HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 09, 2009, 10:08 AM
Excellence is Expected
MakMov's Avatar
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekaone
I have seen that the main drive gears and shaft were not compatible with the Trex 250. Does anyone know what the difference is? I am thinking that that should be something I would want to replace during the build. Does anyone know if there is anything else not compatible with the Trex 250 parts besides what I have seen somewhere else and the tail shaft block?

The main shaft/gear compatiblity note.

Yes if you use all the Align parts it is. The problem is the gear and bearing designs are different so you cannot use the Align gear with the Clone bearing or vis-versa.
MakMov is offline Find More Posts by MakMov
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2009, 10:08 AM
I Can Fly An FP Inverted!
Hal_The_Hacker's Avatar
Teddington, Middlesex, UK
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Just got home, the damned postman went and left a note about a failed delivery attempt its my 250 (same tracking no) i will have to collect in en route to work tomorrow, expect pics in about 30 hours

isnt it so annoying how postal workers always ignore the notes you leave them and dont bother to deliver next door
Hal_The_Hacker is offline Find More Posts by Hal_The_Hacker
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2009, 10:13 AM
Excellence is Expected
MakMov's Avatar
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanc338
My GT arrived yesterday and so far my parts audit seems complete and no missing what ever. I think....

The only thing I noticed is that there is a hole on the tail boom that is supposed to prevent the tail assembly from turning and there is nothing on the kit that will go there. I checked the Trex250 manual and it has a part that goes there that does that and the tail assembly looks different where it grips the boom. We'll check with HK support for answers, if none then a screw would be used.

Oh, the canopy is about 18grams, which I think is on the heavy side and the towerpro sg90 is a tight fit.

So far I'm happy, but wait until I dismantle the head to check deeper and put some thread lock.

It is different. I don't think you can use a screw there either, then the tail fin wont fit right. I am not sure why they did this. They made the hole in the boom for it to be like the Align 250, but there is nothing the securely locks the tail box on the boom other than the compression of the bolt.

I just replaced the whole thing because another problem is the Align tail shafts don't fit the clone box either. Kill two birds with one stone.
MakMov is offline Find More Posts by MakMov
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2009, 10:21 AM
Excellence is Expected
MakMov's Avatar
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
on another note the Align plastic boom mount works better than the metal clone one. The metal on really crushes the out of the boom and it doesn't stay tight. Mine kept sliding in and loosening the belt. I have not had that problem with the Align plastic mount.

I would agree, in the long run the Align heli is the better way to go. I have nearly twice as much into my clone as my Align with half the flight time on it. Now most of the bearings in the clone head need replaced.
MakMov is offline Find More Posts by MakMov
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2009, 11:13 AM
I Can Fly An FP Inverted!
Hal_The_Hacker's Avatar
Teddington, Middlesex, UK
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanc338
My GT arrived yesterday and so far my parts audit seems complete and no missing what ever. I think....

The only thing I noticed is that there is a hole on the tail boom that is supposed to prevent the tail assembly from turning and there is nothing on the kit that will go there. I checked the Trex250 manual and it has a part that goes there that does that and the tail assembly looks different where it grips the boom. We'll check with HK support for answers, if none then a screw would be used.

Oh, the canopy is about 18grams, which I think is on the heavy side and the towerpro sg90 is a tight fit.

So far I'm happy, but wait until I dismantle the head to check deeper and put some thread lock.
make sure to check the blade grip bearings, mine came with the wrong ones
Hal_The_Hacker is offline Find More Posts by Hal_The_Hacker
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2009, 12:04 PM
How high does it go?..duh
Pigs dont fly's Avatar
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,633 Posts
Check the plastic head links guys, one of mine on the blade grip was cracked (they feel brittle to me) hope Align ones fit..
Btw there' a spare screw in the screw bag (a tiny flat headed one) that fits in the hole on the tail box to stop rotation.
Pigs dont fly is offline Find More Posts by Pigs dont fly
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2009, 03:56 PM
Trex 450 V2, Spektrum.
airsoft1779's Avatar
USA, SC, Greenville
Joined Aug 2007
333 Posts
Hi everybody, If anyone is looking for a good HH gyro for your hk250, I have a mystery HH gyro (same as the 401b) in the classifieds for $17 shipped. Check it out, its a great deal on a great gyro!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1123745
airsoft1779 is offline Find More Posts by airsoft1779
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2009, 07:54 PM
Registered User
Evan D's Avatar
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal_The_Hacker
Just got home, the damned postman went and left a note about a failed delivery attempt its my 250 (same tracking no) i will have to collect in en route to work tomorrow, expect pics in about 30 hours

isnt it so annoying how postal workers always ignore the notes you leave them and dont bother to deliver next door
Same here and the wife was out shopping so i got a note too. I did get the other box with my gyro, tail servo, receiver, and some 500ESP parts...

I'm ready!
Evan D is online now Find More Posts by Evan D
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2009, 08:28 PM
Registered User
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Call and post a complaint at the post office. I have had to do that before and it works. I have caught my postman in lies before and he does his job now. I have stood in my kitchen and watched my postman put a note in my mailbox saying he tried to deliver a package before and really he just forgot it at the post office. I went to the post office to drop off a package of my own that i was sending out and they told me i had a package there and i could take it with me. Come to find out it was the package he forgot there. I show'd them the note he left me and they really got onto him over it. I cant stand the local post office. Bunch of lazy people.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2009, 11:01 PM
Frequent Flyer
tornadorc's Avatar
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakMov
on another note the Align plastic boom mount works better than the metal clone one. The metal on really crushes the out of the boom and it doesn't stay tight. Mine kept sliding in and loosening the belt. I have not had that problem with the Align plastic mount.

I would agree, in the long run the Align heli is the better way to go. I have nearly twice as much into my clone as my Align with half the flight time on it. Now most of the bearings in the clone head need replaced.

Hey Mak I'm just asking for future reference, how can you tell when the bearings are on their way out?

Thank you

Paul
tornadorc is offline Find More Posts by tornadorc
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:00 AM
Shut up and talk to me!!
Manila
Joined Aug 2006
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal_The_Hacker
make sure to check the blade grip bearings, mine came with the wrong ones
Yup, it seems that we have the same problem with those bearings. The feathering shaft is 2.5mm while the ID of the inner bearing is 3mm. I wonder why they did this.

I'm not sure if I have to contact HK about this but it's a QC issue.

Another thing the canopy's width is thin and may cause it to bind on the servos, it would not fir correctly on the mounting pins without deforming in any way. Oh well, can leave with it though.

I was able to find a screw in on of the spare bag that fit the hole on the tail boom, so far it doesn't rub the belt.

I haven't maiden it as I'm still waiting for the gyro to arrive by mail...
deanc338 is offline Find More Posts by deanc338
Last edited by deanc338; Oct 10, 2009 at 05:06 AM. Reason: speelllinggg... :)
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:08 AM
Shut up and talk to me!!
Manila
Joined Aug 2006
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadorc
Hey Mak I'm just asking for future reference, how can you tell when the bearings are on their way out?

Thank you

Paul

Check if it has a lot of play and grainy feel on it when rotated by hand.

Also some visual check for physical wear and tear and damage
deanc338 is offline Find More Posts by deanc338
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:10 AM
Frequent Flyer
tornadorc's Avatar
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanc338
Check if it has a lot of play and grainy feel on it when rotated by hand.

Also some visual check for physical wear and tear and damage
superkool ty
tornadorc is offline Find More Posts by tornadorc
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:13 AM
Frequent Flyer
tornadorc's Avatar
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
647 Posts
hmm QC on the tail drive gear is really bad. I CA the top end, and also the bottom screw connectors were not affixed, I CA that aswell. nothing is thread locked on my HK250. Looks like I would have to do a full strip and build. I suppose it is cheap.
tornadorc is offline Find More Posts by tornadorc
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:50 AM
Shut up and talk to me!!
Manila
Joined Aug 2006
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadorc
hmm QC on the tail drive gear is really bad. I CA the top end, and also the bottom screw connectors were not affixed, I CA that aswell. nothing is thread locked on my HK250. Looks like I would have to do a full strip and build. I suppose it is cheap.
Best practice to disassemble then locktite everything you can find...Including bearings
deanc338 is offline Find More Posts by deanc338
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Nitroplanes Lander 70mm F9F Panther EDF Build Log and Review The Don Foamy EDFs 38 Jun 03, 2014 10:09 PM
Discussion Official HeliMax AXE CP Thread with pics post em here!!?.. darklyte24 Micro Helis 10603 Mar 27, 2014 06:49 PM
GWS Spitfire Build thread (with glassing tutorial) David Winter GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 156 Sep 14, 2009 05:42 AM
Discussion Build log or review for BulleT? raycsr Electric Sailplanes 3 Jan 30, 2009 01:03 PM
looking for build thread with upclose photos HIGHFLYER99 Foamies (Kits) 13 May 21, 2005 08:54 PM