SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2009, 11:44 AM
I Can Fly An FP Inverted!
Teddington, Middlesex, UK
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
I recieved my HK250PL kit today, along with my servos, rx, motor and other parts, so my GT should be airbourne soon.

I have posted my inital thoughts and picture in the second post:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...42&postcount=2

I will update further about this heli when i get it finished.

if anyone wants more pics/details, please dont hesitate to ask
Hal_The_Hacker is offline Find More Posts by Hal_The_Hacker
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2009, 02:53 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal_The_Hacker
I recieved my HK250PL kit today, along with my servos, rx, motor and other parts, so my GT should be airbourne soon.

I have posted my inital thoughts and picture in the second post:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...42&postcount=2

I will update further about this heli when i get it finished.

if anyone wants more pics/details, please dont hesitate to ask
So it is not all plastic?
So if head hub and grips were replaced ti would be a good head in your opinion?
Think the plastic will fail easer than first thought, or is it just sloppy.
I See it needs some trimming.
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Old Oct 10, 2009, 03:01 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack
So it is not all plastic?
So if head hub and grips were replaced ti would be a good head in your opinion?
Think the plastic will fail easer than first thought, or is it just sloppy.
I See it needs some trimming.
yeah i think the plastic looks weaker than i thought, but i might test it just to see, i think you can upgrade the grips, hub, washout base and swashplate and be left with a nice head

but then there is the rest of the heli...... its just not worth it with a heli as cheap as the GT out there
Old Oct 10, 2009, 04:17 PM
Joined May 2009
30 Posts
Quote:
yeah i think the plastic looks weaker than i thought, but i might test it just to see, i think you can upgrade the grips, hub, washout base and swashplate and be left with a nice head

but then there is the rest of the heli...... its just not worth it with a heli as cheap as the GT out there
So what are you saying? Is this heli worth the build? I hope so. Mine is still on its way and I have high hopes for it to be a good heli.
mekaone is offline Find More Posts by mekaone
Old Oct 10, 2009, 04:51 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekaone
So what are you saying? Is this heli worth the build? I hope so. Mine is still on its way and I have high hopes for it to be a good heli.
sorry, but from my initial findings, i cant say that it is, but hey, you bought it, so why not try it eh? I know I will.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:47 PM
Joined May 2009
30 Posts
Gyro Question?

Has anyone seen this gyro? Is it any good?
ALIGN Head Lock Gyro RCE-550
It was on Ebay for $20.00 bucks.

I think I am going to use the xmhobbies G401B gyro.
Quick question for anyone.
They have two gyros listed. A G401B for $34.00 and one that states it is for JR/Futaba for $31.00. What one is best for my use with spektrum receivers?
I plan on using the MKS DS480 Digital servo with that gyro.
As far as the receivers go. What plug-ins are the best for the HK-250GT and HK-500GT? The one that plugs in to the top like the "AR6100" or the back like the "AR6100e"?
I think the 6100 series would work in the 250GT and the 500GT size wise.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:50 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekaone
Has anyone seen this gyro? Is it any good?
ALIGN Head Lock Gyro RCE-550
It was on Ebay for $20.00 bucks.

I think I am going to use the xmhobbies G401B gyro.
Quick question for anyone.
They have two gyros listed. A G401B for $34.00 and one that states it is for JR/Futaba for $31.00. What one is best for my use with spektrum receivers?
I plan on using the MKS DS480 Digital servo with that gyro.
As far as the receivers go. What plug-ins are the best for the HK-250GT and HK-500GT? The one that plugs in to the top like the "AR6100" or the back like the "AR6100e"?
I think the 6100 series would work in the 250GT and the 500GT.

that align gyro is a rebadged telebee - hardly a competion grade gyro.

its personal preference with pin style, i always use the ar6110, but thats because its the lightest.

and you DONT want to run a 61*** on a 500, you could get away with it for a flight or two, but dont expect to be able to rely on it, especially not with that belt. you want an ar6200 at the minimum
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:56 PM
Joined May 2009
30 Posts
Quote:
sorry, but from my initial findings, i cant say that it is, but hey, you bought it, so why not try it eh? I know I will.
Worth a try IMO and if I don't like it I can always use the equipment in another heli :-)
I hope the 500GT works out better.

I have a AR6250. Hope that works OK. It would be nice because I already own it but I could get something bigger if I need it.
Last edited by mekaone; Oct 10, 2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:48 PM
Lake City, PA USA
Joined Sep 1999
333 Posts
Hi Guys,

My base heli is almost ready. Still on the fence about what gyro but that is the only thing left. I got several motors to try and I built it with a Turnigy 3000kv to start. I spooled everything up this morning to see what happened. I got a head speed of 3100 with my optical tach. I let it spin that way for a couple of minutes on the bench from a safe vantage point to see what happened. Nothing - no parts flew off, etc. So, put in a gyro and I will see what she does.

In my mind, this heli was always going to be the one I use in the backyard, take along for long weekends, etc. For what I want I am really pleased with the purchase. I got two kits, one for parts and one to fly. I could not be happier. One of my kits had two sets of tapered blades instead of one pair of each buy hey, it was $30...

Gene
GeneR is offline Find More Posts by GeneR
Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:27 PM
USA, NY, Syracuse
Joined May 2005
874 Posts
yea,chinese tracking says it was registred for shipped on the 7th... most things I order from HK I don't look for soon, but this I'm looking forward to.
beer-man is online now Find More Posts by beer-man
Old Oct 11, 2009, 12:19 AM
Frequent Flyer
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneR
Hi Guys,

My base heli is almost ready. Still on the fence about what gyro but that is the only thing left. I got several motors to try and I built it with a Turnigy 3000kv to start. I spooled everything up this morning to see what happened. I got a head speed of 3100 with my optical tach. I let it spin that way for a couple of minutes on the bench from a safe vantage point to see what happened. Nothing - no parts flew off, etc. So, put in a gyro and I will see what she does.

In my mind, this heli was always going to be the one I use in the backyard, take along for long weekends, etc. For what I want I am really pleased with the purchase. I got two kits, one for parts and one to fly. I could not be happier. One of my kits had two sets of tapered blades instead of one pair of each buy hey, it was $30...

Gene
Gene looks similar to mine. I have two aswell, exactly for the same purpose. I'm thinking of putting in the esky gyro EK2-704b, either that or my Assan. nice setup Gene
tornadorc is offline Find More Posts by tornadorc
Old Oct 11, 2009, 07:51 AM
Lake City, PA USA
Joined Sep 1999
333 Posts
Thanks Tornado,

I have the Esky as well but I am not sure it will fit... If it does I cannot adjust anything because of the boom mount.

Gene
GeneR is offline Find More Posts by GeneR
Old Oct 11, 2009, 08:23 AM
Frequent Flyer
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
647 Posts
Gene,

I know what you mean, you can put the gyro at the front and the ESC on the side or bottom plate. but this isI've been trying to figure out which one would be ideal, also the middle plate can be moved one more step up. Like so, I got the gyro upside down, I may need to reverse it because it's upside down.
tornadorc is offline Find More Posts by tornadorc
Old Oct 11, 2009, 08:45 AM
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
I have just about finished building my HK250PL, and it is actually much better than I first thought, the plastic quality seems much higher, and I have not stripped anything so far.

full write up coming later today - same with the GT
Old Oct 11, 2009, 04:29 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,185 Posts
Quote:
I have just about finished building my HK250PL, and it is actually much better than I first thought, the plastic quality seems much higher, and I have not stripped anything so far.

full write up coming later today - same with the GT
Glade to hear: If the blade grips and hub were CNC it would be Ideal.
What is the difference in weight between the two kits?
I still believe in most cases one is better off with plastic on the Boom block, bearing blocks, and tail case (no advantage to the weight gained by CNC, but Disadvantages is loc tight is needed for screws).
But I am a minority.
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack