HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:58 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,262 Posts
You know it means your getting really old if your starting to talk more about fishing instead of flying...Or is it fly fishing I can never get it right.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:59 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Oh don't say that...old guy with 3D tricks up his sleeve, that's just cool!
yep unfortunately my brother, i get the shaky thumbs nowdays, it's a shame, but that's part of growing old.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:00 AM
Flying high since '85
Corvallis, Oregon
Joined Apr 2001
516 Posts
So I have completely rebuilt the tail on my 250 two times, and it still has a high frequency vibration in the tail. It is certainly not coming from the main rotor, but I have no idea where its origin is. It is bad that you can't have it spooled up for more than 30 seconds before 2-4 screws from the tail rotor area have backed out. I have about had it with this thing at this point! Hopefully I can get it running smooth some time, but I am running out of parts to replace.
rdogg32 is offline Find More Posts by rdogg32
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:00 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
You know it means your getting really old if your starting to talk more about fishing instead of flying...Or is it fly fishing I can never get it right.
yep, i'm getting old. I'm thinking of selling up my heli hobby all together and buy more fishing rods. retirement is just around the corner
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:03 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdogg32 View Post
Hopefully I can get it running smooth some time, but I am running out of parts to replace.
I tell ya a secret what these guys here do. They buy in bulk!!! just have a think about that one. I caught up on their secret, and i barely even scratch the surface

Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:09 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I'm getting the chicken dance on one of mine and just went through the head and change blades, I thought that would fix it, but now I found that the main shaft is bent on mine. I didn't want to change it and I did check it, but it looked fine. The only thing I can think of at the top of my head from what you said, have you checked to make sure the belt doesn't have an extra twist on it? There are only so many parts you can change. Also make sure that your tail boom isn't getting loose either. Some holders tend to look tight but they really aren't. At least on my two set up helis I found this to be a problem so I swapped one half of each heli and now they are both working correctly. As for the tail, just make sure you have a screw in the middle hole and you keep a the two fin screws nice and snug, they tend to get loose. That's pretty much all I have done and are running the stock helis, but they do need fixing or you'll be pulling your hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdogg32 View Post
So I have completely rebuilt the tail on my 250 two times, and it still has a high frequency vibration in the tail. It is certainly not coming from the main rotor, but I have no idea where its origin is. It is bad that you can't have it spooled up for more than 30 seconds before 2-4 screws from the tail rotor area have backed out. I have about had it with this thing at this point! Hopefully I can get it running smooth some time, but I am running out of parts to replace.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:10 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
LOL...no that's just you...hahaha...you know you just like to hoard these things. It's okay you can finally admit it we won't make you feel bad...haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
I tell ya a secret what these guys here do. They buy in bulk!!! just have a think about that one. I caught up on their secret, and i barely even scratch the surface

RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:11 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,262 Posts
Yes it is just him lol!
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:12 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
you guys are value for money.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:14 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
It's a sickness with helis, but a good one...
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:15 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
It's a sickness with helis, but a good one...
sickness! have you seen BF's fleet?

P.S the avatar picture is not big enough show the rest! like i said I'm just scratching the surface here
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:17 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
No I don't think I have...and yes people can get carried away. I'm find with the couple I got, I would love more, but then I think, that's more stuff I need to buy and I have no place to put them, so it keeps me away from getting into that mode. I love them, but there has to be a limit, at least for me until I can get better at flying or just stop altogether.

Quote:
sickness! have you seen BF's fleet?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:19 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
No I don't think I have...
when you see BF ask him to take a recent photo of his fleet, it's that big it doesn't fit the avatar pic any more! And they are quality helis mind you!!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:21 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Just saw them. Well he has one of each size, so that's not too bad. Every heli size is different so you have to learn about each one... You got a squadron of 250's...

Quote:
when you see BF ask him to take a recent photo of his fleet, it's that big it doesn't fit the avatar pic any more! And they are quality helis mind you!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:23 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Just saw them. Well he has one of each size, so that's not too bad. Every heli size is different so you have to learn about each one...
that's not a recent pic. He has more than that! for sure. And they are very expensive setups aswell. It's addictive. It's catchy too!