Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:34 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,933 Posts
here is a video of mine . i have my controller inside the frame , you have no choice though on the 250 . i am also using the 3m red HD double sided rubber tape . i got it at home depot in the paint dept .
on to the video
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:02 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,199 Posts
Thanks Jombo...I'm thinking it may just be my unit. Every video seems to move quick, but I got the turtle on the flybarless unit. I've checked all the settings and can't figure out if there's anything that would change the speed. I can't find anything on it. I even held it on my hand and spun the blades to see if they would shift, they seem fine now and I also lowered the throttle. That seems to have help too. Nothing with the swash speed though. I have no idea what else to do about that. I guess I could see if they can exchange it, but you know how that goes.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:33 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
4,933 Posts
efx , i don't remember if you answered this but , is the controller set for analog or digital . sometimes the servos say digital but the controller doesn't see them at that . did you try setting it to analog ?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:36 PM
almost hovering
United States, FL, Homestead
Joined Feb 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Thanks Jombo...I'm thinking it may just be my unit. Every video seems to move quick, but I got the turtle on the flybarless unit. I've checked all the settings and can't figure out if there's anything that would change the speed. I can't find anything on it. I even held it on my hand and spun the blades to see if they would shift, they seem fine now and I also lowered the throttle. That seems to have help too. Nothing with the swash speed though. I have no idea what else to do about that. I guess I could see if they can exchange it, but you know how that goes.
Mine also kinda move slow, but if I tilt hard it will move faster then it start going back slowly.

Some times they like to tilt a little at lift to the left thats normal on smaller size, not sure on the 450.

You can also may want to try having more throttle by changing your curves, do you have a linear thro curve?
r3dskull is offline Find More Posts by r3dskull
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:38 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,199 Posts
On the programmer I only see the servo settings...1520us/70 I think it's the first one, 250Hz, and 333Hz, then 790 but the tail servo is the only digital and it only works on the 250 and 333Hz. The manual has other settings regarding all servos but I the programmer doesn't have that. This is why I said that the programmer and manual are a bit different which I guess also makes things more confusing to set up. Needless to say I did try all the programmer settings but nothing change other than the servo would not work so I had to move back to the 1520 setting.

Skull, yeah they work fine if I move the sticks so this is why I wasn't to concerned about it until I saw more videos showing the swash move faster. I had to lower my curve, now it seems a bit better and more controlled for me. I had it set up to 100 and now max is 70 I think. I want to test it like this and change accordingly so I'll let you guys know how it goes on my next test.

I can't believe I've been working on this all day...helis are bad habits! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
efx , i don't remember if you answered this but , is the controller set for analog or digital . sometimes the servos say digital but the controller doesn't see them at that . did you try setting it to analog ?
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Oct 10, 2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:58 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
4,933 Posts
if you can change the blades to some heavier ones . the CF blades are really light and will make it very responsive .
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:03 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,199 Posts
That's true...but I don't have anything else, I can really feel the difference bringing the throttle curve down though. I'm hoping this will do the trick if it's still not flipping on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
if you can change the blades to some heavier ones . the CF blades are really light and will make it very responsive .
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:42 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,752 Posts
Quote:
Here's the video, let me know if I got this right, or not.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvXIs1Kjzmw
I could be wrong, but it appears to me the the forward and backward corrections are going the wrong way. When you tip the the Heli forward, the swash should tilt back to try and level the Heli. It looked to me like yours was tipping forward even more.
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:08 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,199 Posts
You are correct, that's how I got it moving. Well if I got that wrong then this may be a problem. It's just hard to tell sometimes since it moves so slow. Sorry i'm trying to picture this at the moment. I thought that the level is usually with the main shaft and not necessarily where the heli is if this makes sense. I guess I do have it wrong... good video, I just wished there was a slower one. All I see are people moving it so fast it's hard to see what it's supposed to do. I think this video is close though and I think it makes a bit more sense now. Thanks.

I just checked it again and man this thing is confusing. It looks fine when I move the heli, but the return of the swash is slow to come back to center with the main shaft. I'll have to view the video over and over a few times to get this to sink in my brain. Good point though, I need to look at it more.
CX-3X1000 Initial setting 3軸ジャイロの動き (2 min 6 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I could be wrong, but it appears to me the the forward and backward corrections are going the wrong way. When you tip the the Heli forward, the swash should tilt back to try and level the Heli. It looked to me like yours was tipping forward even more.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Oct 10, 2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:26 PM
almost hovering
United States, FL, Homestead
Joined Feb 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
You are correct, that's how I got it moving. Well if I got that wrong then this may be a problem. It's just hard to tell sometimes since it moves so slow. Sorry i'm trying to picture this at the moment. I thought that the level is usually with the main shaft and not necessarily where the heli is if this makes sense. I guess I do have it wrong... good video, I just wished there was a slower one. All I see are people moving it so fast it's hard to see what it's supposed to do. I think this video is close though and I think it makes a bit more sense now. Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EnDLv3lrqY&feature=fvsr
I was looking at your video and just to let you know that the direction of the cables doesn't matter, each of the three locations can be flip it 180 degres, then you just need to reverse gyro orientation if need it, on my 250 I have it facing down for example, I did had to put negative pitch on the gyro also.
r3dskull is offline Find More Posts by r3dskull
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:49 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,199 Posts
Okay I looked at the videos and the manual and I belive my pitch was wrong so I had to fix that and matched that other video. So I think I'm good. I have everything connected exactly as the manual says. But yeah everything can be reversed. I'm just trying to keep it simple for testing purposes and to hopefully not comfuse anyone else trying to learn this. This will take some getting use to, but once it hits you I think it's fine. Glad you caught that so let's hope it takes off now.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:57 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,041 Posts
efx,

You are asking for trouble using the zip-ties to holdit on like that - these things really don't like vibes and those zip ties will transmit them in.

The angle of the washout arms is not important (so long as they don't bind) all they do is keep the phasing - do them last. However the arms look far too short - they could cause problems.

The AIL correction is wrong - no wonder it was going in sideways, you need to change that - if you look at the ail servo arms you can see which way it is correcting.

You can have the cables coming out either side - you just change the corrections.

And by the way - they do fit inside the 250 frames - tight, but they fit
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:48 AM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
4,933 Posts
Quote:
Okay I looked at the videos and the manual and I belive my pitch was wrong so I had to fix that and matched that other video. So I think I'm good. I have everything connected exactly as the manual says. But yeah everything can be reversed. I'm just trying to keep it simple for testing purposes and to hopefully not comfuse anyone else trying to learn this. This will take some getting use to, but once it hits you I think it's fine. Glad you caught that so let's hope it takes off now.
When you setup the FBL controller did you reset all the tx settings to 100% . It is all set with the controller now not the radio . You shouldn't need to touch the tx settings , just the D/R and Expo on Ailerons Elevator and Tail

edit : including the gyro gain
Last edited by jombo; Oct 11, 2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Baba booie
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:57 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,199 Posts
So to triple check I sent an email to ehirobo and they were very fast in responding to my email and very nice. You skull and Mike you guys are correct, the wires can be facing to any side as long as the orientation on the gyro is set up correctly, or like on the manual as they said. I had to say this because for some reason I had a brain fart this morning and couldn't understand what the heck you guys were referring to when talking about "wire orientation" and that simply meant were you bring the wires out. So it looks like you can stick this inside or the sides. I'll be moving it lengthwise so it's a little better. I guess I'll see what I can use to mount it. The cable ties do look ugly too so you guys convinced me a bit on that anyway. LOL Maybe I'll put it on top of the receiver to keep it nice and clean. Not sure since I need access to the plug and reset button.

Jombo I did reset the tx. Actually I was playing with the 9x and found that when you change from heli 1 to heli 2 mode, the programmer gets stuck so you have to go into the settings with the transmitter and then add the heli program again to make sure you have beginner settings or whatever.

Mike, it wasn't going sideways due to the current settings. I had to reset things again afer changing the heli type so it had default settings, but the link came off the second time around too so it could have been a combination of that and things going in the opposite direction but the sticks were working fine.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Oct 12, 2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:52 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
So to triple check I sent an email to ehirobo and they were very fast in responding to my email and very nice. You skull and Mike you guys are correct, the wires can be facing to any side as long as the orientation on the gyro is set up correctly, or like on the manual as they said. I had to say this because for some reason I had a brain fart this morning and couldn't understand what the heck you guys were referring to when talking about "wire orientation" and that simply meant were you bring the wires out. So it looks like you can stick this inside or the sides. I'll be moving it lenghtwise so it's a little better. I'll guess I'll see what I can use to mount it. The cable ties do look ugly too so you guys convinced me a bit on that anyway. LOL Maybe I'll put it on top of the receiver to keep it nice and clean. Not sure since I need access to the plug and reset button.

Jombo I did reset the tx. Actually I was playing with the 9x and found that when you change from heli 1 to heli 2 mode, the programmer gets stuck so you have to go into the settings with the transmitter and then add the heli program again to make sure you have beginner settings or whatever.

Mike, it wasn't going sideways due to the current settings. I had to reset things again afer changing the heli type so it had default settings, but the link came off the second time around too so it could have been a combination of that and things going in the opposite direction but the sticks were working fine.
Thank you for your kind words. So you mean the heli go to left when you move the stick to right?
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo