Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:48 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,925 Posts
Don't try a low head speed. These are more stable the higher you can get the head.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:08 PM
Joined May 2011
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
Watt micro CP do you have? Perhaps I can help.
Garry K.
The Nine Eagles Solo Pro 100 micro cp,
The default throttle setting is; 100-100-98-100-100.
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:22 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,196 Posts
Same thing as the mPCx then. First I would try going to your local hobby shop and getting the version 2 tail blade. Then I would extend the tail boom by about 1 inch or so. That should do it, but if not, then putting on a 120SR tail motor and bearing and blades (cut down a bit) will.
Let me know how it goes.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:48 AM
Joined May 2011
417 Posts
Quote:
Same thing as the mPCx then. First I would try going to your local hobby shop and getting the version 2 tail blade. Then I would extend the tail boom by about 1 inch or so. That should do it, but if not, then putting on a 120SR tail motor and bearing and blades (cut down a bit) will.
Let me know how it goes.
Garry K.
Thanks. I just got this thing a few weeks ago, it flies great and the tail holds when I'm not trying to invert it. The idle-up values are basically the same as the factory defaults. 32-40-52-65-72. I just broke the boom the other day and ordered a new one. I'll try the mpcx version 2's tail rotor. How would you extend the boom?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:57 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,196 Posts
With a 2mm piece of carbon fiber from your LHS. Just wrap the wires around the outside of the "new" boom. I crack the old boom lengthwise to get the wires out without desoldering the connector. Also, make sure the connector at the main board is not loose. This connector is known for being trouble.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:22 AM
Joined May 2011
417 Posts
Quote:
With a 2mm piece of carbon fiber from your LHS. Just wrap the wires around the outside of the "new" boom. I crack the old boom lengthwise to get the wires out without desoldering the connector. Also, make sure the connector at the main board is not loose. This connector is known for being trouble.
Garry K.
Thanks.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:38 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,973 Posts
Hey fellas. I'm selling all my 250GT stuff. If anyone needs some parts: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1820258
Diesel6401 is online now Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:06 AM
Ireland
Joined Jan 2008
178 Posts
Has anyone tried converting the HK250 into a 100? ie using 160mm blades and shortened tail boom. I have a guai ep100 but apparently it and its clones have been discontinued and spares are getting scarce. The belts are becoming especially scarce and expensive. I read somewhere that someone shortened a guai 200 torque tube to 100 size. Im wondering could the tarot torque tube be shortened to convert the HK250?
shane55 is offline Find More Posts by shane55
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:28 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,547 Posts
I think that conversion would be next to impossible to fly. A lot of mass with little control authority and would need insane head speeds. Just buy a smaller heli, there are tons of wonderful 100 size helis.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:24 AM
Ireland
Joined Jan 2008
178 Posts
Alot of what are called 100 size are alot smaller than the guai 100 which has a main rotor diameter of 360mm,just about 3 inches less than a 250.As far as I've seen there are no other cp helis of this size available.Im not sure why you say control would be a problem, mass, boom and blade length would be the same as the ep100.
Last edited by shane55; Feb 01, 2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:46 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,041 Posts
Shane,

Had you thought of a Blade 130X - 325mm rotor diameter, 3D capable. I had a Gaui 100 and it was barely flyable - very heavy for it's rotor size, they really didn't fly very well. I still have mine in a box somewhere having bought a Trex 250 - they fly completely differently, the 130X flies well (not as well as the 250) and a lot better than the Gaui 100.
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:27 PM
Ireland
Joined Jan 2008
178 Posts
I only fly the ep100 inside, I dont do 3d. I have the 206 fuselage fitted, if its possible to shorten the tarot torque tube I dont think there should be any problem converting the hk250 to ep100 size.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:38 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane55 View Post
I only fly the ep100 inside, I dont do 3d. I have the 206 fuselage fitted, if its possible to shorten the tarot torque tube I dont think there should be any problem converting the hk250 to ep100 size.
You could certainly do that as the Tarot torque tube is a CF rod with a metal cap on each end that is hex shaped to drive the gears. I'm amazed that you could fly it in a scale fuselage as my EP100 struggled without one - were you on 3S?
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:46 PM
Ireland
Joined Jan 2008
178 Posts
No, just 2S, the guai fuselages are very light made from polystyrene only 0.25mm thick, very fragile too though. I can remember when I got the ep100 having difficulty getting it to lift off until I increased the pitch curve so that there is about 3 degrees positive at 50% throttle.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:31 PM
Joined Feb 2013
13 Posts
I thought i would register and just say thanks to the people who have posted here, googling my various problems always seemed to bring me back to this forum and thread, but anyway got the HK250 together today and its the first i've built. I'm not really unhappy with this kit for what it costs + cant fly helis anyway so i wouldn't be able to tell the difference! Ive got RTF helis that are all plastic that cost more than this did to put together. Obviously the setup is going to be more of a challenge than the building maybe..?

What i used:

HK250 GT kit, 3 x HXT900 cyclic, 1 x DS425 Align Digital tail servo, Align BL250 Motor 3600Kv, 15T pinion, Turnigy Plush 25A ESC, Spectrum AR6115e receiver, ASSAN GA-250 Gyro. Align Feathering Shaft, everything else is stock at the moment.

A few things i found so far doing this build:

1. DONT put screws (or anything else metal..) in box with the motor for safe keeping, they end up embedded/stuck in the motor! Thought that motor was screwed but actually the align ones come apart pretty easily - i used the balancing it on a socket and knocking the shaft out from above method. (Noob mistake...)

2. Tail Gear mount - Mine was cracked and broken into two pieces, this part although metal seems like a piece of crap. Especially as its one of only two places the bottom and top halves of the body are joined..Will be replacing it with align tail gear mount & metal tail gear.

3. Stock Tail Belt - Looks and feels cheap and as thought it will break within 5 minutes at high speed so will be buying the kevlar one.

4. Blades - probably ok but look bargain basement cheap so will either purchase the turnigy ones or proper align carbon ( same for tail they look wrong )

5. Head - various parts looked a bit shaky and i've heard the stories/seen the videos of exploding feathering shafts so took whole head apart re tightened and threadlocked and changed feathering shaft.

6. Flybar install, the flybar cage has screws where the hole are supposed to be and one of the screws was threaded and wouldnt come out again. Even then the flybar was a lot more of a bastard to install than it should have been and obviously you cant use force and bend the rod!

7. Main Gear, dont know if this is standard for others but i will need extra washers or another bearing to space it correctly to keep in contact with motor pinion and tail drive gear at present it has to much play up and down.

8. Landing skids need gluing to stay in place particular keeping the metal parts the right orientation. To go with align ones you will need to replace the one piece horses/ bottom mount as well.
timmy1234 is offline Find More Posts by timmy1234