Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:32 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Santa's multicopter
Its really your fault or thats what i told my wife . You got the ladybird walkera quad , well i couldn't resist .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:35 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,781 Posts
Touché lol!
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:45 PM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
pitchp: I recall you recommended some tough servo for 250 that withstand crashes, do you still remember what that was? Was it KDS or MKS?
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:22 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thloh85 View Post
pitchp: I recall you recommended some tough servo for 250 that withstand crashes, do you still remember what that was? Was it KDS or MKS?
thloh: My friend that was a long time ago. I can't even remember. But it's definately not the MKS stay away from that. The Turnigy 306G HV, are getting good reviews.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...05sec_21g.html

trex 250 servos (2 min 9 sec)
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:27 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
thloh: My friend that was a long time ago. I can't even remember. But it's definately not the MKS stay away from that. The Turnigy 306G HV, are getting good reviews. ...
Now you got me worried. Why not MKS ones? Why clones instead? (as always I am missing something )
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:44 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
Now you got me worried. Why not MKS ones? Why clones instead? (as always I am missing something )
they are not clones, specs are different. MKS 95i is known already in most forums that they break in a crash. Replacement gears are reported to be around the $12 mark. If you got the cash clicky, by all means buy an MKS 95i, and when you crash please truthfully tell us the story.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:55 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,203 Posts
Does anyone know how to get your messages that have been sent? I can't see what I've sent and I want to make sure I sent out the right info. I'm sure I did, but just don't see any sent messages. I'm just wondering if it's just my account. Thanks.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:15 AM
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
they are not clones, specs are different. MKS 95i is known already in most forums that they break in a crash. Replacement gears are reported to be around the $12 mark. If you got the cash clicky, by all means buy an MKS 95i, and when you crash please truthfully tell us the story.
I see. I'm in a dilemma now. I have 2 choices:
1. Trex250 DFC combo with all the 415M, 425M, ESC and motor
OR
2. Clone HK250, with DFC head, but with best in class servos.

I do already have a Trex250 with DFC head but not TT tail, so I don't know which to get AND they costs about the same, so I just don't know which to get (or just save up the $$$ and upgrade my PC instead )
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:33 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Does anyone know how to get your messages that have been sent? I can't see what I've sent and I want to make sure I sent out the right info. I'm sure I did, but just don't see any sent messages. I'm just wondering if it's just my account. Thanks.
Select Sent Messages
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:34 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
I see. I'm in a dilemma now. I have 2 choices:
1. Trex250 DFC combo with all the 415M, 425M, ESC and motor
OR
2. Clone HK250, with DFC head, but with best in class servos.

I do already have a Trex250 with DFC head but not TT tail, so I don't know which to get AND they costs about the same, so I just don't know which to get (or just save up the $$$ and upgrade my PC instead )
Upgrade the PC first!
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:41 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
I don't have ds95i servos but only ds95 (450 class version) and never heard problems with breaking gears. Don't know about ds95i ones. Also, I though problem was with ds95 clones having main shafts made of cheese which were breaking at first harder touch. BTW I did crashed ds95 ones a few times without much problems (one dislodged pot I fixed easily)...

I don't know anything about Turnigy 306G HV except they look like clones and hence the reason for asking...

And not everything is in cash but finding optimal solution. No need to be offensive that was just a simple question...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:44 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,203 Posts
Yes, I do that but nothing shows on mine account. Weird. Maybe because I'm still using the classic style, who knows.

Quote:
Select Sent Messages
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:43 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
guys anyone here know what ever happen to Helismackdown? They seem to have stopped their events. I really liked it.

THE TRAILER: 2010 Heli Smackdown "On The Beach!" (8 min 32 sec)
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:46 AM
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Upgrade the PC first!
That's what I was thinking too, since I already have the 250 and 2nd one will just have the same performance as the one I have!!!
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:19 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
That's what I was thinking too, since I already have the 250 and 2nd one will just have the same performance as the one I have!!!
yeah get a good PC. then consider better electronics for your new 250. Just remember with the align esc your going to need an external BEC.
Do your research.
Hitec HS-5065MG vs Align DS415 (1 min 59 sec)