HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:03 PM
St-Hilaire,Québec,Canada
Joined Sep 2001
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettw View Post
So my question to everyone is what is the most used and functional tail setup on this beast? i.e HKGT250 tail, Align 250 tai or the micro heli tail.

Cheers
Bret
For my part, the overpriced (IMHO) Micro heli tail ... works wonder, but cost more than the price of the heli
frebou is offline Find More Posts by frebou
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:31 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frebou View Post
For my part, the overpriced (IMHO) Micro heli tail ... works wonder, but cost more than the price of the heli
I hate micro heli tails- alu is like soft clay, and most of their parts are not compatible with other tails- and over priced

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old Mar 28, 2010, 08:31 PM
Joined Sep 2007
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microkites View Post
I hate micro heli tails- alu is like soft clay, and most of their parts are not compatible with other tails- and over priced

mk
So what would/are you using?

Cheers
Brett
Brettw is offline Find More Posts by Brettw
Old Mar 28, 2010, 08:51 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:

Cheers
Brett
like I said- I havent maidened it yet

I have used a few of their tails on my gaui's and they were horrible- the alu wears in a flight or two, the screws strip easy and they seem naturally sloppy to me

my nicest tail setup was the gaui v2 tail- very nice and almost slop free

my 250gt tail is almost as nice- but again it depends on wear- and the pitch slider ball is a touch loose

I cant say squat till I fly it a while, but it is about the 6-7th cp I have set up and is looking good so far

mk
Old Mar 28, 2010, 08:58 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
question-

blade grip bolts-

on the hk250gt kit the main blade bolts that secure blades to grips just screw into bottom of blade grips

I am used to using bolts that go thru and have nylock nuts on the end

since I dont have any that fit at this time, do any of you run the main bolts as is- as the kit comes??

and do you have them backing out in flight??

loc-titing blade grip bolts seems unusual to me- curious as to what others do

mk
Old Mar 28, 2010, 09:07 PM
Gone Flying.
Western NY
Joined Nov 2006
2,401 Posts
Microkites - they should be loctited. When you get the bolt through the blade and threaded into the other side of the grip, apply a small drop of loctite, then tighten the screw using the proper amount of torque until the blade tension is correct, wipe up any excess loctite. If you're using plastic blades, know that loctite can eat through and weaken plastic, so be very careful with loctite regardless.

The other option is to buy longer bolts of the same diameter, and use nylon lock nuts to secure the bolt within the blade grips, just like a 450 or any other larger heli model.
ChrisWNY is offline Find More Posts by ChrisWNY
Old Mar 28, 2010, 09:09 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWNY View Post
Microkites - they should be loctited. When you get the bolt through the blade and threaded into the other side of the grip, apply a small drop of loctite, then tighten the screw using the proper amount of torque until the blade tension is correct. If you're using plastic blades, know that loctite can eat through and weaken plastic, so be very careful with loctite regardless.
thanks- I think I can get the nut and bolt at local hardware store- just wanted to try it mostly stock first

mk
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:00 PM
Barcelos - Portugal
Joined Apr 2003
31 Posts
Pinion

Hi,

I already built the hk 250 gt heli, but I have a problem. I want to use a 2900kv motor with a 2.3mm shaft. If I'm not mistaken I need a 17T pinion. Where can I get one? Any 17T 2.3mm pinion will do, or the teeth pitch maybe different from pinion ro pinon?

Thanks,

JFonseca
J Fonseca is offline Find More Posts by J Fonseca
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:56 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Fonseca View Post
Hi,

I already built the hk 250 gt heli, but I have a problem. I want to use a 2900kv motor with a 2.3mm shaft. If I'm not mistaken I need a 17T pinion. Where can I get one? Any 17T 2.3mm pinion will do, or the teeth pitch maybe different from pinion ro pinon?

Thanks,

JFonseca
http://www.venom-group.com/storeitem...txtkey=pinions
here is the ones I bought-

9t to 20t .4 mod and 2.3mm

cheap too

mk
Old Mar 29, 2010, 03:20 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:

Cheers
Brett
Complete HK tail with align arm and slider, + double (HK) bearings on align or HK blade holders.

The latest (before stupid disaster) was HK tail, with micro heli arm and slider, align blade holders with double (HK) bearings. Very smooth and virtually without slop!
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:34 PM
Barcelos - Portugal
Joined Apr 2003
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microkites View Post
http://www.venom-group.com/storeitem...txtkey=pinions
here is the ones I bought-

9t to 20t .4 mod and 2.3mm

cheap too

mk
Thank you!
J Fonseca is offline Find More Posts by J Fonseca
Old Mar 29, 2010, 03:11 PM
Sunny Sheff, UK
Joined Jul 2008
148 Posts
I've spent the past two hours trying to fit my Turnigy 4200kv and come to the conclusion that it does not fit. The larger screws (3mm?) are too big for the mount and even then the motor is too wide for the mounting points. Same story if I try and mount using the smaller holes. The smaller screws do fit the motor mount but again the motor is too wide. I don't hear of anyone else having issues. The 4200 has the same dimensions as the 3800
chipbutty is offline Find More Posts by chipbutty
Old Mar 29, 2010, 03:25 PM
Gone Flying.
Western NY
Joined Nov 2006
2,401 Posts
chip - this is not uncommon, you'll need to dremel out and widen the motor mount slots in order to make your motor fit. As long as your motor fits within the confines of the small 250GT frame it should be fine.
ChrisWNY is offline Find More Posts by ChrisWNY
Old Mar 29, 2010, 03:32 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
I am actually thinking of putting mine up for sale before I maiden it
she is all setup and waiting for her maiden
probably sell it bnf

still not working, so might try and recoup as much of my investment as possible

and they do take some money to set up

I worked out how much it cost me to build- not including all the shipping from hk- was aprox $300

and that is using inexpensive equipment!

so if anyone wants a bnf,everything new, with lots of spares- lmk-sure would get it alot quicker than from hk!

this heli built really nice!

mk
Old Mar 29, 2010, 03:54 PM
Sunny Sheff, UK
Joined Jul 2008
148 Posts
Thanks Chris. My rotary tool is on the blink so I'll have to think of someway of widening those slots.

Just checked the so called 2.3mm pinion and it measures 2.1mm. My Turnigy shaft measures 2.35mm. I can see this is going to be a frustrating build!

Calm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWNY View Post
chip - this is not uncommon, you'll need to dremel out and widen the motor mount slots in order to make your motor fit. As long as your motor fits within the confines of the small 250GT frame it should be fine.
chipbutty is offline Find More Posts by chipbutty