New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:32 PM
jombo is offline
Find More Posts by jombo
AMA# 548800
jombo's Avatar
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Santa's multicopter
Its really your fault or thats what i told my wife . You got the ladybird walkera quad , well i couldn't resist .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:35 PM
mhills51 is online now
Find More Posts by mhills51
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
14,376 Posts
Touché lol!
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:45 PM
thloh85 is offline
Find More Posts by thloh85
Registered User
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
pitchp: I recall you recommended some tough servo for 250 that withstand crashes, do you still remember what that was? Was it KDS or MKS?
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:22 AM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thloh85 View Post
pitchp: I recall you recommended some tough servo for 250 that withstand crashes, do you still remember what that was? Was it KDS or MKS?
thloh: My friend that was a long time ago. I can't even remember. But it's definately not the MKS stay away from that. The Turnigy 306G HV, are getting good reviews.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...05sec_21g.html

trex 250 servos (2 min 9 sec)
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:27 AM
clicky is offline
Find More Posts by clicky
Registered User
UK
Joined May 2007
3,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
thloh: My friend that was a long time ago. I can't even remember. But it's definately not the MKS stay away from that. The Turnigy 306G HV, are getting good reviews. ...
Now you got me worried. Why not MKS ones? Why clones instead? (as always I am missing something )
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:44 PM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
Now you got me worried. Why not MKS ones? Why clones instead? (as always I am missing something )
they are not clones, specs are different. MKS 95i is known already in most forums that they break in a crash. Replacement gears are reported to be around the $12 mark. If you got the cash clicky, by all means buy an MKS 95i, and when you crash please truthfully tell us the story.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:55 AM
efx is offline
efx
Find More Posts by efx
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
efx's Avatar
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Does anyone know how to get your messages that have been sent? I can't see what I've sent and I want to make sure I sent out the right info. I'm sure I did, but just don't see any sent messages. I'm just wondering if it's just my account. Thanks.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:15 AM
thloh85 is offline
Find More Posts by thloh85
Registered User
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
they are not clones, specs are different. MKS 95i is known already in most forums that they break in a crash. Replacement gears are reported to be around the $12 mark. If you got the cash clicky, by all means buy an MKS 95i, and when you crash please truthfully tell us the story.
I see. I'm in a dilemma now. I have 2 choices:
1. Trex250 DFC combo with all the 415M, 425M, ESC and motor
OR
2. Clone HK250, with DFC head, but with best in class servos.

I do already have a Trex250 with DFC head but not TT tail, so I don't know which to get AND they costs about the same, so I just don't know which to get (or just save up the $$$ and upgrade my PC instead )
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:33 AM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Does anyone know how to get your messages that have been sent? I can't see what I've sent and I want to make sure I sent out the right info. I'm sure I did, but just don't see any sent messages. I'm just wondering if it's just my account. Thanks.
Select Sent Messages
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:34 AM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thloh85 View Post
I see. I'm in a dilemma now. I have 2 choices:
1. Trex250 DFC combo with all the 415M, 425M, ESC and motor
OR
2. Clone HK250, with DFC head, but with best in class servos.

I do already have a Trex250 with DFC head but not TT tail, so I don't know which to get AND they costs about the same, so I just don't know which to get (or just save up the $$$ and upgrade my PC instead )
Upgrade the PC first!
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:41 AM
clicky is offline
Find More Posts by clicky
Registered User
UK
Joined May 2007
3,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
they are not clones, specs are different. MKS 95i is known already in most forums that they break in a crash. Replacement gears are reported to be around the $12 mark. If you got the cash clicky, by all means buy an MKS 95i, and when you crash please truthfully tell us the story.
I don't have ds95i servos but only ds95 (450 class version) and never heard problems with breaking gears. Don't know about ds95i ones. Also, I though problem was with ds95 clones having main shafts made of cheese which were breaking at first harder touch. BTW I did crashed ds95 ones a few times without much problems (one dislodged pot I fixed easily)...

I don't know anything about Turnigy 306G HV except they look like clones and hence the reason for asking...

And not everything is in cash but finding optimal solution. No need to be offensive that was just a simple question...
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:44 AM
efx is offline
efx
Find More Posts by efx
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
efx's Avatar
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Yes, I do that but nothing shows on mine account. Weird. Maybe because I'm still using the classic style, who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Select Sent Messages
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:43 AM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
guys anyone here know what ever happen to Helismackdown? They seem to have stopped their events. I really liked it.

THE TRAILER: 2010 Heli Smackdown "On The Beach!" (8 min 32 sec)
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:46 AM
thloh85 is offline
Find More Posts by thloh85
Registered User
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Upgrade the PC first!
That's what I was thinking too, since I already have the 250 and 2nd one will just have the same performance as the one I have!!!
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:19 AM
pitchp is offline
Find More Posts by pitchp
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thloh85 View Post
That's what I was thinking too, since I already have the 250 and 2nd one will just have the same performance as the one I have!!!
yeah get a good PC. then consider better electronics for your new 250. Just remember with the align esc your going to need an external BEC.
Do your research.
Hitec HS-5065MG vs Align DS415 (1 min 59 sec)
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Nitroplanes Lander 70mm F9F Panther EDF Build Log and Review The Don Foamy EDFs 38 Jun 03, 2014 10:09 PM
Discussion Official HeliMax AXE CP Thread with pics post em here!!?.. darklyte24 Micro Helis 10603 Mar 27, 2014 06:49 PM
GWS Spitfire Build thread (with glassing tutorial) David Winter GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 156 Sep 14, 2009 05:42 AM
Discussion Build log or review for BulleT? raycsr Electric Sailplanes 3 Jan 30, 2009 01:03 PM
looking for build thread with upclose photos HIGHFLYER99 Foamies (Kits) 13 May 21, 2005 08:54 PM