Old Aug 24, 2011, 02:25 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunpheng View Post
Hi RCTimer,

I notice that I can't go anywhere else in http://www.rctimer.com/index.php
Something wrong with webpage? Can someone confirm, I am using Google Chrome and IE 7 to access.

Question on BC3536-11:
1. Where can i get the 5mm shaft?
2. What is the size of the ball bearing? Is it 685zz? Where can I get replacement?

Thank you all and RCTimer

Lim
Dear Sir,

Sorry for any inconvenience bring to you, both of the shaft and the bearings are listing in our website. If you have any question you can send the mail to: sales@rctimer.com, we will reply you asap. Thanks for your time.
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2011, 02:28 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anam_funny View Post
It is an extremely slow site. Took 5 days to ship my order. The tracking details were not available. I had opted for Registered Air Mail. Had to send them a mail to get the same. Still no reply. Not a user friendly website.
Dear Sir,

Sorry for any inconvenience bring to you, no worries, we are honest do business with you, can you provide us your user ID, that we will check your order and all of your emails, thanks for your time.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 25, 2011, 09:05 PM
United Kingdom, England, Puriton
Joined Mar 2009
115 Posts
Hi Rctimer, I have just received 8x 3536-11 motors today in the post andtonight I had problems with 3 of the 8 motors...I could not get the prop shafts/holders to fit on the top of the motors and so I have had to file the top of the motorsdown quite alot to get the shafts to fit. I wouldnt mind but now all the lovely gold colouring is badly scatched and makes the motors look messy. I dont have a lathe so I could only do them by hand.
One final one problem is regarding your returns policy...You sayyou replace withing 4 months..well on my previos order I had 8x motors and 8x 30amp rctimer esc's and I emailed you about 4 days after receiving them to tell you that one of the esc's was faulty and you told me to send it back and then you would return one back to me. I didnt send it back because the postae would have been more than buying another one off you. I still have it in my workshop.
So please check you prop hub fitments on the 3536-11, its not all of the motors but 3 out of 8 is not very clever.
eyeball is offline Find More Posts by eyeball
Old Aug 27, 2011, 11:26 AM
What goes around comes around.
Joined May 2011
440 Posts
Hey Eyeball, had exactly the same problems, i also could not get the prop shafts/holders to fit on the top of the motors, im switching to Avroto 2814 Short Shaft. bad experience with rctimer.
squigg is offline Find More Posts by squigg
Old Aug 27, 2011, 11:33 PM
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,594 Posts
UPDATE: After standing my ground RCTIMER have indeed sent me a new battery pack. It checks out balanced at storage charge. All looks GOOD!

I sent the following in email to get help but am asking here too.

---------------------------
11.1-2200-25-B pack in order 20110801210048

I received this pack. It appeared good and was charged. Good 3 days ago. Went to use it today and it had one cell with 0 volts. Tried with other charger and checked with multimeter. Dead!
Took the shrink wrap off and found this pack to be extremely dangerous.. The tab was touching another and must have shorted out. I tried to fix it by separating but I'm afraid it will short out. I cannot ship it back safely. I cannot use it. Right now it is in a Pyrex dish on the concrete patio.

I made 2 more orders of these packs. I am afraid now about these packs' safety when I receive them. Unfortunately they are already shipped.

SO.... I spent 13.99 on a battery pack, could have burnt my house down and rctimer is offering me $5 discount on next order. Not 13.99 + 5 but $5. So basically nothing worthwhile for a pack that was a hazard to ship and a hazard to store in my home.

See below.

OK They say they are sending it today. Good. Hopefully resolved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------------------------------------------

"How about resend a new battery to you? or you can choose other items, is it ok?"

Better than nothing or $5 so we will see what happens now.

------------------------------------------------
Now replied to them
------------------------
So it cost me $13.99, is no good to me and you want me to buy more from you for cost less $5 . Obviously you think we are stupid and ignorant here in North America. If you do not refund the $13.99 this WILL be spread all over the internet. Believe me you are making a ridiculous offer to me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for this thing, just USD5, not the 13.99 +5

--
Best Regards.

RC Timer Power Model Co.,Ltd
Online Service MSN: rctimer@gmail.com
---------------

-------- Original Message --------

I cannot use a battery pack that cost me $13.99

So are you saying 13.99 + 5 ?

------------------------------------

How about USD5?

--
Best Regards.

RC Timer Power Model Co.,Ltd
Online Service MSN: rctimer@gmail.com
---------------
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Last edited by 4*60; Sep 21, 2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 04:33 PM
What goes around comes around.
Joined May 2011
440 Posts
RCTimer bad quality.

Having major vibration problems with these motors (BC3536/11), shaking the hell out of my hex., The mounts are well off centre & see the pic, had a couple of screws in one motor kit with no thread, wt?, in the endup, 2 good, well balanced motors out of 8.. im sorry i bought rctimer, wont be going back. The quality isnt there.
squigg is offline Find More Posts by squigg
Old Aug 30, 2011, 04:54 PM
I have no friends
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 1996
3,376 Posts
Hey but they will replace it if you just bought them without having to send them back. Just send them back....

My final conclusion. Their motors are terrible and not worth buying. Only one of the five I bought still run and it is questionable now.
mt_100 is online now Find More Posts by mt_100
Old Sep 04, 2011, 03:34 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball View Post
Hi Rctimer, I have just received 8x 3536-11 motors today in the post andtonight I had problems with 3 of the 8 motors...I could not get the prop shafts/holders to fit on the top of the motors and so I have had to file the top of the motorsdown quite alot to get the shafts to fit. I wouldnt mind but now all the lovely gold colouring is badly scatched and makes the motors look messy. I dont have a lathe so I could only do them by hand.
One final one problem is regarding your returns policy...You sayyou replace withing 4 months..well on my previos order I had 8x motors and 8x 30amp rctimer esc's and I emailed you about 4 days after receiving them to tell you that one of the esc's was faulty and you told me to send it back and then you would return one back to me. I didnt send it back because the postae would have been more than buying another one off you. I still have it in my workshop.
So please check you prop hub fitments on the 3536-11, its not all of the motors but 3 out of 8 is not very clever.
No worries, next time you shop, we will resend a new ESC 30A to you, is it ok?
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 04, 2011, 03:35 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squigg View Post
Hey Eyeball, had exactly the same problems, i also could not get the prop shafts/holders to fit on the top of the motors, im switching to Avroto 2814 Short Shaft. bad experience with rctimer.
Sorry for any inconvenience bring to you, i will report it to our engineer.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 07, 2011, 05:06 AM
Jarhead
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2011
116 Posts
Waybill number please?

Frank and Nina,

I placed order 20110830070016 with express delivery, but do not have a waybill number. Under Shipping Item, I see C20110830000060. I sent an email and posted a message with the order asking for this information, but have not heard back. Do you have a number for me?

Thanks,
Bob G
wheelbarrowjack is online now Find More Posts by wheelbarrowjack
Old Sep 07, 2011, 04:49 PM
Jarhead
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2011
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbarrowjack View Post
Frank and Nina,

I placed order 20110830070016 with express delivery, but do not have a waybill number. Under Shipping Item, I see C20110830000060. I sent an email and posted a message with the order asking for this information, but have not heard back. Do you have a number for me?

Thanks,
Bob G
Frank/Nina,

Please do not bother with the tracking information. It was delivered to my home a few minutes ago.

So that means 8 days to receive by express shipment. I like that much better than the 20 days for the previous order. In the future, I'll gladly pay the extra US$16 for the faster delivery.

Thank you,
Bob G
wheelbarrowjack is online now Find More Posts by wheelbarrowjack
Old Sep 08, 2011, 12:45 PM
Joined Jan 2011
72 Posts
---
Welho is offline Find More Posts by Welho
Last edited by Welho; Oct 10, 2011 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Issues resolved
Old Sep 08, 2011, 04:10 PM
I'd Rather be Flying
United Kingdom, Milton Keynes
Joined Feb 2005
144 Posts
rctimer website soooo slow at the moment, why ?? I need to place an order but the page just keeps timing out and my basket is empty
glofuel is offline Find More Posts by glofuel
Old Sep 11, 2011, 08:50 PM
United Kingdom, England, Puriton
Joined Mar 2009
115 Posts
Hi rctimer...I been sailing in Greece for the past week or so and im now back home trying to get up to speed with things....thank you for offering to change the esc that was faulty, I will remind you on my next order.

Regarding the speed of the rctimer site...I had the same problem and everytime I tried putting in my big order, I would get to the payment part and it would lock up and throw me out after a loooong wait and then when I went back into my account I found my basket empty, I tried twice and waisted 2 hrs in total so i then went onto their ebay site and bought through there...all went well...rctimer seem to trade through ebay.co.uk with 2 different business names and one of them has free postage but longer delivery time
eyeball is offline Find More Posts by eyeball
Old Sep 12, 2011, 05:03 PM
I have no friends
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 1996
3,376 Posts
RCTIMER. If you are watching....and everyone else of course.

I had decided not to buy motors from RC Timer anymore but would buy other things.

Placed an order for some servo extensions, a switch, and threw in a lipo cell monitor. Links:

Switch
Lipo Volt Checker

Got the order today, and of the items the servo extensions are fine.

The switch has a built in charge port, doesn't work. Checked with a meter and there isn't a complete circuit inside. So, worthless.

The voltage checker is so inaccurate that it might as well be junk. Reading a 3S pack on three devices yields this:

Mega Power Charger:
Cell 1: 3.85
Cell 2: 3.86
Cell 3: 3.85

Hobby King Quatro:
Cell 1: 3.85
Cell 2: 3.85
Cell 3: 3.84

RC Timer Volt Reader:
Cell 1: 3.82
Cell 2: 3.89
Cell 3: 3.84

RC Timer, if you read this at all. I have already had problems with three motors from you, all horrible quality but decided to order other things from you. The items I ordered are of such poor quality that they are of no value and useless. As far as I am concerned you sell junk. You don't check here very often either. So, you sell junk, and have bad customer service.

This was my last order. Never again will I pay for your junk.
mt_100 is online now Find More Posts by mt_100