HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:59 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
No the sticks worked fine, but the swash was not leveling correctly is my guess. I will let you know when I get a chance to test it again. I have used the video I posted earlier to help me get this going but your instructions were very helpful as well. I just need to get used to the settings because they seem the opposite to me at first. I just have to wrap my brain around this flybarless gyro. The action was just really weird, like that sport in the olympics where the guy spins then throws the ball out. The heli was doing the same thing, it would spin fine, but then all of the sudden just shoot the weight out to one side tipping the helicopter over and killing my servos and other parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo View Post
Thank you for your kind words. So you mean the heli go to left when you move the stick to right?
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Oct 12, 2012 at 03:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:38 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekystar View Post
Hi does any one know the dimensions of the screws used on HK250GT? I'm thinking of replacing them with good quality steel screws, but don't want to order the wrong type.

Also any one know the source for good screws in the UK?
rcscrewz

http://www.rcscrewz.com/product_info...oducts_id/3308

pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:54 PM
United States, CA, Highland
Joined Mar 2009
1,243 Posts
Hi guy's what seems to be the best motor to run in this heli for everyday flying and mild 3D? I plan on using a Castle Phoenix25 for my esc, also what is a good tail servo?
JLink125 is online now Find More Posts by JLink125
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:27 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I just found out something really messed up...I had the heli set up with the flybarless unit sideways as you saw with the cable ties, I then turned the unit lengthwise along the tail boom...and guess what...now my settings got all screws up. When I move the heli forwards and backwards, the side servos move and vice versa, so IT does make a difference on how the gyro is mounted. Man this stinks as I'm having to get this to work again. I got a video coming before anyone says it's not true. Now this doesn't mean it can't be set up this way, but you need to set it up the way you want to use it first. I didn't know this would happen but thought I let you guys know since I'm still fighting it trying to move correctly. What a pain.

Okay, the video is up, if anyone has a fix on the settings for this please let me know. I have tried changing the gyro direction and nothing changes with elevator and aileron. I have reversed the servos and that got them working fine with the sticks, but when you move the heli front to back the aileron and pitch sevo move instead of the elevator servo.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Oct 12, 2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:15 PM
Joined Jul 2012
29 Posts
Hi efx the gyro can be mounted side ways or on the gyro mounting plate. As long as it's either the edges are parallel or perpendicular to the main shaft then it's ok. If you see what I mean...

However, for whatever way you mounted it on, you have to reset the gyro and correction directions. I did this on the computer and it was quite easy. Not sure you how to do it though. But once you get the hang of it then it should be ok. I think it's easier overall than setting up the Flybar..
geekystar is offline Find More Posts by geekystar
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:20 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Good news I found a setting I forgot to change. The mounting location for the top are 1 and 2. I forgot to change it from 2 to 1. I just did this and now it fixed this for me. So if you have been changing the position like I did, you need to remember to change this setting as well. So it still does matter how you install it, you just have to remember to change the setting or it won't work or for those that say it doesn't matter your are also correct, as long as you make sure to make this change as well. Live and learn. At least I'm now more familiar with this flybarless gyro so I guess that's good too. Unfortunately the test flight will have to wait a little longer. I have a doc appointment in an hour...always something keeping me from testing...LOL
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Oct 12, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:25 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink125 View Post
Hi guy's what seems to be the best motor to run in this heli for everyday flying and mild 3D? I plan on using a Castle Phoenix25 for my esc, also what is a good tail servo?
since no one is answering your question this is a good motor for the 250

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8501

as for the servo the KST DS215MG

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/F02282-KS...item3a777d9e01
Now watch everyone start answering your question.

just make sure you get a good gyro, that is the most important part. get the spartan quark!
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:58 PM
United States, CA, Highland
Joined Mar 2009
1,243 Posts
Great! Thanks for the info, I'm really looking forward to flying it. Been playing with my blade nano cpx and having a ball flipping all over my yard but i'm glad to have something a little bigger
JLink125 is online now Find More Posts by JLink125
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:03 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,135 Posts
LOL i use this motor http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_3800kv.html

and this one http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_4200kv.html

and the one pitchp linked too . but the ones over 3800kv you will need to adjust the pitch curve . i have mine at about 65 to 70% or your tail gyro wont like it
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Last edited by jombo; May 29, 2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:24 PM
Joined May 2011
430 Posts
I like this motor from hobbypartz, very smooth.http://www.hobbypartz.com/75m60-heli...08-3500kv.html
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:06 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
The flybarless flies...well almost...LOL. I finally got a chance to go outside and try this. I had the yaw going in the wrong direction, but got that fixed without crashing and I got a small but meaninful lift off.
Testing the X Copter flybarless gyro (4 min 16 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:54 AM
rcflyer
UK
Joined Jun 2010
844 Posts
Hi, I'm looking at getting this help as my first cp,
Please could a gyro (not too expensive) and servos be recommended?
Cheers

Jim
rcjim11 is offline Find More Posts by rcjim11
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:25 AM
Joined Jul 2012
29 Posts
I recommend the tarot zyx and Flybarless kit. potentially saved me a lot replacement part and set up time than the Flybar model.

Definitely get lots of spare featuring shaft and the metal tail linkage thing. And get a strong tail servo. I used a cheap HK digital servo and I don't think it's powerful enough.
geekystar is offline Find More Posts by geekystar
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:01 AM
rcflyer
UK
Joined Jun 2010
844 Posts
Thanks, geekystar!
So are you recommending going fbless as opposed to standard?
rcjim11 is offline Find More Posts by rcjim11
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:28 AM
Joined May 2011
430 Posts
Try the Tarot GY550, only $20.00+shipping, a lot of guys on this 250 forum use it.
The 250 is not the recommend path to learning how to fly a CP helicopter, I started on a 450 because they are a lot more stable than a 250. The good thing about 250's is that it more crash durable than 450's.
good luck
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1