HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2011, 08:00 AM
I have no friends
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 1996
3,303 Posts
I'd file a PayPal dispute. Nothing like locking their money to get their attention since they aren't listening.
mt_100 is offline Find More Posts by mt_100
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2011, 12:02 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,077 Posts
wow was about to make an order but lot of negative reports here now.

not only that but their site is going to shi4. 500 errors when browsing etc.

winning!
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Oct 07, 2011, 06:19 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John141 View Post
I'm reposting this from the official thread because that looks like its dead.

On September 16th I placed a high value order (20110916030008) with RC Timer, the total value being $476. This order comprised BL motors, ESCs, props, silicon wire and extension leads.

Yesterday the package arrived but it did not contain any silicon wire or extension leads. This amounts to approximately $130 of merchandise - paid for by me - but not included in the package. Furthermore the package was not damaged or even opened by customs. This means RC Timer did not fulfill my order!

Yesterday I sent a message to RC Timer via their website and to date have not received courtesy of response or acknowledgement. I provided them the local tracking number so they can independently inquire to SA customs whether the package was damaged (assuming they do not believe me).
Dear Sir,

No worries, we are honest do business with you, as your package is over 2KG, we have to ship them by two packages, your cables are in the other package, your two tracking No. is RB484186722HK and RB484186736HK, we have replid your emails within 24 hours, if you need the fast reply, you can join in our MSN: rctimer@gmail.com, it is online for 24 hours.
Thanks for your patience.
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 07, 2011, 06:20 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonboy View Post
Hmmm, I have just sent rctimer an email because one of my 3 motors I recently ordered for a new tricopter build is very bad.
The hole for the shaft in the alloy end is badly off centre and makes the propellor adapter wobble very badly, rendering the motor useless.
The other 2 motors are fine as are the 3 ESC's I ordered.

I await their response and will report back here.

In case anyone from rctimer does see this, then my order # 20110815040009

Nigel.
Dear Nigel,

No worries, we will resend a new one to you.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 07, 2011, 06:23 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek View Post
wow was about to make an order but lot of negative reports here now.

not only that but their site is going to shi4. 500 errors when browsing etc.

winning!
Dear Sir,

Sorry for any inconvenience bring to you, what's the matter with our website? if you have any question you can feel free to contact us.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 07, 2011, 06:29 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
After more than a week now, I've had just the one response from Nina - offering to send a new shaft.
I replied that it was not the shaft but the end can of the motor, but have not had a response to that....

Never again RCtimer

'Once bitten, twice shy'

Nigel.
No worries, if the motor case is broken, we will resend the case to you asap, sorry for my poor English, maybe there is some misunderstand in this thing.
Sorry for this thing.

Nina
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 07, 2011, 06:48 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_100 View Post
Yeah, I have gotten no response from them on my latest order with the defective cell meter.

I'm done with them, just another Chinese company with horrible service and now it seems declining quality.
Dear Sir,

Sorry for bother you, we have replied all of your emails, but your motor is too long to resend the free one, you have paid them on March, but we have tried our best to help you, we have promisesed if you return it to us, we will check the problem and we will resend the new one to you, but you don't want to pay the return shipping fee, we said we will provide you the discount wiht your next order, you didn't accept it, you just need the new motor, no worries, you can pay the 80% of the price, we will resend a new one to you, is it ok? there is so many way to solve this thing, hope it is helpful for you.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 07, 2011, 06:59 PM
I have no friends
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 1996
3,303 Posts
I am not talking about the motor, the cell meter I ordered on my last order is horribly inaccurate and no good.
mt_100 is offline Find More Posts by mt_100
Old Oct 08, 2011, 03:35 AM
SW England
Joined Aug 2009
799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonboy
Hmmm, I have just sent rctimer an email because one of my 3 motors I recently ordered for a new tricopter build is very bad.
The hole for the shaft in the alloy end is badly off centre and makes the propellor adapter wobble very badly, rendering the motor useless.

Nigel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Nigel,

Hi Nina,

A new motor would be good, thanks.
I have replied to your email to me.

Nigel.

Edit:
My situation is now resolved:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1769

Devonboy is offline Find More Posts by Devonboy
Last edited by Devonboy; Oct 25, 2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old Oct 08, 2011, 09:20 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonboy

Nigel.

Dear Nigel,

Hi Nina,

A new motor would be good, thanks.
I have replied to your email to me.

Nigel.
Dear Nigel,

Thanks for your fast reply, no worries, we will resend it tomorrow morning, if you can repair that motor, we will resend one case to you too, don't waste the material, it is winded by our workers, it tooks about half an hours.
Thanks for your time.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2011, 09:21 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_100 View Post
I am not talking about the motor, the cell meter I ordered on my last order is horribly inaccurate and no good.
What's the matter with it?
Can you provide us your order No.? that i can check your payment time.
Thanks for your time.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2011, 11:08 AM
SW England
Joined Aug 2009
799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
Dear Nigel,

Thanks for your fast reply, no worries, we will resend it tomorrow morning, if you can repair that motor, we will resend one case to you too, don't waste the material, it is winded by our workers, it tooks about half an hours.
Thanks for your time.
Hi Nina,

Thanks for your fast response, this is how it should be for a good company.

I look forward to the replacement parts...

Regards,

Nigel.

Edit:
My situation is now resolved:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1769

Devonboy is offline Find More Posts by Devonboy
Last edited by Devonboy; Oct 25, 2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old Oct 08, 2011, 03:19 PM
Joined Jan 2011
72 Posts
Issues with the motors are resolved now by RCtimer. Thanks! ;-)
Welho is offline Find More Posts by Welho
Last edited by Welho; Oct 10, 2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old Oct 08, 2011, 05:44 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welho View Post
Still no response from RCTimer.

Why?

BTW, The bearings in three of the four motors I ordered are rattling now.

So, of four motors:

-One motor with defective bearings from the beginning

-One motor with loose circlip out of the box (poor/nonexistent QC). The motor would have been disintegrated in flight resulting some very expensive damages if I wouldn't had found it and repaired it. Or even worse, imagine a high-power quadcopter out of control, crashing to someone.. After noticing the issue with the outrunner and axle slipping, I inspected the motors more closely and found this.

-Three motors with slipping outrunner bells/axles, unable to fasten / tighten securely without gluing them permanently -> axles not changeable / repairable any more, if these are crashed, they can only be thrown away.

-Now totally three motors are developing bearing issues after not so many flights. Rattling noise is coming from the bearings and I can feel the bearings going bad by rotating the motors. Those Turnigys I replaced with this junk have bearings in better condition although I have crashed the Turnigys to the wall and ground at high speed, and dropped them from 400 meters in freefall... They are still in use in my smaller quad.

-Spinners made of something very soft metal-like substance without any properties of metal such as strength; I managed to damage one with a very thin and weak hexagonal screwdriver when I was tightening it and I did not realize that it was not the propeller slipping but the whole outrunner bell and axle.

-Now I have a cocktail of motors where some are kept in one piece with industrial grade glue and some have bearings going bad. All the four motors have a defect of some kind.

-RCTimer still not interested. I paid for four working, defective-free motors that I assumed to be even reliable to some extent and these time-bombs are what I got.
Dear Sir,

Sorry for the delay reply, how about resend 4 sets bearings and 10pcs c clips to you? can you repair it by yourself?
Awaiting for your information.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2011, 05:45 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Hi Nina,

Thanks for your fast response, this is how it should be for a good company.

I look forward to the replacement parts...

Regards,

Nigel.
Thanks, we will ship it today.
Site Sponsor