Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Upgrade the PC first!
Quote:
yeah get a good PC. then consider better electronics for your new 250. Just remember with the align esc your going to need an external BEC.
Do your research.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w9k2CO_GFs
Thing is - I've already got quite decent PC.
BTW, I didn't know the 415M is so sloppy!!!
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:28 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
I found it! Under settings and options and under mail there is a box you have to check to save a copy. I guess it's not checked by default as that will add to the allowed messages. I guess you can test it with a couple of messges and then uncheck it again.

Quote:
Select Sent Messages
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:26 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
I found it! Under settings and options and under mail there is a box you have to check to save a copy. I guess it's not checked by default as that will add to the allowed messages. I guess you can test it with a couple of messges and then uncheck it again.
just confirming it. Yes that is correct. I just sent you a Test message to see if it works
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:08 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
I know there's a few gyro testers here. Has anyone here tried the ALZRC gyro? $39 Free Shipping!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GYT001-GY...item1c2c149277

Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:59 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
efx: how's the sim going?
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:14 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
Pretty good. I have actually done some inverted flying on it, but won't try any on the real one yet. I went out to test the 250 with the flymentor, but just had a problem. I think it's way too heavy so I took out the big receiver and put back the 6 channel since I'm not using the other wires. I also took off the sensor since I don't think I'll be using anything other than the balancer if I can get it going. I also took off the nice tail servo, it's just too heavy and put back one of the orange plastic ones. Tonight. I think my links are still too tight which is why it's still going to one side.

I also took my flybarless to test after losening the belt a bit since I had that weird shake before. Unfortunately something weird happened. I was just shaking pretty bad and while I try to hover it decided to lean left right into the ground without any imput. The weird thing is the only things broken are the main gear, one servo, bent link and broken jesus bolt, that's it. I can't figure out what the heck went wrong with it as I took the video of me flying it last time. Just weird. I used the only long screw that hk had for the jesus bolt, and I know I didn't over tighten it. I snug it with thread lock but something just went out. I'll post the video later as I did get it on there, but it's a bit long. It didn't want to upload so I may have to check that later.

Quote:
efx: how's the sim going?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:33 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Pretty good. I have actually done some inverted flying on it, but won't try any on the real one yet.

I'll post the video later as I did get it on there, but it's a bit long. It didn't want to upload so I may have to check that later.
Good to hear you got your simulator working! I haven't been simming for quite a long time. Today since you mentioned that you receive your simulator, i thought i'd give mine a try. I noticed i have become very rusty since abandoning the sim for quite a long time. Here's mine:

First Sim Practice For the Year (0 min 0 sec)

Feel free to join us here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1609994
Last edited by pitchp; Jan 05, 2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:23 AM
Gaui X3, Blade 150X
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
2,953 Posts
Anyone used this one?
\
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...FYKPPAodPTYASQ
BladeScraper is offline Find More Posts by BladeScraper
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: new radio!
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:41 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpilot786457 View Post
yeh i've used it on the 250, several of them and they all failed. Do yourself a favour go to the assan ga250 thread here in RCG and just read all the negative feedback from it. A lot of people have crashed their helis with it. If you later plan to do any 3D flying stay away from the assan ga250.

For 3D flying here are your choices. The lower it goes, the cheaper it is, and it's performance would also be cheap
1. Spartan Quark
2. Align GP 750
3. Hobbymate HB790
4. Hobbywing mems G3 gyro
Last edited by pitchp; Jan 05, 2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:04 AM
Joined May 2011
417 Posts
Hey Guys

I'm going to give my 250s a break. I ordered a micro cp helicopter to learn inverted flight, but I wanted to do some practicing before I got it. I finally got my cheap E-sky sim to go into idle-up just a few days ago, and man it's a new ballgame! It's like trying to learn how to fly all over again, the sticks are all backwards. I think I'm going to have to develop two brains; one for normal flight and another for inverted.(that's going to be pretty hard for an old guy) Anyway it should be in the mail today and I hope it's crash resistant because I think I'll be crashing a lot.
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:14 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
mugen1: don't be put off by the sim. I'm an old man too! Just a bit of practice everyday helps. Keep simmin my friend
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:27 PM
Joined May 2011
417 Posts
Quote:
mugen1: don't be put off by the sim. I'm an old man too! Just a bit of practice everyday helps. Keep simmin my friend
Yah I'm hanging in there, and I think I'm getting better, slowly. but surely. I got my micro cp heli today, it flies pretty cool, but I won't do any inverting until I get it down pat on the sim first. Until then it's sim, sim, sim.
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:31 PM
Joined Aug 2011
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpilot786457 View Post
I had quit using this long ago, not recommend for 3D unless just for normal circuit flying. Its software not up to 3D performance unless u change the software in it.
Tovin is online now Find More Posts by Tovin
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:31 PM
Gaui X3, Blade 150X
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
2,953 Posts
Ok, thanks
BladeScraper is offline Find More Posts by BladeScraper
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: new radio!
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:47 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
New 450 flybarless head...I think ebay has them for much less though. Like 15 bucks less.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Assembly.html

Okay maybe not DFC but hey as long as it works right...lol
http://www.ebay.com/itm/450-pro-rc-h...item3a7d4efdf2
RCG Plus Member