HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:41 AM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
6,981 Posts
ordered some props today I know they wont ship till the 17th or something... meh

Will update when they arrive
irun4fundotca is online now Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:45 AM
Joined Aug 2011
9 Posts
I would recommend against buying from RCTImer. My first (and last) order was never delivered. After asking many times, I got a response that a new package was to be shipped. That one, too, never arrived. This was 4 months ago so all hope of receiving anything is gone. Frankly, I don't believe a second package was sent. Or a first for that matter. I hardly ever experience a lost package in the mail so loosing two in a row is very, very unlikely.

So, if you decide to buy from RCTimer (don't!) then be sure to open a dispute before the 45 day period to have any chance of a refund.
raargrit is offline Find More Posts by raargrit
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:46 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,700 Posts
Question please: Although the specs for the BC3536-9 910KV Outrunner Brushless Motor states 2-4Li-Po, is it possible to operate this motor on a 5S battery providing the props are smaller?
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:46 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
I have seen issues with their site mentioned elsewhere and have checked myself each time. For the record, I have had no difficulties loading their site in Australia, using Internode or Telstra.

The two small orders that I have placed with RCTimer have arrived quickly and without any problems. I always select express shipping and DHL has it to my door within 3 days of shipping. The only annoyance is that RCTimer doesn't provide tracking numbers when the order is shipped.
Robert_AU is online now Find More Posts by Robert_AU
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:28 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_AU View Post
The only annoyance is that RCTimer doesn't provide tracking numbers when the order is shipped.
Are you sure you're looking at the right place? It's way down in the View Order page and referred as Waybill. I never took express delivery but I always select delivery with tracking, wich is for $2 extra to standard airmail shipping.
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:58 AM
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
Are you sure you're looking at the right place? It's way down in the View Order page and referred as Waybill. I never took express delivery but I always select delivery with tracking, wich is for $2 extra to standard airmail shipping.
Yes, that is exactly where I look. It is an empty field. With international shipping, a waybill number is pretty standard and I have encountered the term many times before. No confusion there. I appreciate you pointing it out anyway.

The express shipping includes tracking so there is no extra fee for it. I suspect that it has to be entered manually and it isn't always done. It really isn't that much of an issue and common in small operations.

After I noticed my first order was shipped, I emailed RCTimer and received a reply, with the tracking number, in under 10 minutes. No complaints about that. I decided to give them a day or so to add the tracking info for my second order, checking back on their site each day to see if it was there yet... By the time I decided to email them on day two, the DHL man was at my door with the order.

I have noted other people complaining about apparently random or unrelated waybill numbers from RCTimer. DHL is known to reuse waybill numbers which might explain their issues.

Overall, I am happy with the service, it would just be nice if the tracking details were provided without the need to chase them for it...
Last edited by Robert_AU; Feb 16, 2013 at 05:01 AM. Reason: typo
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:43 AM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
The only thing I have to say about RCtimer is positive! Every order has arrived in good condition with a complete order enclosed. Personally, I do not even watch the shipment or tracking because of the inaccuracies. Just knowing I can depend on them is enough for me.

When I once had a discrepancy, due to wording on their website,it was quickly remedied with great care.

Just explaining my experience with this company and would do business them anytime their prices are lower than the competition's.

Be safe and happy flying!!!

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:02 AM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,762 Posts
Well my experience is the opposite. Twice now I have ordered parts and they have sent the wrong parts. Then after exchanging emails where they apologise etc their solution is for me to sell the parts second hand and to buy again.
Having established that its not possible for me to sell the parts second hand this second time I find its now 1 month since my first contact about the incorrect parts and they still have not stated if they will replace the incorrect parts nor have they posted anything to me.
Last time this happened I had to do a paypal dispute, looks like I am going to have to do it again.
Twice now, I wont be spending any more money with rctimer.
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:39 AM
Chile, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Stgo
Joined Apr 2011
54 Posts
couple of weeks ago made my first purchase on rctimer. payed for a express delivery... WOW really fast indeed!!!! 6 day from china to chile!!! very impressed!!!
BUT!!!! the bad thing: i've ordered an minimosd (they named mavlinkOSD) but the thing wad DOA...

the cost for returning is higer tan buying a new one!!! but now i have no confidence on electronic parts from them...

a bittersweet experience.
celulari is offline Find More Posts by celulari
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:32 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Well my experience is the opposite. Twice now I have ordered parts and they have sent the wrong parts. Then after exchanging emails where they apologise etc their solution is for me to sell the parts second hand and to buy again.
I experienced the same thing a year or so ago with RCTimer. I requested a custom wind and noted in the message box, on the "comments" of the order, in the Paypal payment AND a special email to their support. They still sent the standard wind to me and suggested I try to sell the motors and order new ones. After months of back and forth I finally got them to refund me the money and they let me sell the motors off as well. Granted I made out on about $45 bucks but certainly not worth the hassle and months of waiting.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:02 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
6,981 Posts
the only thing I experienced so far was when the order was placed my recipt that was emailed to me was a generic one that stated I used paypal and chose basic shipping
when in fact I used visa and payed for tracking, the price total was the same, however the shipping cost I payed extra was included without explanation over the item cost

I was worried it would ship normally without tracking, when printed to the shipping department
irun4fundotca is online now Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:55 PM
Joined May 2012
220 Posts
So, i've been wanting to take a look at the RCTimer website for quite some time now - i mentioned this during Chinese New Year in this thread, however nothing has been fixed since.

I assume since people say they are ordering things that the website can actually work... but see attached. Opera, Safari, and IE all show exactly the same message to me (in Australia). I get the same response via a server in Singapore too.

If I look at the source code, there is a bunch of html and it looks as though the whole site is there... so whats the go? Are these guys that desperate to not get any business?
Issus is offline Find More Posts by Issus
Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:54 AM
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issus View Post
So, i've been wanting to take a look at the RCTimer website for quite some time now - i mentioned this during Chinese New Year in this thread, however nothing has been fixed since.

I assume since people say they are ordering things that the website can actually work... but see attached. Opera, Safari, and IE all show exactly the same message to me (in Australia). I get the same response via a server in Singapore too.

If I look at the source code, there is a bunch of html and it looks as though the whole site is there... so whats the go? Are these guys that desperate to not get any business?
The site is working for me, in Firefox on Linux right now, but I've used IE and Firefox in Win7 without problems. Take a closer look for problems on your end, such as, access through a proxy or interference by an antivirus app. You might need to find a new ISP - I check whenever I see this type of complaint and the site has yet to fail to load for me...

As far as I can see, there is nothing for RCTimer to fix. FYI, I am in Australia. Can you try Firefox at all? The sad fact that browsers won't follow standards means that some of them just won't work on some sites.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:44 AM
Joined May 2012
220 Posts
I've tried 3 browsers on 3 operating systems from 4 different connections (each a different ISP and one in a *major* data centre in Singapore). ISP is not an issue. A website showing "not found" to 3 out of 5 major browsers is pretty terrible.

Just tried on my mobile using the standard android browser and http://rctimer.com doesnt work. Do I have the wrong url?
Issus is offline Find More Posts by Issus
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:48 AM
most exalted one
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Aug 2002
3,566 Posts
Works for me but at one time it didn't. What worked then was http://www.rctimer.com something to do with servers/name servers or setup at least try the www
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60