SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:52 AM
Joined Apr 2011
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurLiew View Post
Hi,
Where do you get the FBL Head from?
Hobby king do one for the HK250gt its a complete unit.
Busher is online now Find More Posts by Busher
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:22 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Well so much for the 20 bucks flybarless...LOl guess this is out of the question now.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ss_System.html
yikes $90!!!! no way thank you. At that price i'd rather get a quark

nice performance for an fbl though

Our friend Zaihan testing the robird

Tarot Pro 450 V2 w Robird G31 (2 min 42 sec)
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Last edited by pitchp; Oct 25, 2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:58 AM
Malaysia
Joined Oct 2011
96 Posts
Hi,
Which servo is better for HK250 GT? HXT900 Servo or HK SCM9-6 Servo?
ArthurLiew is offline Find More Posts by ArthurLiew
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:59 AM
Malaysia
Joined Oct 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
Hobby king do one for the HK250gt its a complete unit.
Thanks for the info.....
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Apr 2011
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurLiew View Post
Hi,
Which servo is better for HK250 GT? HXT900 Servo or HK SCM9-6 Servo?

I would say the HK SCM9-6 its digital and centers really well. But its more a matter of preference. I have used the HK servo in my gt250 and it works well, most of all it fits the frames very well with no filing or adjustment.
Busher is online now Find More Posts by Busher
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:10 AM
Malaysia
Joined Oct 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
I would say the HK SCM9-6 its digital and centers really well. But its more a matter of preference. I have used the HK servo in my gt250 and it works well, most of all it fits the frames very well with no filing or adjustment.
Hi,
Thanks for the info, will pick HK SCM9-6 digital servo for cyclic and rudder...
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:01 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
It may not be 20 bucks, but you can still get yourself the copterx and the programmer for less than what hk has their zxy I think it is.
http://www.hobbyhot.com/Gyro-c-224/
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:25 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
It may not be 20 bucks, but you can still get yourself the copterx and the programmer for less than what hk has their zxy I think it is.
http://www.hobbyhot.com/Gyro-c-224/
That looks like a very well written manual that comes with it. Thanks for the link.
Garry K.
garryk is online now Find More Posts by garryk
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:47 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Not a problem. That looks like the same manual you can download from ehirobo directly.
http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/article_...?articles_id=3

Keep in mind that most of the manual setup is just that, transmitter setup and if you get the programmer, you won't see some of the items in the same order or blinking lights. It throws you off for a bit, but I hear the usb programmer is even easier since you can see everything on the screen. Either way once you figure it out it's fine. I just use the programmer now. there are only so many settings that you can mess around with so it's fine. I ordered another to keep just in case I break mine in a crash or maybe try on a different heli and also the usb programmer to try out. Both were still cheaper than the hk box which looks similar to this one. I already have the programmer so there's no point in spending more than that for me at least. Some people like it, some don't. I made it work so I'm fine with it. Still can't really fly anyway, but it seems to work and were affordable.

There's always something new coming out, so these will keep me going for a while, at least the prices should be even lower by then if I ever want to get a different one. Also don't forget to open it and cut the solder on the back of the board, it's a bit long and could possibly short out. I also added some tape under those just to be on the safe side. Check 450 my blog here to see what I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
That looks like a very well written manual that comes with it. Thanks for the link.
Garry K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:16 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
566 Posts
hello,

I am just finishing up my build and was wondering if someone could suggest a good clean way to mount the velcro battery straps to the tray.

thanks!
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:25 AM
Joined Oct 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltreato View Post
hello,

I am just finishing up my build and was wondering if someone could suggest a good clean way to mount the velcro battery straps to the tray.

thanks!
I have a piece of male velcro glued to the bottom of the tray and my battery strap just stays stuck to that piece on the bottom of the try when a battery is not on the heli.
Micro Buzzer is offline Find More Posts by Micro Buzzer
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:52 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro Buzzer View Post
I have a piece of male velcro glued to the bottom of the tray and my battery strap just stays stuck to that piece on the bottom of the try when a battery is not on the heli.
Excellent idea, I will do that. Thanks!
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:36 PM
Joined Aug 2011
327 Posts
Anyone had try the Tarot 250 torque tube assembly on HK250 or any 250 clones?
I'm tired of the belt drive installed for all my HK250, it requires tuning/adjustment every 50~100 flights depending the way(3D or hard 3D) you fly it.
I feels the 250 belts drive varies in durability & stability changed after some flights.
I wonder if this upgrade will improve the durability and sustain for longer flight times before needs adjustment & tuning.

http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-250-spa...1-p-62397.html
Tovin is online now Find More Posts by Tovin
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:45 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Check your tail boom holders before anything. Those seem to be a crap shoot on how they make them. Some look like you got them tight and they're really not even when the screws feel they are all the way in. Some sanding of the halves may be needed to keep the belt from getting loose as I have found lately. The other heli I have came with one that was cut smaller and once all the screws were in, I still had a gap between the two halves. The quality control on them is just crap so you have to tinker with these a lot. But this is the main problem I'm finding with that. Just my two cents. And yes some of the other guys on here have tried those. I think someone said the gears are so small they don't last too long either. But maybe they can chime in and give you a better answer.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Oct 28, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 04:33 AM
Malaysia
Joined Oct 2011
96 Posts
Hi,
How long can the HK 250GT it last with the Turnigy Nano-Tech 850mAh 25-40C?