900's? I need to make another bulk order soon and am wondering whether I should go with RC Timer 9g's or the HXT's.
Dear Rota,

recommend RC90:
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?app=goods&id=52

Nina
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: RCTimer IMAGO H8 Camera
Old Dec 06, 2009, 11:26 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,059 Posts
Deans micro knockoffs

RC Timer now has them - link.
Thanks Nina!
Old Dec 07, 2009, 06:27 PM
Lower, Lower
Penticton,BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,419 Posts
Got my latest shipment today. 21 days shipping from Hong Kong to Canada. Not bad for this time of year. Will be ordering more in the New Year. Thanks Nina!!

Rod
bc-slowflyer is offline Find More Posts by bc-slowflyer
Old Dec 07, 2009, 08:04 PM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
I hate to nit pick, but a few things about naming it "Question RC Timer communication w/Nina" are that this is a hot deals forum category, so the main discussion should be about items at good prices. Else where do we talk about their items in particular? Shouldn't "Questions for Nina" really go in the vendor forum cat.. And someone a few posts ago in this thread said she communicates via PM (which doesnt always get answered either) more than through this thread. Just my opinion.
Brian,

Sure and you correct however do you know how to move a thread to another area? Since everyone that has been questioning Nina in this thread I thought why not just change the name and leave it in the familiar location. If Nina really wants to she could start a thread in the area you mentioned. The original question was the service and quality of RC Timer's products, whoever might have used them. On the other hand, isn't using RC Timer kind of a constant "hot deal'? Look at their low prices... Thank you for pointing it out and I think your right but.

John
Old Dec 07, 2009, 11:13 PM
SoCal SlowFlyer
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Nov 2009
187 Posts
I've watched RCTimer on eBay for a while but never purchased until viewing this thread. I placed my order for 2 motors, 30A ESC, 10 pairs of Dean's with grips, 10 pairs of 3.5mm bullets and 4 9g servos. The shipment arrived today in 13 calendar days to California!

All products ordered as described. The Dean's with grips fits all existing Dean's that I have. Both 2212-XX motors look great with mounts and prop adapters. The motors look just like what I've ordered from RCHotDeals but cost less. The servos look fine but I won't be using them for a while. I'll post the functionality of both motors and servos after I've used them.

Nina was very helpful during the ordering process. She recommend I download FireFox for better access to their site which I was reluctant to do at first. Very happy with the overall experience!

Thanks, Nina!

Steve
StevoRC is offline Find More Posts by StevoRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Build #38 (March 2014) F/A - 18
Old Dec 08, 2009, 06:40 AM
BadPilot
Joined Nov 2007
1,705 Posts
Steve,

Thank you for chiming in on your RC Timer experience; I am pleased that most everyone who has used this company have been happy by the products and overall performance.

John
Old Dec 09, 2009, 11:28 PM
Space Cowboy
United States, CA, Vandenberg Air Force Base
Joined Jan 2007
1,123 Posts
So i might be the only person who doesnt know this but on the RC timer website once you place your order and if you chose to have tracking it is noted in the orders as "invoice number"

just a FYI!
ShoGinn is offline Find More Posts by ShoGinn