Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 28, 2013, 03:29 PM
Joined May 2011
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
took it for an indoor flight today, all set up. Then I asked for a little advice from one of the senior pilots and asked them to verify my setup by letting them test fly it. what ended up happening was he got me to change everything from swash mix to throttle curve to pitch curve. guess what happened... it ended up trying to flip backwards and crashed.

so now i'm here checking over parts (which right now i'm not in the mood for) and ordering replacements.

Now a crash because I dumbthumbed it is one thing, but a crash from the advice of someone else is just depressing.. because I know this wasn't my fault.

While i'm thinking about it, does anyone know if I can fit longer blades to the GT, longer than 205mm?
What I found out is, helicopters do what they do best(crash), It's just being able to cut down the amount of crashing that makes this hobby worth while.
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:23 PM
Death Drops are awesome.
Canada, BC, Sechelt
Joined May 2008
1,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakMov View Post
Yeah that sucks. Incentive to learn your birds so no one but you touches them.

yup. The main (and only) reason why I handed over the radio to him was so he could give it a test and see any quirks I missed. The entire club knows by now.

Quote:
Not sure why you'd wanna. It flies fine with 205s
Mainly to dial down the headspeed a titch.
Sabin is offline Find More Posts by Sabin
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:44 PM
United States, PA, East Berlin
Joined Nov 2011
80 Posts
Does anyone know of a jetranger or preferably a longranger body is available?
allisonmo2 is offline Find More Posts by allisonmo2
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:42 PM
Excellence is Expected
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
Quote:
yup. The main (and only) reason why I handed over the radio to him was so he could give it a test and see any quirks I missed. The entire club knows by now.

Mainly to dial down the headspeed a titch.
I imagine its got a quirk now?

If that is all you wanna do, you could do that with your throttle curve.

I have run 200mm, 190, 185 205 on my Gaui 200 and down to 160 100 without much noticable difference, but always 205 on my 250s.

This class heli will do very well with high headspeeds.

I just picked up an Align 250 Pro DFC Super combo and a Copter X SE FBL with the Copter X flight pack and will be interesting to see what kind of headspeeds those run. It will also be interesting to see how it compairs to the HK250GT, which is still have 1 more kit in the box.
MakMov is offline Find More Posts by MakMov
Last edited by MakMov; Feb 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:22 PM
Death Drops are awesome.
Canada, BC, Sechelt
Joined May 2008
1,344 Posts
yeah that does sound interesting. let me know how it goes, seeing as I want to go FBL before the next indoor season starts.

I'm in the middle of tearing it down to find any bent parts. I'll probably put it back together on saturday.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2013, 02:22 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
I finally uploaded my torque tube pictures...still not finished but you guys can check them out...I also did a 450 V3 torque tube conversion on one of my V2 helis. I posted those pictures under my helis thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post24288204
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Mar 02, 2013 at 12:33 AM.
Old Mar 01, 2013, 11:48 PM
Death Drops are awesome.
Canada, BC, Sechelt
Joined May 2008
1,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakMov View Post
I imagine its got a quirk now?

If that is all you wanna do, you could do that with your throttle curve.
yeah, if I do that, wouldn't I need to add a degree of positive pitch with the stock blades?
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:17 AM
Joined Nov 2011
80 Posts
What inexpensive pieces get broken the most? I am ordering a lipo pack for my tax and have 275 more grams till shipping gets bumped up. I am thinking a couple of sets of cf main blades, a few 9g servos..... What else? Don't want to break the bank just don't want to waste the shipping money or time.
Last edited by allisonmo2; Mar 02, 2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:44 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,599 Posts
Main shaft, feathering shaft and maingear? those tend to go in all hels on a crash. Possibly tail boom, landing skids and canopy to.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:43 AM
Joined Nov 2011
80 Posts
HK doesn't have the align feathering shaft that I can find so I was holding off on that. Boom may be a good idea though.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 03:41 PM
Joined May 2011
417 Posts
There is quite a few things that will get damage during a crash, it kinda depends on how hard you crash. I crash a lot, so I have large supply of flybars, tail rotor shafts, head blocks, tail boom support rods, canopy mounting hardware, along with
the items that Xermalk mentioned.
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
Old Mar 02, 2013, 05:43 PM
Excellence is Expected
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonmo2 View Post
What inexpensive pieces get broken the most? I am ordering a lipo pack for my tax and have 275 more grams till shipping gets bumped up. I am thinking a couple of sets of cf main blades, a few 9g servos..... What else? Don't want to break the bank just don't want to waste the shipping money or time.
yeah, I blew up a bunch of main head stuff before converting to Align.

Booms and tail output shafts
Old Mar 02, 2013, 05:47 PM
Excellence is Expected
Aurora, Colorado
Joined Nov 2005
3,736 Posts
Quote:
yeah, if I do that, wouldn't I need to add a degree of positive pitch with the stock blades?
no not really, you don't wanna slow it down and add pitch too it and over work the ESC unless you can afford to add pitch, but that is something you just gotta get a feel for when you are balancing TC and PC.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 05:58 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,552 Posts
FWIW, with electrics you basically want a straight pitch curve from -whatever to +whatever.
To change headspeed you adjust the throttle curve. If you want to change it a lot then change the pinion.
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:51 AM
Death Drops are awesome.
Canada, BC, Sechelt
Joined May 2008
1,344 Posts
halfway through the rebuild and i just found out a servo has a broken mount.

I can superglue it to get by but i'll be ordering three new servos now.
RCG Plus Member