HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2009, 07:40 PM
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsoti View Post
Hey capt, it's generally not a good idea to post all of your personal info online. A PM to their RCG account would probably be better.
Duuuh!

Thanks guys, slipped by me in cut-paste.
capt is offline Find More Posts by capt
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2009, 07:41 PM
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
Dear Capt,

Thanks for your message.
We have sent the shipping details to you webmail, please check it.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
And deeply appreciate for your understanding.

Nina
Thank-you Nina.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 09:52 PM
United States, FL, Lynn Haven
Joined May 2009
23 Posts
Nina - I placed an order on 10-22-09 and have not received it yet. The website says it shipped on 11-04-09. Will you please check on this for me? The order number is 2009102220111.
Managing2fly is offline Find More Posts by Managing2fly
Old Nov 18, 2009, 01:07 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Managing2fly View Post
Nina - I placed an order on 10-22-09 and have not received it yet. The website says it shipped on 11-04-09. Will you please check on this for me? The order number is 2009102220111.
Dear Managing2fly,

Thanks for your message.
Shipping date is 23/Oct, we updated the shipping time in our website at 4/Nov

Please don't worry.

Nina
rctimer is online now Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2009, 04:17 AM
Joined Dec 2007
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
Dear Managing2fly,

Thanks for your message.
Shipping date is 23/Oct, we updated the shipping time in our website at 4/Nov

Please don't worry.

Nina
Hi Nina,

I think he means that it should have arrived by now since it's already the 18th of Nov.
Mujiber is offline Find More Posts by Mujiber
Old Nov 18, 2009, 09:56 AM
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,921 Posts
The last memo Nina sent me said shipping is taking 15-25 days. Lets hope things are just slowed down.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 02:57 PM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jul 2008
275 Posts
Nina, my order placed 11-9-09 still is marked "to be shipped", is this normal? I am unfamiliar with how the order process works from RC Timer and kind of assumed it would at least be shipped by now. I realize things are slowing down, I just want to make sure that my order will arrive because I have a plane waiting for these parts completely ready to fly, minus what I ordered.

Any help would be appreciated! My order sn is 2009110960566.
Rota is offline Find More Posts by Rota
Old Nov 18, 2009, 04:20 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rota View Post
Nina, my order placed 11-9-09 still is marked "to be shipped", is this normal? I am unfamiliar with how the order process works from RC Timer and kind of assumed it would at least be shipped by now. I realize things are slowing down, I just want to make sure that my order will arrive because I have a plane waiting for these parts completely ready to fly, minus what I ordered.

Any help would be appreciated! My order sn is 2009110960566.
Rota, my experience has been that what your account page says at RCTimer doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't been shipped. It seems they don't update very often, plus there is that language issue. My orders take anywhere from 7-14 days to arrive & most are marked "to be shipping" on my account even after I receive them. If you ordered on the 8th., it will probably be the 22nd or so till you receive it. Hobby City takes the same amount of time, but RCTimer is free shipping. Any order from China shipped via anything but airmail usually takes 2 weeks. Good luck!
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Nov 18, 2009, 04:34 PM
Northwest Arkansas
Joined Sep 2008
617 Posts
I imagine HongKong Post will get slower and slower until after Christmas.
arkcom is offline Find More Posts by arkcom
Old Nov 19, 2009, 02:05 AM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jul 2008
275 Posts
Thanks sonny! This transaction is kind of like a trial run for me, so thanks for clearing that up.
Rota is offline Find More Posts by Rota
Old Nov 19, 2009, 03:27 AM
Joined Feb 2009
2,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rota View Post
Thanks sonny! This transaction is kind of like a trial run for me, so thanks for clearing that up.
You're welcome! There are a bunch of new Chinese online dealers out there now, some even with US warehouses & shipping, (HobbyPartz for example; cheapish & fast shipping.). The difference is that RCTimer has the free shipping thing, and they respond to this thread, (a good thing!). I've ordered 3 times & everything seemed to be as advertised, and shipping time was typical for China, but free. There are some translation oddities on their website, (Favorites is called "Flavours Success" for example), but they seem to be trying to provide a good service. The brushless motor I bought is very nicely built and really screams; I'll report back after a full bench test. I posted a mini-review earlier on this thread on the "Battery Balancer?Watt Meter" I got from them; seems to work just fine! Time will tell, but they seem to be tending to business. Let us know when you receive your order, what you got & how it looks & works; it helps us all if we review what we ordered and post it here. Good luck,

Sonny
Old Nov 19, 2009, 03:37 AM
Northwest Arkansas
Joined Sep 2008
617 Posts
Sonny- did you ever get something rigged up to get your balancer calibrated?
arkcom is offline Find More Posts by arkcom
Old Nov 19, 2009, 05:10 AM
Joined Feb 2009
2,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkcom View Post
Sonny- did you ever get something rigged up to get your balancer calibrated?
Not yet...finding the time?? I get a difference between my EFlight Watt Meter & the RCTimer Battery Balancer/Watt Meter in voltage readings of around .20V+ more on the RCT unit than the EFlight tested on fully charged packs, so which is correct? It seems to balance well, getting the cells within .10V after balancing. I need to make the series power connector you describe, (I have a whole bunch of Dean "clone" connetors), to calibrate the balancing function; but can we calibrate the pack voltage readings? One drawback is it doesn't measure amps, just watts. BTW: The Eflight meter shows the same difference in voltage readings when compared to my Multiplex charger also, (I charge through the Watt Meter to compare the voltage readings between the two as they charge). Maybe the EFlight unit is the one that's "off". The RCT unit seems to use a system of draining high cells to "fill" the lower cells to balance them all, then, as you said stops when they are balanced. However, it does have a separate Lipo discharge function; I assume, (hope?), it stops when it discharges down to 3.0V per cell. I tried it, but the balancer got pretty hot so I stopped the discharge just in case, then balanced and recharged the pack. I think the unit is handy and small enough to pack to the flying field, so for the money it seems like a good deal. I just want to make sure it's readings are accurate; I will use your calibration procedure as soon as I make the series connector for the packs. I'm going to use it tomorrow to bench test the brushless motor, (28-30-13), I got from them and will report that data soon.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 09:09 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
561 Posts
Dear sonny1,
Thanks for your message.
"around . 20V+ more" means 0.2V+? Our watt meter without charge function, so it can't charger Multiplex charger. “One drawback is it doesn't measure amps, just watts. "Our watt meter can balance each single lipo cell, mean sure watt, test amps and volts. Sorry, I think I can't understand you well, could you please explain it a little more?
Thank you.

Nina
rctimer is online now Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:26 AM
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt View Post
Nina I never received this order could you check on it?

Thank-you
capt

Order details Ebay

Shipment details
Shipping details

Order details
Item title Available actions Shipping & handling Price

Printer versionSeller: rctimer ( 7962) Contact seller

Paid on Oct-19-09 via PayPal

RC 750KV Outrunner Brushless Motor Free Mounts 2830-14110445607792 - Price: US $9.98
Quantity:1
Having a problem with this purchase? We can help
Leave feedback

Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service: FREE
Estimated delivery: Varies*
Seller ships within 1 days. You can contact the seller for more information. US $9.98

Subtotal: US $9.98

Shipping & handling: FREE

Total: US $9.98

Received on Nov 18th.