SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:51 AM
UH60 Pilot
United States, KY, Fort Campbell
Joined Jan 2010
273 Posts
Get a cheap simulator remote and free software. It works great for learning.
E1Allen is offline Find More Posts by E1Allen
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:00 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
BT here's the info and my settings. There are a few things that are not clear to me.
1. I have been trying to figure out where to reverse the gyro. Are you saying that the reverse for it is the "direction" on the first page? If so, I have it correct so far but the default is counter clockwise. If not, please tell me where this is exactly. Now I'm wondering about this part maybe I should leave try it at the counterclockwise direction, if it's for the gyro and not the blades which is what I thought it was for. You got me thinking about this one now...the heli type is heli 1 which has no mixing on the 9x.
2. I have checked and flipped the tail both ways and I get the same thing. Will try again...
3. How do I set that balancer to the mix on the 9x. I have seen that there are two or three modes. I can't figure out how to set it to any switch on the 9x. I have only been able to use the gyro switch as that's the only thing that worked in my case.
Okay, I think those are the parts I haven't been clear about while setting this up. I'll have to sit down and think about this before trying to mess with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
It appears in the video that the tail gyro is reversed. When you set this up, you need to make sure the direction is set in the flymentor first. Then make sure your tail servo reacts correctly when you move the tail. Then make sure the stick also move the servo correctly. It it's incorrect, as you touch the stick for rudder control, the gyro tries to compensate, only on the wrong direction making the situation worse by going into uncontrlable spin.
You need the flymentor balance control set to your mix switch. I use 3 settings, one for off, one for balance mode, and one for positioning.
The tail gyro is on the gear switch, with settings for rate or heading hold mode.
Yes, you can use a different tail gyro and still maintain the flymentor balance and positioning system. Ivor Hill's thread on helifreak has lots of info on that.
The flymentor tail gyro is probably a better choice to get it setup though, as it is probably better than the 401 gyro anyway.
One thing you have to remember is the binding must be done with the Heli in a level position. You need to power it up and don't touch it with the Heli level and not moving until the system has initialized. One of the bad features on this system.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Dec 20, 2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:04 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Pitchp, I think I have looked at most flymentor setup videos trying to figure this thing out.

Jombo, no I don't have a simulator. I may get one one of these days.

I just put the programmer on the heli and found my rotor direction back to left, I know I keep changing this to right.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Dec 20, 2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:58 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Pitchp, I think I have looked at most flymentor setup videos trying to figure this thing out.

I just put the programmer on the heli and found my rotor direction back to left, I know I keep changing this to right.
also check which way your tail rotor is spinning
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:04 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I just came back from doing some errands and stopped by the park. It was late but I wanted to get some thumbs on my flybarless 450. Needless to say I did my first nose in...by accident since it got a bit dark. As it was coming towards me I realized it was facing me and heading for a slam into the ground. I was practicing side to side like last time. Fortunately I didn't panic, heck no time to even think about it. I was able to turn it around and save the darn thing. The funny thing is now I just look where my nose is pointing and try to take it easy on the sticks. I was cold and I think this is why I wasn't even thinking about what I was doing, just did it. The flybarless is definitely a bit more sensitive than the flybar heli but it was kind of fun. I know I will crash again at some point, but I'll just keep practicing. The tail is still not as smooth as I would like it, but so far it still works.

I will sleep on the 250 for a bit, then try again.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:05 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,143 Posts
Quote:

, well then were going to have to give you one .
I have basic great planes sim i dont use any more . The controller fell apart so i installed it in one of my spare HK6 channel controllers , but still works .
think of it as a late Christmas present . Send me a pm of your address
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:13 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I just pm'd you. Thank you, I will put that to good use. I feel like life is giving me a second chance again, so I think of every day I wake up as Christmas.

I have basic great planes sim i dont use any more . The controller fell apart so i installed it in one of my spare HK6 channel controllers , but still works .
think of it as a late Christmas present . Send me a pm of your address[/QUOTE]
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:25 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
I just pm'd you. Thank you, I will put that to good use. I feel like life is giving me a second chance again, so I think of every day I wake up as Christmas.

think of it as a late Christmas present . Send me a pm of your address
[/QUOTE]

Efx you are so lucky to have wonderful friends here at the Rcg forums. Jombo is a good man. All the guys here are just awesome
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:29 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I agree. You guys awesome. Thanks for all the help, suggestions and or advice and spare parts. I wouldn't be flying without you guys.

Efx you are so lucky to have wonderful friends here at the Rcg forums. Jombo is a good man. All the guys here are just awesome[/QUOTE]
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:34 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,143 Posts
I'll ship it out to you tomorrow . i dont think you will get it for a while though because of the holiday's .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Last edited by jombo; May 29, 2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:36 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Not a problem. Much appreciated whenever it gets here. I sent you another reply in the pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
I'll ship it out to you tomorrow . i dont think you will get it for a while though because of the holiday's .
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Dec 20, 2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:50 PM
HeliBent
United States, MD, Port Deposit
Joined Dec 2011
12 Posts
Good people are hard to come by these days. Giving is definately better than receiving. Merry Christmas! Thanks to all the folks that actually help people...that's one thing that makes this a great hobby!
suzukirobguy is offline Find More Posts by suzukirobguy
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:02 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukirobguy View Post
Good people are hard to come by these days. Giving is definately better than receiving. Merry Christmas! Thanks to all the folks that actually help people...that's one thing that makes this a great hobby!
Indeed. Merry Christmas to everyone!
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:07 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Merry Christmas to you as well. Here's a video to entertain you guys for a few minutes...that last one at the end is hard to watch though.
RC HELI CRASHES!! (6 min 15 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:06 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,912 Posts
Merry Christmas everyone (should have been my 250 in front of the tree ):

beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying