SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:09 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Guys have you seen this? Anyone here have one of these?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_Mode_1_.html

looks cool
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:19 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,025 Posts
I have the HK 6 channel one thats programmable through the computer . I like it for my foamy planes . You cant beat the rx price too , i picked up over a dozen of those LOL. Now i have some plane building to do
jombo is online now Find More Posts by jombo
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:25 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
I have the HK 6 channel one thats programmable through the computer . I like it for my foamy planes . You cant beat the rx price too , i picked up over a dozen of those LOL. Now i have some plane building to do
when are you opening up your hobbyshop jombo?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:15 PM
edf flyer
United States, CA, Marina
Joined Feb 2009
1,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
manny I can't speak for the rest but jombo and I have had nothing but issues with that assan ga250. Do yourself a favour and buy yourself a spartan quark, if that's a bit out of your budget just read below this thread you can pick up either a tarot or a skyartec gyro for a mere $20.
thanks i ordered the skyartec gyro with a servo combo from anainhobbies
Mannyman535 is offline Find More Posts by Mannyman535
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:25 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyman535 View Post
thanks i ordered the skyartec gyro with a servo combo from anainhobbies
Good choice. I don't mean to bag the assan ga250. but I had the worst tail bounce on it. And of course I put it to the ultimate test which was a tail slide and and it failed savagedly. I sacrificed a 250 heli for it. So everyone would know the true quality of that gyro.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:36 AM
edf flyer
Joined Feb 2009
1,144 Posts
Quote:
Good choice. I don't mean to bag the assan ga250. but I had the worst tail bounce on it. And of course I put it to the ultimate test which was a tail slide and and it failed savagedly. I sacrificed a 250 heli for it. So everyone would know the true quality of that gyro.
Question. Do u have to mount the gyro upright. The manual stats it has to
Be erected.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:07 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,153 Posts
Yes that radio binds with spek dsm-2 and maybe dsmx. Might get one just so I can fly a 130 lol! and my sons helis.

Just remembered is will bind with any BNF dsmx. I guess they made them all backward compatible.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:18 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyman535 View Post
Question. Do u have to mount the gyro upright. The manual stats it has to
Be erected.
Yes. Mount it like so.

Skyartec 600 V2.mpeg (4 min 16 sec)
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:24 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Yes that radio binds with spek dsm-2 and maybe dsmx. Might get one just so I can fly a 130 lol! and my sons helis.

Just remembered is will bind with any BNF dsmx. I guess they made them all backward compatible.
let us know how you go with it. I'd love to hear your review about that radio
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:42 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,153 Posts
Quote:
let us know how you go with it. I'd love to hear your review about that radio
Get out of my head! lol! but I have to wait until after Christmas
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:17 PM
Joined May 2011
424 Posts
Quote:
Hey PitchP
I'm going to take your advise, I do not do any 3d-ing, but I still need a solid and reliable gyro. I really liked the Assan ga250, it served my need, but I think what Jombo says is true; it degrades in a short amount of time because mine at one time worked for me great. I'm ordering the HB790 hopefully they are more dependable.
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:02 PM
edf flyer
Joined Feb 2009
1,144 Posts
Quote:
Thanks. Will do
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:32 PM
Joined May 2011
424 Posts
Hey guys
For some strange reason I'm having a string of gyro failures, and I don't even 3D!
Two of my GA250s have developed problems and just today one of my trusted Tarot GY550 has gone south. How long are these gyros supposed to last? These gyros are no more than a year old, and they all worked great at one time.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:03 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen 1 View Post
Hey guys
For some strange reason I'm having a string of gyro failures, and I don't even 3D!
Two of my GA250s have developed problems and just today one of my trusted Tarot GY550 has gone south. How long are these gyros supposed to last? These gyros are no more than a year old, and they all worked great at one time.
mugen1, check your heli for binding. the 250 is notorious in developing binding. Also check your tail servo make sure that too is ok. check for slop!
Hitec HS-5065MG vs Align DS415 (1 min 59 sec)

Also check your esc to make sure the power train stays true. If you're not sure how to do any of these just ask back in here. good luck
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:58 PM
Joined May 2011
424 Posts
Thanks PitchP
I just changed the servo back to an analog HXT500 servo from a digital one.It flew through a battery pack with no problem, but on the second battery pack I lost the tail and went into a spin, which resulted in a lite crash. On second thought it could be my esc, like you said. The esc has been acting somewhat funny lately, meaning that it seems to run batteries down quickly; it's a Turnigy Plush 25A. I do not know how to check these things, so it could possibly be the problem. One more thing, how long do you let your heli cool before running another battery pack? I'm running my packs 4 minutes and letting the heli cool for about 8 minutes before running another pack.