SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:43 PM
Fontana,Ca.
Joined Aug 2005
180 Posts
Nina does reply

Hi:
I was thinking about placing an order. I went to RCTimers site and emailed a question about their responding or not responding. The next day I found a email from Nina answering my question.
There doesn't seem to be a problem with them answering if you send it directly to their store, or at least I have never had Nina fail to answer any of my questions. It may of taken a day or 2 at the most, but she has always responded to my questions. I have even had them answer during the evening when I have sent in a question before I got off the computer. Sometimes the answer may not be what you really wanted, and I mark this off to different languages. I just try to keep it simple with out any threats and or ultimatums thrown in.
I have not had any problems, but that is only my 2 cents.
amtpdb is offline Find More Posts by amtpdb
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 04:38 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,239 Posts
I also did not have any problems with rctimer, placed like 8 orders in the last few months. BUT, it's been almost a week since their website disappeared.... hmmm, I have two orders on their way and I wanted to check my tracking IDs, but it is not possible. I hope it is temporary technical issue. I treid to email rctimer but no reply so far.
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d
Old Nov 02, 2012, 12:43 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2006
118 Posts
I contacted Nina earlier today through Skype and informed her about their website being not available in my country. I've just checked it again, and it is online now.
Vibosoft is offline Find More Posts by Vibosoft
Old Nov 02, 2012, 02:12 PM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,239 Posts
Really? I just tried it and it's down. It's gone since Monday, I tried every day.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:05 PM
most exalted one
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Aug 2002
3,567 Posts
Not available here either. Hope I get my orders.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:21 PM
Blind Hawk
Seattle, WA USA
Joined Dec 2006
1,211 Posts
Another disgruntled customer here. Ordered a bunch of props last summer, supposedly shipped on July 24. Never received. After several emails they claim they resent them on Sept 9. Never received either.

Really strange thing is I've placed a couple orders since then and have received those. Now I'm on the ignore list. No replies to my last few emails requesting a credit back to my Paypal.

RCTimer is off my vendor list. To bad, I liked their products and prices.

RdJay
rdjay is offline Find More Posts by rdjay
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:57 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjay View Post
Another disgruntled customer here. Ordered a bunch of props last summer, supposedly shipped on July 24. Never received. After several emails they claim they resent them on Sept 9. Never received either.

Really strange thing is I've placed a couple orders since then and have received those. Now I'm on the ignore list. No replies to my last few emails requesting a credit back to my Paypal.

RdJay
They were responsive until I asked for help to trace my package. Unfortunately, USPS won't trace unless it's the shipper. Funny thing is after almost 50 days later, the package shows up...I try to get in touch with rctimer so I can reimburse them (Paypal had returned funds to me via dispute)...but they've ignored those emails too. So I guess until they respond to me, I keep the goods, and the $$$. sounds fair I guess.

oh yea...they're on my "do not do business with" list.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:41 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,239 Posts
Website back online.... got my tracking numbers and my orders were sent already, I can see the tracking records. Great!

Yeah, I kind of agree doing business with them is a bit of headache sometimes, although I had no problems so far, all my orders were shipped the next day, all arrived and nothing was missing. When I emailed a question it was usually replied within 24 hours.

So, I am not sure why they treat some unlucky customers like some of you guys experienced because their prices are awesome and I really do enjoy shopping there.

I hope they get better in communication with their customers and repair their reputation... :-)
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:43 AM
Germany, BY, Erlangen
Joined Sep 2012
25 Posts
I ordered 4 ESC (30A with SimonK firmware). 1 wouldn't even start due to bad soldering. (Got it to at least beep by replacing some parts). Another one gets hot and is not responding to throttle changes. Wrote 5 Emails now. No response from rctimer...
Last order I placed there. 25$ and plenty of time wasted!
michi1g is offline Find More Posts by michi1g
Old Nov 03, 2012, 03:46 PM
Norway, Troms, Skjervoy
Joined Jul 2012
806 Posts
same here. ordered 2 times from them in june and never recived the items, they say i have to wait and they will resend. but now i get no answer on my emails. i told them i will give them until monday before i claim both orders through paypal even if its just 20-30 dollar orders.. got 5 orders in a week or two after i orderd after the two orders im missing. will never use rctimer again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjay View Post

RdJay
bjornthans is online now Find More Posts by bjornthans
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fall is here in the north
Old Nov 03, 2012, 03:52 PM
Norway, Troms, Skjervoy
Joined Jul 2012
806 Posts
damn, 45 days. guess im fu***
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornthans View Post
same here. ordered 2 times from them in june and never recived the items, they say i have to wait and they will resend. but now i get no answer on my emails. i told them i will give them until monday before i claim both orders through paypal even if its just 20-30 dollar orders.. got 5 orders in a week or two after i orderd after the two orders im missing. will never use rctimer again!
bjornthans is online now Find More Posts by bjornthans
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fall is here in the north
Old Nov 03, 2012, 03:53 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornthans View Post
If you order in June, you're out of time. Filing a dispute is limited to 45 days. After that you're out of luck.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:32 PM
most exalted one
United States, CA, Hemet
Joined Aug 2002
3,567 Posts
Yeah. You should always file a claim at 30 days or so with the note you are waiting patiently for the 45 day mark. Then you are covered after 45 days.
Some vendors use very good tactics. I encountered one on Ebay that warns you not to do anything for 45 days. FUnny people.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:42 PM
Joined Aug 2011
9 Posts
still waiting...

I'm still waiting for a motor + ESC + failsafe that I ordered over two months ago. Unfortunately 45 days passed by without me noticing, so it's too late to file a Paypal complaint and get a refund. I've emailed a couple of times, only the first mail got answered whether I could please confirm my address (which I did obviously). Nothing else. Looks like this package is never going to arrive (nothing ever took more than 50 days).

I'm still gonna wait a couple of days but if I don't hear anything I'll have to provide negative feedback due to non-communication and non-willingness to help find out where the package went. This was my first order at RC-Timer and looks like it's gonna be my last. Too bad because I liked the price point and the choice of stuff.

Gerrit
raargrit is offline Find More Posts by raargrit
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:02 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raargrit View Post
I'm still waiting for a motor + ESC + failsafe that I ordered over two months ago. Unfortunately 45 days passed by without me noticing, so it's too late to file a Paypal complaint and get a refund. I've emailed a couple of times, only the first mail got answered whether I could please confirm my address (which I did obviously). Nothing else. Looks like this package is never going to arrive (nothing ever took more than 50 days).

I'm still gonna wait a couple of days but if I don't hear anything I'll have to provide negative feedback due to non-communication and non-willingness to help find out where the package went. This was my first order at RC-Timer and looks like it's gonna be my last. Too bad because I liked the price point and the choice of stuff.

Gerrit

Gerrit,

hit up Kevin. he works at USPS.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=146680

USPS won't trace it unless you're the shipper....At the very least, he can help you put a trace on it. He helped me put a trace on mine and I did finally get it after 50 days.
and yep, me too...1st order and last from rctimer.