HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:40 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I finally got some more of my HK goodies today. The little white metal gears servos though, not too impressed with those. The metal gears look like they wobble which sucks. They also seem slower than my orange and they're supposed to be the same. I also crashed my 250, again. Was playing around with the 3 switch button to keep it on, but took of my eyes from the bird to look at the switch, while it was on the ground already and bam, it tipped over and blew itself apart, or the blades and flybar that is. Not cool.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:02 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
I finally got some more of my HK goodies today. The little white metal gears servos though, not too impressed with those. The metal gears look like they wobble which sucks. They also seem slower than my orange and they're supposed to be the same. I also crashed my 250, again. Was playing around with the 3 switch button to keep it on, but took of my eyes from the bird to look at the switch, while it was on the ground already and bam, it tipped over and blew itself apart, or the blades and flybar that is. Not cool.
Sorry to hear about your crash. I hope you get it in the air soon
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:58 PM
Perth, Australia
Joined Nov 2010
122 Posts
So the little white servos, would it be possible to transplant the metal gears onto the orange servos????
RandomBob is offline Find More Posts by RandomBob
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:43 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Well I think I ran out of some of the 250 parts so that may be a while. Always my fault for trying something new...LOL. Still not used to all the switches so I still need to look at them to figure out where they are. It was pretty cool with the switch on though. First and second setting have the same curves as the switch goes from the top to the second setting if I just look at it on my v1 tx. It came like that and I have been too lazy to look into another as it still works as long as I keep it like that.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:45 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I haven't taken it apart and I think that would be the case. The problem is that the gear themselves look wobbly. I also got my new camera so I'll have to see if I can get a good video of that. They still work, but just looked kind of funny when I tested them on the servo tester. It could just be the top of the servo and how it was machined. They just seem slow too even at the max setting on the tester. But again I'll have to do a better comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBob View Post
So the little white servos, would it be possible to transplant the metal gears onto the orange servos????
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:11 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Here are the servos. I guess my battery tester was low and that's why they seemed slow. But you can still see the gears are a bit weird.
HK White 15178B Servo test 1 (0 min 26 sec)

HK White 15178B Servo test 2 (0 min 28 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:11 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I decided to use the new servos on one of the helis. They do seem a bit funky, but since I got my flymentor and spent the day installing it, I figured I may as well test them. Unfortunately the flymentor instructions suck like there's no tomorrow. What a pain that thing has been. It looks like it will work, once you read a lot and figure things out that is. I think I got it working, but we'll see what happens.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:14 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
The flymentor fits inside the frame?
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:34 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Not mine...hahaha...sorry it's on one of the 450's. I'm taking a break from the 250 since I need to get more parts which I thought I had, but I guess I ran out, but I still haven't ordered anything. By the way, I got the new arms for my tail servos. They seem to work fine, so I'm changing the arms on my tail servos. Ugly colors, but they seem to work so I'll update that thread with two pictures and the link for you guys if you need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
The flymentor fits inside the frame?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:28 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
By the way, I got the new arms for my tail servos..
If you are ever looking for a good gyro and tail servo combo.......

Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:39 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Haha...yeah those servos are nice. I use the HK High Voltage version which have been working just fine. I just finished putting some insulation on the 3 I received yesterday, just to make sure they don't fry themselves. So I'm just changing the arms at the moment on the tails as well.

By the way, have you installed that thing yet? LOL

Quote:

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Dec 03, 2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:50 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:

By the way, have you installed that thing yet? LOL
I haven't had the time, i've been so busy with the christmas holiday cheer. You know how it is.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:08 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Hahaha...I thought you were going to say Fishing for a minute there...I know you wanted that gyro so bad I thought you would be done installing it...Well I can't wait to see the videos from your testing with all that bling you got there. Well happy holidays to you and your family.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:13 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Well happy holidays to you and your family.
like wise efx! Take care these holiday season
Old Dec 03, 2012, 03:44 AM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:

Yeah, those are good. So far I'm having a good luck with DS415+DS425. Whacked the heli down from about 5 feet up because of tail problems, the servo is still good
And yes, do NOT buy those cheapo servo, more is less applies to servo.
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85