HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:38 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbillp View Post
And they seem like an honest site, unlike Back Order King where personally, I get this icky feeling that they are trying to wring every single penny out of me. RC Timer on the other hand, seem to be much more professional.
How's that more professional? in case you've missed reading the last 5 pages or so, RC timer is sorta playing the "ignore your customers when something goes wrong" game- doesn't this echoe the Big Bad "Back Order King"...Does it not???

Anyways, to that, I'd say both sites are honest sites...RC timer and your Big Bad "Back Order King". Honest is one thing, having "awesome" customer service is another...of which both sites do not.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:32 PM
Joined May 2006
42 Posts
I am still not able to login to the web site so... I can't make any purchases. Has anyone else been able to actually get an order processed?
larryw461 is offline Find More Posts by larryw461
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:55 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,265 Posts
Brown out supposedly did. I can't get in either.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:57 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,453 Posts
No problem here.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:59 PM
Joined May 2006
42 Posts
Brownout and 4*60 are both from outside the US. Is the US being blocked for some reason?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:04 PM
United States, NH, New Boston
Joined Jun 2012
83 Posts
For what it's worth...RCTimer.com up and running.
chipsterflysome is offline Find More Posts by chipsterflysome
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:34 PM
Joined May 2006
42 Posts
It may be up and running but I am unable to login to place an order OR create a new account. Maybe I just need a drink.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:54 PM
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
573 Posts
Yup, just tried it again and can log in no problem. I ordered and received my esc's before the site went down but it doesnt excuse the problem of people trying to chase orders up from 2 months ago.
I havent tried ordering again because the company's silence when things go wrong has put me off.

Ive recently ordered from hobby king but only after a farce of having to use a different browser because their site apparently doest work with internet explorer??
Anyway, is it possible a similar instance is occurring with rctimers new site? It obviously doesnt explain missing orders but it might explain why you cant log in unless as suggested all US sales have been blocked.
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:08 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryw461 View Post
Brownout and 4*60 are both from outside the US. Is the US being blocked for some reason?
No. I just tested and I'm able to log in so not a US thing.

Perhaps you guys might try a different browser...or empty your cache/saved passwords and try again.

I'm using latest version of Chrome.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:15 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
1,008 Posts
hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
How's that more professional? in case you've missed reading the last 5 pages or so, RC timer is sorta playing the "ignore your customers when something goes wrong" game- doesn't this echoe the Big Bad "Back Order King"...Does it not???

Anyways, to that, I'd say both sites are honest sites...RC timer and your Big Bad "Back Order King". Honest is one thing, having "awesome" customer service is another...of which both sites do not.
I didn't write the last 5 pages. I was just relaying my experience.

Just logged in, from the US, on my Android tablet.
cyberbillp is online now Find More Posts by cyberbillp
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:06 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,265 Posts
OK, I got my order in, but there was still some difficulty. Using the log in at the top was not working, so I just processed my order and when it got to the log in on the shopping cart then I entered my password and user ID on the new customer and it worked. There still is a small bug in the software for the returning customer log in on the top bar. Did anyone else have a similar result?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:21 PM
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
573 Posts
Thats how i logged in although the first time it wouldnt accept my password so i sent for a new one which worked.
Did you change anything to get your order in (eg, browser) or did it just work after lots of tries?
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:30 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,265 Posts
Did not change anything in the browser just the way I logged in. Normally, I would log in at the top, but that isn't working.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:54 PM
Joined May 2006
42 Posts
Finally. Like almost everyone, I had to create the order first then login. Does that mean that we have to at least start a purchase before we can track an order now?

Thinks that make you go &^%#$@%$
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:59 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,265 Posts
+1 agree