HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2009, 11:13 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 View Post
Yes Nina, I confirmed the package is at Hong Kong Post, but I want to make sure you are sending it to ME, not to some other customer. There is no mention of any item being shipped listed on my account on your website. I just wondered if I am indeed the intended recipient of that shipment?
Dear Sonny1,

Please don't worry, we are honest business with you.
And you can check the shipping details in the future from:
http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm

Nina
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2009, 12:22 PM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jul 2008
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 View Post
Cool, glad your motor worked well for you, guess I got one of the few w/ problems. Mine pulled 22A too; at least while it was briefly working! They said they sent a new one out on the 29th, though it doesn't say so on my account; we'll see. What size prop were you using?
Whoops, I forgot to add that. I'm using a 10x5e on it right now.
Rota is offline Find More Posts by Rota
Old Dec 03, 2009, 08:53 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,839 Posts
Sonny1, I probably had the worse shipping dealio from RC Timer but she pulled through for me. Like you, I had only her word to go on for the second try and I will vouch for her as my order arrived exactly as I orderd it.

Rick
rampman is offline Find More Posts by rampman
Old Dec 03, 2009, 09:25 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman View Post
Sonny1, I probably had the worse shipping dealio from RC Timer but she pulled through for me. Like you, I had only her word to go on for the second try and I will vouch for her as my order arrived exactly as I orderd it.

Rick
Thanks Rick, I just wasn't sure who they were sending the replacement to. I had written the motor off to experience and would not have pursued any recourse, (other than my right to gripe!), but Nina offered so I figured why not. I only briefly listed my UN from their website, then removed it and wasn't sure how they knew where to send it, (I'm still not sure actually; I did not pm or email them). I guess they monitor this thread closely and figured it out from there. I will say I am impressed with their willingness to help make things right, being half a world away they could have just ignored me and left it at that. However, there is still no mention of this on the "My RCTimer" link on their website, so I'll just have to wait & see if it shows up. Otherwise, I am pleased with their products, customer service, and especially their prices. Again, as I said in an earlier post: "Thank you RCTimer"!

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Dec 04, 2009, 02:09 AM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jul 2008
275 Posts
I got the parts up in the air today and they performed flawlessly. I had to make a small adjustment in the programming of the ESC (to be expected) and the plane flew amazingly well. Thanks Nina and RC Timer! I will be making a bulk order with a few friends soon so I can build some new planes.
Rota is offline Find More Posts by Rota
Old Dec 04, 2009, 12:16 PM
Space Cowboy
United States, CA, Vandenberg Air Force Base
Joined Jan 2007
1,124 Posts
So just placed my order with RC timer and paid with paypal (handling fee hmm)
I know asking for the fee's from paypal is against the paypal policy but thats beside the point.

But when i check my cart it says it is still waiting on payment, guess it is not automatic and I have to wait for a human to show the payment as received.

Still great deals on the products.

I will note when they arrive to me here in Colorado.
ShoGinn is offline Find More Posts by ShoGinn
Old Dec 04, 2009, 12:28 PM
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,921 Posts
In my experience Paypal's take a couple days to clear overseas, same at HK.
capt is offline Find More Posts by capt
Old Dec 04, 2009, 04:23 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoGinn View Post
So just placed my order with RC timer and paid with paypal (handling fee hmm)
I know asking for the fee's from paypal is against the paypal policy but thats beside the point.

But when i check my cart it says it is still waiting on payment, guess it is not automatic and I have to wait for a human to show the payment as received.

Still great deals on the products.

I will note when they arrive to me here in Colorado.
Dear Shoginn,

This fee is a transfer fee, with the PayPal does not matter, it can not violate the rules of Paypal.
Your understanding will be deeply appreciated.

Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 04, 2009, 05:09 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Nina never replied to this, but I too would suggest they sell some micro Deans knockoffs. Dealextreme doesn't sell any, and hobbycity doesn't anymore.

Bidproduct has some listed here and here, but they don't have much for customer service. For example, trying to find out the difference in those two listings from them would probably get no answer. I think they reply on their forums to people who post about order problems, but that's about it. My question about motors went unanswered. BTW, for many items, I don't like how they have different listings/item #'s for what seems like the same items, often without any information on them to see. For example, if you look at bullet connectors, there are many different listings just for the 3.5mm, and they aren't together. Some are several pages apart from the others. Sorry for the rant.

Has anyone tried their "same to Hobbywing" (another translation error) 30A ESC yet? Is it really a Hobbywing, or just similar (like I think so many others are)? How does this compare to the Hobbyking SS (formerly the "Supersimple"), Turnigy Basic or Plush ESC's, some of which may be Hobbywing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
Dear BrianL,

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Yes, we have micro Deans knockoffs, and we will selling them ASAP.

Nina
They have some smaller than normal T-connector style plugs now here. I was hoping they were going to get Deans Micro knockoffs. Still waiting to find out the size and weight of these, but I think other people have mentioned the weight difference of this style vs. full size T-connectors isn't enough to warrant buying and changing over. That compared to the micro deans style which is quite a bit lighter than the full size T-connectors.

BTW, I don't think I would have called these Deans Micro Banana Connectors, since they aren't a banana style connector at all, I don't think they're really as "micro" is size/weight compared to Deans Micro, and the name Deans Micro makes people think of...well the Deans Micro style. Something like Mini T-Connectors would have probably been a better name.
Brian_ is offline Find More Posts by Brian_
Last edited by Brian_; Dec 04, 2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2009, 05:13 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,669 Posts
Hi Nina,
Any chance of getting some pusher and tractor props in your inventory for the Quadrocopter flying communtity? I can give you a wish list of required sizes
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Cheers,
Jim
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Dec 05, 2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2009, 07:04 PM
Space Cowboy
United States, CA, Vandenberg Air Force Base
Joined Jan 2007
1,124 Posts
I am not sure about paypal taking a while... I order from HobbyKing all the time and it clears right away and my order is shipped that night usually.
ShoGinn is offline Find More Posts by ShoGinn
Old Dec 04, 2009, 09:17 PM
United States, FL, Lynn Haven
Joined May 2009
23 Posts
It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
Please keep us informed as to how this turns out.

I am on the fence, with as much time as it has taken to be resolved as it is.
I received my order today. It took over a month but it is finally here. Thank you Nina for checking on the package and PMing me. If I order again it will definately be after the holidays.

Tony
Managing2fly is offline Find More Posts by Managing2fly
Old Dec 04, 2009, 11:47 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Managing2fly View Post
I received my order today. It took over a month but it is finally here. Thank you Nina for checking on the package and PMing me. If I order again it will definately be after the holidays.

Tony
And nothing you need in a hurry...
Flying-Monkey is online now Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old Dec 05, 2009, 05:44 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi Nina,
Any chance of getting some tractor props in your inventory for the Quadrocopter flying communtity? I can give you a wish list of required sizes
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Cheers,
Jim
Dear Jim,

Thanks for your message.
We will selling Helicopter parts ASAP.

Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 05, 2009, 08:20 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,669 Posts
Nina,
Oops, I meant pusher props to complement the tractor props for the quads required Counter Clock-wise and Clock-wise rotations. i.e. CCW and CW sets of 10" 4.5 pitch, 11" 4.5 pitch, 12' 3.8 pitch.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
Dear Jim,
Thanks for your message.
We will selling Helicopter parts ASAP.
Nina
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Dec 05, 2009 at 11:06 AM.