SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 10, 2011, 09:11 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,942 Posts
Send photo of what?
I don't own that motor, it's a new product, somewhat unique, personaly I never seen such approach.
The request wasn't for my personal purpose, was a suggestion for you to add such motor to your product line, I am sure that the multirotor copters community will be very interested if such motor can be issued at rctimers level of quality and price.
I don't have more info than what can be seen in that page.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Last edited by renatoa; Jul 11, 2011 at 01:04 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2011, 02:11 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,414 Posts
Hi,...rctimer can you help me find if its an issue in programming or something else... My plane is Twinstar 2, I have 2 of your 2826-10 1400kV motors and two 30A escs,...if I have everything connected the escs just beep all the time, if I cut the red wire in one esc one motors rotates nicely and the other one rotates like someone would hold it (rotates bad, maybe need 2 second to make one rotation)...If i rotate the motors by my hand the motors rotate nicely, and I have also figured out that the motors are an issues since I swaped them and now that motor which doesn't rotate, rotates nicely, and the other one which rotate before nicely doesn't rotate good...so the problem is in the escs...escs are connected to the receiver with a Y cable.
msev is offline Find More Posts by msev
Old Jul 10, 2011, 02:45 PM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
Hi,...rctimer can you help me find if its an issue in programming or something else... My plane is Twinstar 2, I have 2 of your 2826-10 1400kV motors and two 30A escs,...if I have everything connected the escs just beep all the time, if I cut the red wire in one esc one motors rotates nicely and the other one rotates like someone would hold it (rotates bad, maybe need 2 second to make one rotation)...If i rotate the motors by my hand the motors rotate nicely, and I have also figured out that the motors are an issues since I swaped them and now that motor which doesn't rotate, rotates nicely, and the other one which rotate before nicely doesn't rotate good...so the problem is in the escs...escs are connected to the receiver with a Y cable.
MSEV:
Can I suggest that you ask for help over in the POWER SYSTEMS forum? I think you are more likely to get the kind of help you need over there.
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Old Jul 10, 2011, 03:26 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev View Post
I agree with Bombay, your question would be best answered in the Power Systems Forum, but the problem sounds like a bad bullet connector or solder joint on that one side. Removing one red wire is correct as that disables the bec on one esc, and the constant beeping is probably because both bec's are engaged. The rotation problem on one side is more than likely a connection issue; I would re-solder the connectors on that side.

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Jul 10, 2011, 04:06 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,414 Posts
Already did the resoldering, the problem persists...will try at the power systems section... (and I don't use bullet connectors, I solder the motor to esc wires directly..
Old Jul 10, 2011, 07:35 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,266 Posts
could also be a timing issue ?? or throttle calibration ?
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Jul 10, 2011, 08:19 PM
I have no friends
United States, MI, Holland
Joined Dec 1996
3,363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
Sorry for the delay reply, as it is about 4 months, we suggest you can return them to us, we may resend a new one to you, is it ok?
You can send the mail to: sales@rctimer.com, we may provide you the return address, if you have any question you can feel free to contact us.

Nina
Going to cost $11 to send a $22 motor back. Not worth it so guess I will pitch it.

When I do a resistance measurement with ohm meter it actually makes a noise on one phase. Took connectors off and used bare wire, same thing. Shorted winding in there somewhere.
mt_100 is offline Find More Posts by mt_100
Old Jul 11, 2011, 01:37 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,414 Posts
I'm also not satisfied, I reprogrammed the escs with the program card and still that motor does not work correctly (the problem is the esc).. And probably it would cost more to send back the esc than to get a new one...so I guess a few dollars down the drain...

A competitor (in f5j) examined if I correctly connected everything and I did so the problem is in the hardware...
Old Jul 17, 2011, 02:23 AM
Joined Nov 2010
178 Posts
when i go to
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php
is blank page , I'm using IE8 & Firefox
presa1200 is offline Find More Posts by presa1200
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:05 AM
RC Adddict
Joined Jan 2010
4,266 Posts
just tried it and its working on firefox for me
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:33 PM
I have no friends
Joined Dec 1996
3,363 Posts
After buying a few motors from RC Timer, I won't anymore.

THe BC3542-1000 has issues running right, constantly cutting out. Checked it and there a problem with the windings.

The A2204-14 motor most of the time will just chatter and step around, not wanting to spin up properly. Tried several ESCs and timing settings.

Before anyone says it, connectors are soldered correctly and double checked. Been flying electrics for 20 years now so I'm good at that.

I emailed about the BC3542 and they offered to exchange it. $11 to ship a $22 back just ruins the value. Naturally I asked if they would replace it without me sending it back. They said they would check with their manager and never replied again.

The 3536-6 also cuts out at high RPM, screeches and then stops. Tried several ESCs and timing as well, no fix.

I think there is a quality issue with their motors in the windings or magnets, but decent motors should do the things they do.

None of the motors are being pushed beyond their limits, in most cases 75% of their limit.

Their customer service on this thread was appealing but responses here are slower too. There are plenty of discount vendors out there to worry about giving money to this one again.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 02:16 PM
RC Adddict
Joined Jan 2010
4,266 Posts
MT you realize for 28 bucks you can get one from Headsup in the US and then when theres a problem its easy to get fixed ?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 02:28 PM
I have no friends
Joined Dec 1996
3,363 Posts
Certainly do, and that and a few other small vendors is where my money will go in the future.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 03:50 PM
Joined Jul 2004
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_100 View Post
After buying a few motors from RC Timer, I won't anymore.

THe BC3542-1000 has issues running right, constantly cutting out. Checked it and there a problem with the windings.

The A2204-14 motor most of the time will just chatter and step around, not wanting to spin up properly. Tried several ESCs and timing settings.

Before anyone says it, connectors are soldered correctly and double checked. Been flying electrics for 20 years now so I'm good at that.

I emailed about the BC3542 and they offered to exchange it. $11 to ship a $22 back just ruins the value. Naturally I asked if they would replace it without me sending it back. They said they would check with their manager and never replied again.

The 3536-6 also cuts out at high RPM, screeches and then stops. Tried several ESCs and timing as well, no fix.

I think there is a quality issue with their motors in the windings or magnets, but decent motors should do the things they do.

None of the motors are being pushed beyond their limits, in most cases 75% of their limit.

Their customer service on this thread was appealing but responses here are slower too. There are plenty of discount vendors out there to worry about giving money to this one again.
Doesn't make me feel too good about the 5 motors and 5 ESC I ordered a week ago
coomarlin is offline Find More Posts by coomarlin
Old Jul 17, 2011, 04:27 PM
Former Futaba employee
Joined Aug 2006
1,178 Posts
I'm surprised it screeches at high timing
keyman923 is offline Find More Posts by keyman923