HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:32 AM
I have no friends
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 1996
3,329 Posts
The only response I get is about a different order. They have yet to respond to this issue in this thread or the other thread.

Quote:
I placed order: 20110827140019.

In that order there was a Heavy Duty JR On/Off Switch, http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...8&productname= which the charger port didn't work on when I got it. I opened it up and found a bad connection and fixed it.

However I also ordered a bettery meter, http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...6&productname= and when I use it there is a big problem, it is horribly inaccurate.

Here are my test results.

The voltage checker is so inaccurate that it might as well be junk. I compared it's readings to that of other devices I own on one battery pack.

Mega Power Charger:
Cell 1: 3.85
Cell 2: 3.86
Cell 3: 3.85

Hobby King Quatro:
Cell 1: 3.85
Cell 2: 3.85
Cell 3: 3.84

RC Timer Volt Reader:
Cell 1: 3.82
Cell 2: 3.89
Cell 3: 3.84

As you can see, it is bad, junk, just not worth the money.
mt_100 is offline Find More Posts by mt_100
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2011, 08:04 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_100 View Post
The only response I get is about a different order. They have yet to respond to this issue in this thread or the other thread.
No worries, we will resend one news to you, or refund to you, is it ok? or you can change other items. What's your opinion?
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 17, 2011, 08:52 PM
I have no friends
Joined Dec 1996
3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
No worries, we will resend one news to you, or refund to you, is it ok? or you can change other items. What's your opinion?
You have my info, please resend.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:11 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
You have my info, please resend.
Sorry for bother you, as the Voltage Meter Red is not produced by us, you can change the other items, such as motors, ESC, Servoes and cables, all of these are produced by us, we can confirm the quantity. What's your opinion?
Thanks for your time.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 23, 2011, 04:02 AM
Joined Oct 2011
32 Posts
I thought I would try contact rctimer through this thread as my emails are going unanswered.

I placed an order with rctimer on the 13th of October and paid for express shipping. After 4 days I see my order status had not changed since placing the order, it just said "paid" I am assuming it would change to "shipped" or something. So I emailed them asking for the tracking number. I got a very quick reply asking me to check my email but I noticed they were trying to contact me on the wrong email address. Apparently they wanted to confirm if the shipping address I gave them was correct... Well of course it is.

They apologized and all was forgiven as they said they would send the order that same day. It is now 10 days since I placed my order including express shipping and to my knowledge the order has still not been shipped. All my emails since Wednesday have gone unanswered.

All I want to know is why my order has still not been shipped?
Orracle is offline Find More Posts by Orracle
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:33 AM
I have no friends
Joined Dec 1996
3,329 Posts
Quote:
Sorry for bother you, as the Voltage Meter Red is not produced by us, you can change the other items, such as motors, ESC, Servoes and cables, all of these are produced by us, we can confirm the quantity. What's your opinion?
Thanks for your time.
Refund the money then.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:45 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orracle View Post
I thought I would try contact rctimer through this thread as my emails are going unanswered.

I placed an order with rctimer on the 13th of October and paid for express shipping. After 4 days I see my order status had not changed since placing the order, it just said "paid" I am assuming it would change to "shipped" or something. So I emailed them asking for the tracking number. I got a very quick reply asking me to check my email but I noticed they were trying to contact me on the wrong email address. Apparently they wanted to confirm if the shipping address I gave them was correct... Well of course it is.

They apologized and all was forgiven as they said they would send the order that same day. It is now 10 days since I placed my order including express shipping and to my knowledge the order has still not been shipped. All my emails since Wednesday have gone unanswered.

All I want to know is why my order has still not been shipped?
Dear Sir,

Sorry for any inconvenience bring to you, can you provide us your order No.? i will check it asap. Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:53 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Refund the money then.
It is ok, how about refund USD6.7?
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:02 PM
I have no friends
Joined Dec 1996
3,329 Posts
Quote:
it is ok, how about refund usd6.7?
ok.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 11:26 PM
Joined Oct 2011
32 Posts
Quote:
Dear Sir,

Sorry for any inconvenience bring to you, can you provide us your order No.? i will check it asap. Nina
Order number pm'd to you.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 11:57 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Order number pm'd to you.
No worries, your tracking No. is 1732547515, hope you can contact your local DHL. Thanks for your patience. Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:11 AM
Joined Oct 2011
32 Posts
Hello Nina

Thank you very much for the tracking number. I see the package was shipped when you said it would be. I should in fact receive the package today.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:22 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Hello Nina

Thank you very much for the tracking number. I see the package was shipped when you said it would be. I should in fact receive the package today.
If you have any question you can feel free to contact us.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:16 PM
SW England
Joined Aug 2009
799 Posts
@ Nina / rctimer,

Today I received my new, replacement motor - free of charge

My original posts are here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1714
and here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1715

I have ammended my posts to reflect the good service I have got from rctimer - thanks!

Nigel.
Devonboy is offline Find More Posts by Devonboy
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:19 PM
Standing Athwart History
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2011
610 Posts
As a relative newbie to RC, I am about to place a significant order for all the electronics for 3 or 4 foamies I am in the process of building. Glad I saw this thread. Back in 2009, rctimer looked good, now not so much.

I will wait until I see a lot more satisfied customer give them a thumb's up before I order from them.

Reputation, reputation, reputation.
roo_ster is offline Find More Posts by roo_ster