HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:09 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helivsFMX View Post
Hey Guys. Im wondering if anybody has 2 cents to share...

I currently fly a trex500 and an MCPX. Im too scared to beat on the 500, and the MCPX tail blows out way too easily when inverted, so I need a 3D trainer. Id like to be able to fly in a soccer field or baseball diamond since thats about all I have close by, so Im thinking of trying a 250. So my question is how is the HK250GT these days? Does it actually fly? Ive had HORRIBLE experiences with clones in the past to the point where I just ditch them. Last one I had was an exi450pro and the tail shaft bent in mid flight and caused me to crash. Stupid things like that would ALWAYS happen when I had clones. So once I bought a trex, I haven't had a single problem since. I dont really want to pay for a trex for a trainer, but I REALLY dont want to deal with all the issues of a clone. So have they made these things any better these days? Can you actually fly a clone out of the box now without upgrading all the shafts/bearings/various parts etc? Id like to know that worst case to replace an airframe is only a $40 experience (vs $65 for blades alone on my 500).

So if anyone would like to share their 2 cents, Id be very appreciative.
I hate to say this, but you should look at the 130X.
It will cost more initially than an HK250 , but it wont break a bunch of parts every time you make a mistake.
The 250 is not the easiest heli to get working well.

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:14 PM
Joined May 2011
438 Posts
HK's belts are really not that bad, I had one break, I broke Align belts and I had Kevlar belts break; they all break after awhile on 250s, I would only use Align feathering shafts, but they also break. You have to keep a close eye on them.
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:56 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
What's the difference between TL and RH part numbers on the tarot flybarless items? I have noticed both but can't tell the difference between them. I'm just wondering as I'm just reading about them. Although I still like the one piece arms from hk. One less bolt to secure and the v2 one piece grips have been just fine to me. These are for the 450 helis in case anyone is wondering. Thanks.
http://www.hobby-wing.com/tl48028-03.html
http://gogo-rc.com/store/index.php?r...product_id=562

http://gogo-rc.com/store/index.php?r...product_id=623
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Jan 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:06 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Where do you guys get your tarot torque tube for this heli? I was thinking about trying this one but their shipping is ridiculous since my bearing holder is broken, so I canceled it. I forgot what you guys said, did this kit work for you guys? I've been debating whether to do the change on the 250 or just get the 450. I may have to just forget about both since I can't find the cheap ones. LOL
http://www.hobby-wing.com/tarot-250-...s25110-01.html
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:49 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
After seeing your tiny quad Jombo I decided to keep going with mine. It's coming along fine, but still need a few bits and pieces to finish the build. I added some pictures on the quad thread I did. You may also want to check out my 250 thread too. I added a few other pictures in there too...Something else... I'm still waiting on my bearings too...
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:10 AM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
Well I was going to hold off pulling out the electronics I have in my Blade SR, but today I was going to teach my son to fly and put training gear on it. I went up and suddenly it just fell, bounced on the training gear and flipped. The blades tore up that poor SR so fast I couldnt do anything to save her.

Frame in 3 parts, tail boom split (carbon arrow shaft) Tail support on one side cracked, rear motor locked up and died was first thing, swash separated at bearing (its a CNC swash too from HH)

How well will these electronics and servos work in my HK250GT?
Acill is offline Find More Posts by Acill
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:08 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acill View Post
Well I was going to hold off pulling out the electronics I have in my Blade SR, but today I was going to teach my son to fly and put training gear on it. I went up and suddenly it just fell, bounced on the training gear and flipped. The blades tore up that poor SR so fast I couldnt do anything to save her.

Frame in 3 parts, tail boom split (carbon arrow shaft) Tail support on one side cracked, rear motor locked up and died was first thing, swash separated at bearing (its a CNC swash too from HH)

What's the specs on the servos and ESC
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:27 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acill View Post

You may have issues with the tail servo as the blade sr is designed to run a tail motor.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:20 PM
Indonesia, DKI Jakarta, Jakarta
Joined Jan 2013
14 Posts
Hello all, just bought this lil bird..looks impressive & confusing too for noob like me
I want to ask how to install the main gear to the main shaft properly? do i have to tight screw locking on the main shaft or not?

I already do tight screw locking but the main rotor seems hard to spin, is that normal?
or i have to left it a little loose so the shaft will spin freely and then i put the threadlock for locking those screw?
andrenoore is offline Find More Posts by andrenoore
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:58 PM
Joined May 2011
438 Posts
Hey Guys
What pitch curve values are you using in idle-up as oppose to normal mode values?
Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:24 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen 1 View Post
hey guys
what pitch curve values are you using in idle-up as oppose to normal mode values?
Thanks
0, 25, 50, 75, 100
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:43 AM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen 1 View Post
Hey Guys
What pitch curve values are you using in idle-up as oppose to normal mode values?
Thanks
Don't use normal mode.
bwoollia is offline Find More Posts by bwoollia
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:57 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,340 Posts
regular mode should be like 0-40-45-50-75-100. I use that only for take off and landing.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:45 AM
Joined May 2011
438 Posts
Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:59 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC View Post
0, 25, 50, 75, 100
This is correct for idle up mode. Especially if you're going inverted.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk