HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2009, 03:25 PM
I Can Fly An FP Inverted!
Teddington, Middlesex, UK
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldf
My plastic version was ordered on Sep 25. I received notice that it shipped on Sep 26. No shipping info showed for about a week. It now states that it left Hong Kong on Oct 6. It sat in the Hong Kong mail facility for about 9 days. China holiday season????
yeah i recieved notice of it being shipped nine hours after i bought it, but it didnt get any tracking info for a further 6 days. i am pretty sure their postal service only collects once a week for non EMS orders
Hal_The_Hacker is offline Find More Posts by Hal_The_Hacker
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2009, 05:12 PM
East Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2009
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakMov
That is probably from the control links on the slider rubbing on it from improper set up.
The tail was setup properly. I must not have spotted it when I looked over the tail.Remember, this had only had 4 minutes flight time.
distractor is offline Find More Posts by distractor
Old Oct 08, 2009, 05:33 PM
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
I have taken a load of pics of the GT and edited post #3 with these pics, here is a link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...46&postcount=3

if anyone wants anymore pics, please dont hesitate to ask
Old Oct 08, 2009, 05:42 PM
Frequent Flyer
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
647 Posts
Good job Hal, and nice pics, keep them comin.
tornadorc is offline Find More Posts by tornadorc
Old Oct 08, 2009, 05:50 PM
Frequent Flyer
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood
On my HK450 build I replaced the HK feathering shaft and tail shaft with Align ones just to make sure...
Can someone please confirm this. If the Align T250 tail and Feathering shafts is compatible with the HK250.

thank you

Paul
Old Oct 08, 2009, 06:15 PM
Excellence is Expected
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadorc
Can someone please confirm this. If the Align T250 tail and Feathering shafts is compatible with the HK250.

thank you

Paul

I can speak for the GT only.

Yes the Align feathering shaft will work.

The Align metal pully tail shaft did not fit, I had to replace the whole box.
MakMov is offline Find More Posts by MakMov
Old Oct 08, 2009, 06:43 PM
Joined May 2009
30 Posts
I have seen that the main drive gears and shaft were not compatible with the Trex 250. Does anyone know what the difference is? I am thinking that that should be something I would want to replace during the build. Does anyone know if there is anything else not compatible with the Trex 250 parts besides what I have seen somewhere else and the tail shaft block?
mekaone is offline Find More Posts by mekaone
Old Oct 08, 2009, 06:52 PM
Frequent Flyer
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
647 Posts
superkool, thanks Mak.

mekaone, I agree a list of compatibilty or interchangeable parts from the T250 to the HK250 would be good. or the other way around. which ever is easier.
Old Oct 08, 2009, 07:40 PM
Lake City, PA USA
Joined Sep 1999
333 Posts
Well,
During the build of my plastic kit I tried the Align main shaft and it fit fine. The main gear as well was a direct fit.
Gene
GeneR is offline Find More Posts by GeneR
Old Oct 08, 2009, 10:50 PM
Joined May 2009
30 Posts
GeneR.
Thats very cool to know. I'v seen some where else that it was not compatible but you have first hand knowledge that that is not true. I guess I am looking at the aspect that I am not that good of a pilot and I know I am going to crash it a few times so it would be nice to be able to get parts at a local hobby shop rather than waiting a few weeks for parts from HobbyKing. I know a few weeks is not that bad but some times I just want to get back in to the air :-) Plus the more compatible it is, I think, would mean the better the longevity of this heli.
i can't wait till HAL_THE_HACKER and others have more to say about this cool little heli. Actually I can't wait till I get mine so I can start chatting about my views of the kit.
mekaone is offline Find More Posts by mekaone
Old Oct 09, 2009, 03:17 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
@Hal_The_Hacker: Lucky you! I bet that mine is going to get stuck at depot at Heathrow during postal strike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal_The_Hacker
I have taken a load of pics of the GT and edited post #3 with these pics, here is a link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...46&postcount=3

if anyone wants anymore pics, please dont hesitate to ask
Great pics. At least I know what is coming my way! Please make some more when you put it together. Plus - maybe a video?
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Oct 09, 2009, 07:39 AM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
6,168 Posts
None, not one of the clones is going to be 100% like the T250 (same goes for the 450 and 500 clones too). Bearings, tolerances, quality of materials will all be poorer. In many cases you'll have a few plastic parts instead of aluminium or a missing bearing. Over all if you want a straight up open the box, take out the instructions and build the helo get Align.

That said the clones are cheap, fun, and sometimes a challenge.

My 250Gt should be here today, then I get to figure out what I'll need to swap out too.
Evan D is online now Find More Posts by Evan D
Old Oct 09, 2009, 08:54 AM
Shut up and talk to me!!
Manila
Joined Aug 2006
286 Posts
My GT arrived yesterday and so far my parts audit seems complete and no missing what ever. I think....

The only thing I noticed is that there is a hole on the tail boom that is supposed to prevent the tail assembly from turning and there is nothing on the kit that will go there. I checked the Trex250 manual and it has a part that goes there that does that and the tail assembly looks different where it grips the boom. We'll check with HK support for answers, if none then a screw would be used.

Oh, the canopy is about 18grams, which I think is on the heavy side and the towerpro sg90 is a tight fit.

So far I'm happy, but wait until I dismantle the head to check deeper and put some thread lock.
deanc338 is offline Find More Posts by deanc338
Last edited by deanc338; Oct 09, 2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old Oct 09, 2009, 11:03 AM
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky
@Hal_The_Hacker: Lucky you! I bet that mine is going to get stuck at depot at Heathrow during postal strike...

Great pics. At least I know what is coming my way! Please make some more when you put it together. Plus - maybe a video?
no problem at all, i am waiting for my servos, which are coming with my hk250PL (my new name for the plastic version)
Old Oct 09, 2009, 11:04 AM
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D
None, not one of the clones is going to be 100% like the T250 (same goes for the 450 and 500 clones too). Bearings, tolerances, quality of materials will all be poorer. In many cases you'll have a few plastic parts instead of aluminium or a missing bearing. Over all if you want a straight up open the box, take out the instructions and build the helo get Align.

That said the clones are cheap, fun, and sometimes a challenge.

My 250Gt should be here today, then I get to figure out what I'll need to swap out too.
actually, in this case you get aluminium parts instead of plastic, the bearing blocks and boom block are both plastic on the real thing, they are alu on this one.