HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2012, 09:21 AM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
Quote:
I have ordered from rctimer via ebay. Is ordering from their web site any slower/faster or more/less reliable?
About the same. I believe it is slightly cheaper (when considering shipping $) and more selection on the website. I originally found them on ebay, but since the site has been up I have been ordering there.
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2012, 03:03 PM
Tom Para
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Joined May 2003
1,206 Posts
Anyone heard of Hobby Region? http://www.hobbyregion.com/index.php
I ordered a quad kit from them last week and it still says processing. The paypal money went to to ZHENG ZHANG (rctimer@gmail.com) .Anyone heard of this offshoot??
Tom in Cincy is online now Find More Posts by Tom in Cincy
Old May 11, 2012, 03:44 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,066 Posts
^ Seem to be the same products, including the identical 2212/2826 issue, though they cost a couple dollars more there. Their logo looks very similar to Hobbyking's.
Brian_ is offline Find More Posts by Brian_
Old May 11, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,066 Posts
Has anyone tried any of these prop adapters from rctimer (or hobbyregion)? Do they work well enough? Are they likely the same ones as Hobbyking's (which I haven't tried)?
Brian_ is offline Find More Posts by Brian_
Old May 11, 2012, 04:39 PM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
I have used them and they work well enough. At one point though, the 3.17's that they were including with their motors would not fit properly on the shaft.

for the recent motor that I have ordered they worked fine.
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Old May 30, 2012, 05:07 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,082 Posts
Nina,

Can you please explain if this is going to be the authentic S800 frame? Also any chance on getting them sooner?
http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...22&productname

Sorry for the hijack.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Jun 03, 2012, 12:48 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
Nina,

Can you please explain if this is going to be the authentic S800 frame? Also any chance on getting them sooner?

Sorry for the hijack.
Hi Sid3ways,

Yes, we will selling it arround 15/Aug.
Thanks!

Nina
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:09 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
Hi Sid3ways,

Yes, we will selling it arround 15/Aug.
Thanks!

Nina
Unbelievable!! Any photo other the one from DJI website?
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 04, 2012, 01:06 AM
Joined Dec 2007
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
Nina,

Sorry for the hijack.
I'm assuming you're referring to the DJI S-800. In that case it's not authentic. See note on the S800 page on DJI's website:
Announcement:
In light of the recent event at RCG concerning MS-800 (DJI S-800) clone or counterfeit, DJI takes this seriously. We filed two patents on S-800 (Patent Pending 201120275378.4 201120436743.5) several months ago. Our legal team is the process of contacting RCTimer. We hope this issue can be resolved. However, RCTimer business registration presents a challenge.
At the mean time, there is no evidence RCTimer MS-800 exists since they use photo from DJI website. We would like to ensure our working relationship remains strong during this time awaiting legal team result and direction on the matter.

Attention:
DJI-Innovations has confirmed that DJI S-800 being offered/sold by RCTimer.com under MS-800 is counterfeit copy of the original S-800 despite the use of different product ID. DJI believes it is a danger in using MS-800. DJI will not be held for all liability and will not support any warranty or service in regards to them.
That being said, it looks like it will be a clone of the S-800 just like they've produced clones for the flame wheels. Don't know if it will be "a danger" to use the MS-800, but others have found the RM450 and RM550 to be of good quality.
Mujiber is offline Find More Posts by Mujiber
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:08 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,707 Posts
So when it comes to Hardware, people CARE but when cloning/stealing Intellectual property, that is just fine?
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Jun 04, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Dec 2007
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshotcopter View Post
So when it comes to Hardware, people CARE but when cloning/stealing Intellectual property, that is just fine?
I never said anything about this being ok. I would not have posted that if I thought it was ok. I was just referring to the DJI F450 clone thread.
Clones of those have popped up everywhere. DJI Has dropped their retail price for it though below the price of the clones.
Mujiber is offline Find More Posts by Mujiber
Old Jun 04, 2012, 08:28 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
The fact is RCtimer has no shame at all .... they might be connected to some "party member" way up at the top (but locally in Shenzhen).
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 04, 2012, 08:36 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,707 Posts
Deals are made in backrooms and on Golf courses daily, I see this being no different. What is troubling to me is, the conversation has turned away from enjoying the hobby to politics.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
The fact is RCtimer has no shame at all .... they might be connected to some "party member" way up at the top (but locally in Shenzhen).
jealous?
~>Miha<~ is offline Find More Posts by ~>Miha<~
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:31 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~>Miha<~ View Post
jealous?
What's with you Miha? Jealousy has nothing to do with this, counterfeit/copy is not jealousy, you have no idea. Even RCtimer knows better.
Site Sponsor