HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:58 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
2,997 Posts
HAHAHA! Oh that's a good one. I tried that with a friend this past week, no camera just hang out at the park, of course I brought my heli and she got tired after the second battery. This was a friend, so I can only imagine a date. I think I may need to rethink that one.

At least now I know where that name helifreak came from...that's funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
I've been there with the ladies aswell. They hold the vid cam for awhile then they get sick of it. lol
efx is online now Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3D Printers
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:06 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
At least now I know where that name helifreak came from...that's funny.
There's nothing wrong with being a helifreak, there are thousands of us. Atleast were not causing trouble in society. It's a good thang

The top pilots are also helifreaks. They sim and fly day in and day out
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:11 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
2,997 Posts
Well you do have to have some determination to fly helis, they can get to you at the beginning so you are right. I don't remember anything that was more frustrating to learn, but I wasn't going to give up until I got off the ground. Reminds me of one of my nephews when he did a bad thing once and I caught him, he just got more mad and would not budge. Funniest thing ever.

I want to get them started on the hobby, just because I think once you do it, it makes you focus on what you're doing and if they don't get frustrated they may enjoy it. I just didn't have anyone to teach me this stuff until I got on the forums, so I want to show them to make it easier on others. Even if just to keep them out of trouble it will be a good thing. They're good kids, but now I got something I can make them go outside with. LOL

Alright, my 250's are back up. I got the new shafts in place now I need to see if I can calibrate the charger to get that fixed since it's still making me push the button twice.

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with being a helifreak, there are thousands of us. Atleast were not causing trouble in society. It's a good thang

The top pilots are also helifreaks. They sim and fly day in and day out
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Nov 21, 2012 at 03:25 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:24 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
It's a good hobby! All is welcome! The more, the better
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:27 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
2,997 Posts
Now that I can at least take off and hover I want to teach everyone that wants to learn. It's not something that you see everyday unless you fly, and the look on people's faces is always priceless. You always get a smile from everyone. So I like that, and as long as I don't crash I get an even bigger smile. So I agree, great hobby, but its' still a bit expensive but in time I hope things get even better or I would not be doing it either.
Quote:
It's a good hobby! All is welcome! The more, the better
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:30 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Now that I can at least take off and hover I want to teach everyone that wants to learn. It's not something that you see everyday unless you fly, and the look on people's faces is always priceless. You always get a smile from everyone. So I like that, and as long as I don't crash I get an even bigger smile.
that's the best part of this hobby, it keeps us smiling.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:32 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
On the 250 I usually go with the outside and just use a bunch of wire ties. Too painful to try and squeeze that in there, plus it's easier to change them later if you need to. This is why i like to use velcro on my gyro with a tie. makes it much much easier later. But this is just me. The flybarless is a bit big on here so you will need to get creative with that one. I managed to put that in the top of the shelf when I tested it on the 250 and I like my receiver facing the ground for easy access the plugs. Both mounted with velcro and then two ties to hold them both just to make sure they don't fall off or if you crash they stay in place. I did the same thing on my 450 flybarless and haven't had the problem people say they have with vibration, but you know I'm crazy like that....hahaha

I'm going to shorten all these wires. I don't know why i even bother. But it's inevitable. Unfortunately I've run out of female crimps. I only got the male!

I can't go on ebay that would take till next year for delivery. I gotta hope the LHS has some stock!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:33 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
2,997 Posts
Maybe I'll look into the 450 rtf heli kits. I want to eventually give them something, but I think some of them are getting cheaper and sending everything at once may be better than trying to find the parts. Well I've seen a few, but I'll have to take a look at that later.

Well you must have more patience than I do, I won't even try that. LOL
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:34 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Maybe I'll look into the 450 rtf heli kits. I want to eventually give them something, but I think some of them are getting cheaper and sending everything at once may be better than trying to find the parts. Well I've seen a few, but I'll have to take a look at that later.

nahh teach them how to build!! and teach them the sim!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:39 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
2,997 Posts
Yes that's what I meant, get the kits, but the one's that include everything at first so they don't get frustrated. Not sure I may just get the stuff myself. I just want to be there to walk them through it though. I don't want to just send them this stuff because I know they may not bother once they see all the parts. They just won't have any ideas how to set anything up even if they get them together or maybe they will, but I agree. I want them to learn to build them themselves. I think the youngest one my niece likes putting things together more than the boys. LOL

Well Mr. P. I am going to call it a night. You sir have a good night and I will talk to you later. If it's almost 2am here I'm sure it's earlier over there.

Quote:
nahh teach them how to build!! and teach them the sim!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:42 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Yes that's what I meant, get the kits, but the one's that include everything at first so they don't get frustrated. Not sure I may just get the stuff myself. I just want to be there to walk them through it though. I don't want to just send them this stuff because I know they may not bother once they see all the parts. They just won't have any ideas how to set anything up even if they get them together or maybe they will, but I agree. I want them to learn to build them themselves. I think the youngest one my niece likes putting things together more than the boys. LOL

Well Mr. P. I am going to call it a night. You sir have a good night and I will talk to you later. If it's almost 2am here I'm sure it's earlier over there.
good night efx
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:39 PM
Ottawa, ON
Joined Oct 2010
104 Posts
Wondering if you folks can help me.
last night I was attempting to replace my stock HK 250 GT tail boom holder with this:
http://www.rc711.com/shop/metal-tail...th=166_216_218

and it was obvious that the HK screws are too large to fit inside this ALZRC one.
the ALZRC one does not come with screws

I ordered the ALZRC hardware pack in the hopes that it would have the correct screws (apparently #0x4mm if you look at the equivalent align product)

am I missing something ??
awdiver is offline Find More Posts by awdiver
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:04 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awdiver View Post
Wondering if you folks can help me.
last night I was attempting to replace my stock HK 250 GT tail boom holder with this:
http://www.rc711.com/shop/metal-tail...th=166_216_218

and it was obvious that the HK screws are too large to fit inside this ALZRC one.
the ALZRC one does not come with screws

I ordered the ALZRC hardware pack in the hopes that it would have the correct screws (apparently #0x4mm if you look at the equivalent align product)

am I missing something ??
yep this Hex mounting bolt x 4(2.2x14mm). Contact the seller and notify him of your situation. hopefully they would be helpful
Last edited by pitchp; Nov 21, 2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:24 PM
Ottawa, ON
Joined Oct 2010
104 Posts
Hi, I do have the hex mounting bolts X4. the Hobbyking stock screws are too big for it and do not fit the threads.
awdiver is offline Find More Posts by awdiver
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:37 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awdiver View Post
Hi, I do have the hex mounting bolts X4. the Hobbyking stock screws are too big for it and do not fit the threads.
you may need to go to your LHS and pick up some