HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:18 AM
Joined Apr 2011
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurLiew View Post
Hi,
How long can the HK 250GT it last with the Turnigy Nano-Tech 850mAh 25-40C?
I can tell you I have 2 of those batts in my flight box yet to be used, I am however using some bargain basement lipo's that are 800mah 20c, these give me 4.5 mins of sport flying, loops rolls flips etc. And I am about 75% discharge.

I am therefore presuming that I should get either the same or a little more from the Nano techs. If anything I am hoping for a more consistent head speed

If you are just hovering at present, start your timer at 4 mins and see how much you have to put back into the pack for a recharge or put it on a capacity checker and see where you are from there, do not discharge below 80%, and see where that figure gets you in time.
Busher is offline Find More Posts by Busher
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:22 AM
Joined Aug 2011
312 Posts
The nano tech 25~50c will last 5mins at 75% discharge rate.
Depending types of motor & esc will vary the flight times.
More efficient esc will having more flight time.
Tovin is offline Find More Posts by Tovin
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:06 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,189 Posts
What other ways do you guys keep your canopies in place. I just came up with this on the back, so we'll see how well this works. I got tired of these just slipping off. Plus the crashes I've seen due to them coming off just didn't look pretty. The pictures are at the bottom. Don't know why you can't post on older threads.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post23123258
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:23 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Mar 2011
341 Posts
I just wanted to report, that yesterday one more HKSCM9-6 servo gave up.

My HK-450 did strange motions, it was wobbling like its a bad configured FBL system. But its flybared :-).

After landing I saw that one of the HKSCM9-6 got its own life. Sometimes it just started to swing happily. The servo was also a bit warmer than the other.

So that's the 4th with electronic error... On my 250 they are still alive. But when I would build a new heli I would certainly stay away from them. They are quality wise the probably worst in the shop. Ticking timebombs.
HolgiB is offline Find More Posts by HolgiB
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:11 AM
Malaysia
Joined Oct 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
I can tell you I have 2 of those batts in my flight box yet to be used, I am however using some bargain basement lipo's that are 800mah 20c, these give me 4.5 mins of sport flying, loops rolls flips etc. And I am about 75% discharge.

I am therefore presuming that I should get either the same or a little more from the Nano techs. If anything I am hoping for a more consistent head speed

If you are just hovering at present, start your timer at 4 mins and see how much you have to put back into the pack for a recharge or put it on a capacity checker and see where you are from there, do not discharge below 80%, and see where that figure gets you in time.
Thanks for the info!
ArthurLiew is offline Find More Posts by ArthurLiew
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:11 AM
Malaysia
Joined Oct 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovin View Post
The nano tech 25~50c will last 5mins at 75% discharge rate.
Depending types of motor & esc will vary the flight times.
More efficient esc will having more flight time.
Thanks for the info!
ArthurLiew is offline Find More Posts by ArthurLiew
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:47 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
What other ways do you guys keep your canopies in place. I just came up with this on the back, so we'll see how well this works. I got tired of these just slipping off. Plus the crashes I've seen due to them coming off just didn't look pretty. The pictures are at the bottom. Don't know why you can't post on older threads.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post23123258
That's a good idea .
I use Velcro. i just use 2 inch #4 screws , Then add a small pc of ply on the end . then i glue the velcro on to the canopy inside and to the small light ply . Those round dot velcro pieces .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:13 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,189 Posts
I test flew both 450s yesterday and the paperclip works just fine. So you don't have too add all that stuff jombo. Now I just recommend making the holes higher in the middle to make it look nice and that should also work. I just need to find a thicker paper click, mine were pretty thin and although they worked, they bend pretty easily. But this simple clip does a good job, you just have to remember you have that before trying to take off the canopy.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Oct 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:45 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,172 Posts
The right size rubber band over the canopy pins after you put the canopy on stretching from one to the other.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:54 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,189 Posts
My canopy pins are flushed with the canopy so I don't know how you use the rubber band. I guess if you pushed the canopy pass that then that would also work. I like the paperclip it stays on no matter what though so it does feel secure. But whatever works is good too.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Apr 2011
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolgiB View Post

My HK-450 did strange motions, it was wobbling like its a bad configured FBL system. But its flybared :-).

After landing I saw that one of the HKSCM9-6 got its own life. Sometimes it just started to swing happily. The servo was also a bit warmer than the other.

So that's the 4th with electronic error... On my 250 they are still alive. But when I would build a new heli I would certainly stay away from them. They are quality wise the probably worst in the shop. Ticking timebombs.
Thats bad news, I have 4 on a gt250 and they are fine, and I have given them a rough time. And they have got hot once when I strained them by accident but they still work fine.
I have 5 in a foamie plane and they work well in there. So much so I ordered another 10, and have those in stock for future use.
I guess they are not up to the abuse a 450 can give out?

Either way i will stick to putting them in smaller birds form now on. One thing I have noticed, they will not tolerate any binding or stiff linkages, this seems to burn them out rapid. In normal use though they seem fine.

Thanks for the heads up though.
Busher is offline Find More Posts by Busher
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Aug 2011
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolgiB View Post

How long does it last, 20 to 50 flights?
I had just received the HK-15178B Digital MG Servo, it should be he same as HKSCM9-6 servo but with metal gears.
I make a new order with new Hk250 kit, I would not install all HK micro servo on 450.
Even the more expensive Henge servo does not last either, it start having jitter as it fail on the output pot around 70~ 120 flights.
Currently I use HXT900 for all HK250, just that the size is too tight on HK250 frame. It out last the expensive Henge servo.
I will not make changes or upgrade the HK original parts as I did. I will try to lower the built cost for this new kit, and I will carry around this new kit for my travel on oversea trips just for fun flying & won't do much of 3D stuff.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:08 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Mar 2011
341 Posts
Quote:
How long does it last, 20 to 50 flights?
I had just received the HK-15178B Digital MG Servo, it should be he same as HKSCM9-6 servo but with metal gears.
I make a new order with new Hk250 kit, I would not install all HK micro servo on 450.
Even the more expensive Henge servo does not last either, it start having jitter as it fail on the output pot around 70~ 120 flights.
Currently I use HXT900 for all HK250, just that the size is too tight on HK250 frame. It out last the expensive Henge servo.
I will not make changes or upgrade the HK original parts as I did. I will try to lower the built cost for this new kit, and I will carry around this new kit for my travel on oversea trips just for fun flying & won't do much of 3D stuff.
I am still looking for the ideal servo. It seems that on a 250 the HKSCM9-6 are lasting. But due to my experiences on the 450ies I am feeling uneasy with them. What I do is just simple sports flying. No 3D yet. So they didn't get much in the 450 heli. They lasted something like 20 flights... Some failed after the 1st or 2nd flight. Another issue with them are the gears. I had with my other 450 the lightest crash. The head just spinned a litte, was almost at stop, when the blades touched the ground briefly. All three HKSCM9-6 on cyclic had broken gears. That was btw the first time ever for me, to have a broken servo after a crash... The HK-15178B might be more robust, but the metal gears doesn't help with the failing electronics and terrible wiring. In case they are the same.

The HXT900 are the ones I used before I upgraded to the HKSCM9-6. They are a bit unprecise and overshoot. My journey with all my helis started with HXT900 and then after learning more, I thought I need to get better servos. Basically I am now considering the HXT900 again. The speed and torque is ok and they are reliable. My experiments with Corona servos were disappointig. The mountings on the sides are so weak and they alway use these rubbers with a brass insert. Not good on heli... Had one hard landing and on 2 sevos the mounting broke. Same when I used Corona's on the tail. Always the mountings.. Frustrating!

I really wonder why it is not possible to build a servo for $5 which is reliable and comes in a solid casing just like a HXT900. But is more precise (finer stepping) without overshooting.

The Turnigy XGD-11MB looks promising for 250/450 cyclic. But they are on backorder already.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=25456
HolgiB is offline Find More Posts by HolgiB
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:35 AM
Joined Aug 2011
312 Posts
Once I had used up all existing hxt900, I will slowly replace with Inolab servo for all HK 250.
But it seems to be long time to go with for hxt 900 unless I crash it alot on purpose.
Currently I still having extra 6 pcs to go with.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:50 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,202 Posts
Quote:
Once I had used up all existing hxt900, I will slowly replace with Inolab servo for all HK 250.
But it seems to be long time to go with for hxt 900 unless I crash it alot on purpose.
Currently I still having extra 6 pcs to go with.
Just a word of warning. I had InoLabs in my 250 and they were just fine for first 30-40 flights and then they developed quite a slop. I ended up with Savox servos instead.
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky