Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 16, 2010, 08:41 AM
Sunny Sheff, UK
Joined Jul 2008
148 Posts
Any tips on how to remove the main shaft from the head? I've been attacking it for two hours in a vice and using the blowtorch attachment on my soldering iron to melt any threadlock and it won't budge. I'm wondering if there's a better technique? Shafts on my other helis have come away from the head with no problem.
chipbutty is offline Find More Posts by chipbutty
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2010, 08:52 AM
Sunny Sheff, UK
Joined Jul 2008
148 Posts
Got there in the end. Tight fit that was.
chipbutty is offline Find More Posts by chipbutty
Old Apr 17, 2010, 03:56 PM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Any recommendation for good servos for 250? Something digital with metal gears, appropriate torque and good speed?

Hint: I'm not after budget servos - but high end ones - HXT900 are fine, but I started experiencing problems with centering and, since I really like this little bird, I think it deserves something much better!
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Apr 18, 2010, 02:10 AM
East Coast, Australia
Joined Jul 2009
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
Any recommendation for good servos for 250? Something digital with metal gears, appropriate torque and good speed?

Hint: I'm not after budget servos - but high end ones - HXT900 are fine, but I started experiencing problems with centering and, since I really like this little bird, I think it deserves something much better!
Hitec HS5065MG or INO-LAB HG-D202MG. You can NOT go wrong there.
distractor is offline Find More Posts by distractor
Old Apr 18, 2010, 02:44 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by distractor View Post
Hitec HS5065MG or INO-LAB HG-D202MG. You can NOT go wrong there.
Cool! I was looking in buying ino lab's servos but it looks like Hobby City doesn't carry HGD 202 MG. Any idea where to get it from (asia)?
Old Apr 18, 2010, 08:25 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,607 Posts
Quote:
Cool! I was looking in buying ino lab's servos but it looks like Hobby City doesn't carry HGD 202 MG. Any idea where to get it from (asia)?

They carry them, but are out of stock:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s.../_.16s_/_2.0kg

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Apr 18, 2010, 09:30 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
They carry them, but are out of stock:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s.../_.16s_/_2.0kg

Pat MacKenzie
You're right . I was looking at HGD set of letters at the start of servo name - and this one has 'Digital' at the end! Bah... Thanks!

Anyway - I do need proper servos on my 250 - I had huge elevator servo centering problems today. Maybe it would be smart replacing that HXT900 with the new one - 'just in case'... Until they get Ino Lab 202 MG ones in stock and my Beast X arrive

Anyway - I've heard that Gy401 might have trouble with constant piro rate in the windy conditions - but slight breeze (as today) and small heli (like HK250GT) running with low HS - and Gy did speed up the moment tail crossed the wind . Hope built in gyro in BeastX has better software to handle such situations

BTW - the next question is - any idea where to get good flybarless heads for 250? Or - is it worth getting extra pieces and making own of cheap HK250GT parts?
Old Apr 18, 2010, 06:23 PM
USA, NY, Syracuse
Joined May 2005
874 Posts
I just built up a exi 250 with a microheli flybarless head and I skookum. It's nice because it comes with side rials to widen the back of the frame. So far I've only done a few test hops in my basement and one short hover out side. still needs tweeking. I'd post pics but my camera died, I'll see what I can do with my DV

http://www.microheli.com/images/MH-TX2002F_a.jpg
beer-man is offline Find More Posts by beer-man
Old Apr 19, 2010, 09:00 PM
They call me Supercrash
OBX NC
Joined Sep 2008
330 Posts
ok need some help....bought the 250 non gt. Its been quite a pain in the butt and I really haven't been impressed with it! For starters i tightened all of the tail down but forgot about the tail blade grips.....don't need to tell you how i figured that out. That resulted in a redi heli order :/ Got new linkages, metal rudder servo holder, metal tail grips, hardware pack. And most recently bought a good set of hex drivers but i won't totally blame that on the 250, since i needed them lets call it inspiration....

I'm running the 3500 kv motor, stock pinion, 25 amp HK ESC, turnigy servos, HK servo on 750 rhino lipo, carbon blades from xheli.

So my problem is, my tail is holding for about 2 sec when i get to mid stick. Gyro is on the bottom of the receiver holder, set the same as my 600, BUT...I have tried every combo allowable. I was thinking my belt can't get tight enough, partly cause the boom block has some stripped screws. And now i noticed my tail gear looks like post 81..... Its running just like my 600, but yet she spins like no other.....any ideas? Maybe i'll just buy a new boom cradle and a new tail casing all together.
Erroet is offline Find More Posts by Erroet
Old Apr 19, 2010, 09:01 PM
Excellence is Expected
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
Quote:

HS5045DS
MakMov is offline Find More Posts by MakMov
Old Apr 22, 2010, 03:23 PM
Pacifica, CA USA
Joined May 2009
452 Posts
Ok Guys, I've been flying my Blade MSR and purchased a flight sim. I would like to order HK-T250 CCPM Electric Helicopter Kit so I can start building it while getting more flight time on sim. Does anyone have a list of parts and electronics to make this Receiver Ready. Since this will be my first CP heli, I would like to build it using the cheapest parts I can get from HK.

Which one is more stable HK250 or HK450?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Gary
norstaroption is offline Find More Posts by norstaroption
Old Apr 22, 2010, 03:53 PM
DFW Texas
Joined Feb 2010
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norstaroption View Post
Ok Guys, I've been flying my Blade MSR and purchased a flight sim. I would like to order HK-T250 CCPM Electric Helicopter Kit so I can start building it while getting more flight time on sim. Does anyone have a list of parts and electronics to make this Receiver Ready. Since this will be my first CP heli, I would like to build it using the cheapest parts I can get from HK.

Gary
Having a 250, 450 and 500 My experience is bigger = stability.

I never fly my 250 outside... I have a huge warehouse space at work is the reason for that purchase.

Recently bought the HK450 Pro... love it!
JavaScript is offline Find More Posts by JavaScript
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:13 PM
Excellence is Expected
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norstaroption View Post

Gary
The 450 is definately more stable.

And the 450 you can get by cheaper.

My 250 clone has gone through most of the stock parts and is now 90% or better Align. It would have been cheaper just to get another Trex.

As far as the HK450, by time it is shipped it the same money as an EXI 450 from Xheli out of California, and it wont need as much upgrades before it is safe to fly as the HK450.

To make the 250 RX ready you will need

A motor
An approprate ESC
A 800 3S Lipo and charger
3 Cyclic Servos I have used HS45s with good results there is a digi 5045 or the Align DS410s. There are a number of cheaper alternates as well as better.
1 High speed DS tail servo 1.1 sec or faster I like the JR DS188.
A good gyro it does make a difference I have used cheap and good gyros and the difference is night and day. GP750 or 2100T works extremly well.

Then you will want on hand because it will go bad.
A fuse end tail belt drive.
Kevlar Belts
most of the bearings
Tail Shafts Note the Align ones will not fit unless you replace the tail box
A plastic Aling boom mount the metal one you have to constantly tighten.
A swash plate the ball will fall out.
A feather shaft because it will break
An Align LG set the clone is all one piece and a pain to work with.
Also you cannot mix and match Align and cone main gears. You have to use one or the other's whole assembly. So if you want to get parts local replace the tail box, and the main gear.

So after the kit building it have two major belt failures and trying to repair it with Align parts and nearly $200 later I have an mostly Trex 250 that flies almost as good as my genuine Trex. For another $150 it would, but pretty much all the bearings that haven't already been replaced are worn out and a set of digital cyclic servos would make it as good as my Trex.

Having said all that, I still prefer my Gaui 200 SD over the Trex 250 or clone. And I really don't fly my 450 that much. I find it large, slow and lumbering after flying the little ones, which gets me into trouble because it's just not as responsive.

Nevertheless, that is a good thing for a learner.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:36 PM
Pacifica, CA USA
Joined May 2009
452 Posts
Thanks, MakMov. I'll definitely check out the EXI 450.
norstaroption is offline Find More Posts by norstaroption
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:38 PM
Excellence is Expected
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
Personally, I still say the original 4#3 is the best first heli for a new pilot.

It is by no stretch of the imagination the easiest, in fact, it is probably one of the hardest to fly. However, if you can master that little guy you can fly anything.

It is also pretty darn rugged, not terribly expensive to fix up, and a whole lot less complicated than a collective pitch.