Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:57 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Morrow View Post
Guys'

I ordered a 40 A brushless esc from them maybe a week ago and it's here and looks great. I think it was about 20 bucks or so on e-bay? The only problem I have is being new to electric planes and all the wires going to the esc to the motor being black, so I'm not sure just how to hook it up. Can someone with more time with electrics help me out on what wire goes where? I'd hate to burn the esc up because I hooked it up wrong to the motor. As far as the product and shipping everything looks good to me.

Thanks,
Ben
Sent you a PM Ben.
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:31 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,707 Posts
Dear RCTimer,

Is there a way for RCTimer to make available the Prop Adapter showed in the attached picture?

Thank you.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Nov 09, 2012, 03:16 PM
United States, MI, Middleville
Joined Mar 2012
86 Posts
80Amp opto esc

I bought two of your rc timer 80Amp opto ESC,s. one i used right away and it worked fine. the other i just took out and hooked it up. i want to change some settings but when i put the throttle in the center like the directions say it just beeps continuously, and doesnt go into the second part of the programming mode, any ideas?
pwg212 is online now Find More Posts by pwg212
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Aug 2011
9 Posts
last week I got a reply from Jane, saying that they were going to send a new motor. Let's see if that one arrives... but at least there's communication going on.
raargrit is offline Find More Posts by raargrit
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:03 PM
United States, NH, New Boston
Joined Jun 2012
84 Posts
Where is RCtimer

I have heard that one before. Then they said I needed to place a new order and they would include the motor they said they sent twice...but never arrived.

I have to ask the question.

Why doesn't RCtimer jump in and let us know what's going on.
chipsterflysome is offline Find More Posts by chipsterflysome
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:39 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
564 Posts
Website Server are update!

Dear Valuable Customer,

Thanks for your choose Rctimer and steady support to us.
Our web server are update, it need arround 24 hours.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Rctimer
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:26 AM
Israel, Adi
Joined May 2006
136 Posts
Hi
I got a mail saying my order is shipped but can't get to the web site due to update so i can't get the tracking number.
any chance you can help me with it and send it to my mail or on private?
Order No:20121110050028
Thanks
Guy
guytzoler is offline Find More Posts by guytzoler
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:02 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,762 Posts
Is their Website is still not working or is it just me?
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:09 PM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,244 Posts
Two posts above he probably meant they changed provider and need 24 hours to update. I think the site will be down till then.
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:23 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
Two posts above he probably meant they changed provider and need 24 hours to update. I think the site will be down till then.
good move. I'm sure they'v lost a lot of orders on site outage so far.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:42 PM
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
583 Posts
Ive just had 4 escs delivered. First time ordering and very happy until ive seen this thread. A noob at quads i dont yet have the equipment to test the esc's so im worried they may not work and worried i wont be able to test them before the 45 days is up.
Do you guys think im ok taking them at face value and leave them until im at the point of setting them up before i find out if they work.
No mates in the hobby that i can borrow equipent from to test prematurely.
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:31 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,244 Posts
Don't worry, I think those that lost their packages are just a few unlucky ones and it might not be rctimer's fault if postal service loses the package. Crap happens. I placed many orders with rctimer and all were delivered with no problems at all. Spent like $1K there. All ESCs worked out of the box and are flying.

However, you can test your ESCs pretty easily. Simplest way is to use servo tester (8€ value). Plug thin wire to servo tester, power cables to battery and connect motor. Use knob to control RPMs of the motor. Don't forget that knob has to be set to min value when connecting the ESC to battery. Search youtube, I am sure there is some video about that.

Good luck!

PS: always select the delivery with tracking number, it costs $2 extra but it's worth buying it!
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:16 AM
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
583 Posts
I was worried about the reports of doa esc's and ones that broke quickly due to bad joints.
As i say i dont have the equipment to test them, im still working out which battery and motors i need to buy so im afraid a servo tester is the least of my worries, i do have rc so i wouldnt need a tester anyway.
Im going to take them at face value and trusy they are fine. I ordered my fc from HK but it hasnt arrived yet and it was problem after problem to get to the stage of it being in the post so to be fair rctimer is still by far the easiest and best place ive ordered from.
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:14 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,762 Posts
Something is still wrong with the website. It's been more then a day.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:13 PM
Norway, Troms, Skjervoy
Joined Jul 2012
871 Posts
hello rctimer

i have tried sending you emails for 4 months now regarding orders i have not recived and getting no respons on none of the mail addresses you got. im missing two orders! it sounds fishy to me that you dont respond at all after 45 days! ?

the orders are:
Order_Item:_20120715220076
and
Order_Item:_20120_724020011

really hope i you can sort this out because i really like to use your store in the future also.

Brgds Bjørn-Tore Hansen
Norway
bjornthans is offline Find More Posts by bjornthans
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fall at 70degree north