HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:59 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
I don't know if anyone has seen this gyro, but after using hk servos that look like the kds servos I started looking at what they have and I noticed this gyro is as small as the assan 250 but with a programmer! As you know I like the small gyro but hate looking at different LED's to try and figure out what setting it's at. Of course you have to have the manual with you every time unless you actually can memorize the settings. That won't happen with all the settings a heli has. In any case I thought this looked interesting and wonder if anyone has used it? Too bad costs an arm an a leg. Okay not an arm and a leg, but not near what the assan is.
http://www.kdsmodel.com/index.php/site/products/id/25
I'd buy a spartan quark instead

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Spartan-Q...item2c65efcecb
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:30 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,201 Posts
Haha...I'm just looking around, but for that much I rather just get the flymetor to use as my sim on one of my helis...oh wait I will be doing this already. I just wished it came with a more updated gyro, but at least it includes it. I added another 250 on my order just in case I don't like it. I think you can use your own gyro with the flymentor, but don't know for sure. I noticed they also have that other system I posted on there too. More expensive though and I don't think it includes a gyro.
HK also has it's own small gyro with a programmer too, but it's about the same price as the flymentor. So I'll test that on my dragonous which I want to fly but won't because the damn parts are not cheap. Hopefully this will help in that department and I'll have a real simulator instead of the computer. Yes I'm crazy like that...LOL

You know every time I hear quark I just remember seen this for the same price as the assan when it came out on the hk site. Yeah it was the 9 dollar gyro too at one point so I guess that mess that up for me. haha

On another note, I think I got my 450 flybarless heli done, just need to set up the radio and see if I can fly that thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:59 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
haha...i'm just looking around, but for that much i rather just get the flymetor to use as my sim on one of my helis...oh wait i will be doing this already. :d i just wished it came with a more updated gyro, but at least it includes it. I added another 250 on my order just in case i don't like it. I think you can use your own gyro with the flymentor, but don't know for sure. I noticed they also have that other system i posted on there too. More expensive though and i don't think it includes a gyro.
Hk also has it's own small gyro with a programmer too, but it's about the same price as the flymentor. So i'll test that on my dragonous which i want to fly but won't because the damn parts are not cheap. Hopefully this will help in that department and i'll have a real simulator instead of the computer. Yes i'm crazy like that...lol

you know every time i hear quark i just remember seen this for the same price as the assan when it came out on the hk site. Yeah it was the 9 dollar gyro too at one point so i guess that mess that up for me. Haha

on another note, i think i got my 450 flybarless heli done, just need to set up the radio and see if i can fly that thing.
shop around and take your time
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:28 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
How much should I sell my HK250 for?

The only thing HK250 left on it is the frame and the tail slider. Align Skids, tail Boom Block, Tail Boom , Belt, Tail Box, Shaft, HobbyKing orange digital servos, a PowerHD digital metal gear .07 second servo on the tail, HobbyKing L-2508A-3000 Brushless Motor, 40AMP ESC (I know it's large but I wanted a higher rated BRC), Spektrum comptible 6ch Receiver,Microheli flybarless head with the CopterX CX-3X1000 flybarless controller, with a nanotech battery. It needs new blades, but besides that everything is pretty much brand new.
GetterDragun is offline Find More Posts by GetterDragun
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:37 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,752 Posts
Quote:
Haha...I'm just looking around, but for that much I rather just get the flymetor to use as my sim on one of my helis...oh wait I will be doing this already. I just wished it came with a more updated gyro, but at least it includes it. I added another 250 on my order just in case I don't like it. I think you can use your own gyro with the flymentor, but don't know for sure. I noticed they also have that other system I posted on there too. More expensive though and I don't think it includes a gyro.
HK also has it's own small gyro with a programmer too, but it's about the same price as the flymentor. So I'll test that on my dragonous which I want to fly but won't because the damn parts are not cheap. Hopefully this will help in that department and I'll have a real simulator instead of the computer. Yes I'm crazy like that...LOL

You know every time I hear quark I just remember seen this for the same price as the assan when it came out on the hk site. Yeah it was the 9 dollar gyro too at one point so I guess that mess that up for me. haha

On another note, I think I got my 450 flybarless heli done, just need to set up the radio and see if I can fly that thing.
You can use a different gyro with the flymentor, but you don't need to. You would be better to start using the integrated gyro due the the extensive set up required. If you find it does not hold well enough for your flying style, then install a separate tail gyro.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:42 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,201 Posts
Thanks. Good to know. I printed out the manual yesterday since it will be a while before I get it so I'll check that out. Price wise it just made sense to get this one vs one of the other smaller ones with a programmer. You get that plus the sort of autopilot. I have read that the gyro has been fine too even though it's a piezo. Nothing but basic flying for now so I think it should work.

I forgot to ask, is the gyro unplugable or is is hard wired to the flymentor? I don't think it is, but I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
You can use a different gyro with the flymentor, but you don't need to. You would be better to start using the integrated gyro due the the extensive set up required. If you find it does not hold well enough for your flying style, then install a separate tail gyro.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Oct 06, 2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:49 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,201 Posts
Pitch, I got tired of working on the mosquitos(250 heli) and this is why I took out the 450 and man o man, they fly so beautifully. I forgotten how nice they feel vs these crazy demented 250's. Yesterday I took the flybarless heli outside, but couldn't not get the thing to lift. On the first try the blades would just go towards one side and sort of stay there and I almost broke the whole heli when it was tipping over because of this. Later I just added the 100 to pitch and the other setting which I know it's way too much as the slighest move would throw the hole top to one side and another blade contact with the floor. That slow return motion on the head is just weird and well I'm not sure if things are even correct. I got everything moving in the right direction, but I need to go sit and go through the manual again. Needless to say I kill two cyclic servos and I'm not liking the flybarless right now. I'm using heli 1 on the 9x and now I'm wondering if I should be using heli 2 which is 90 degrees. I'm watching the youtube flymentor video and he used the 90. I noticed the flymentor and flybarless units seem to work similarly how the swash levels itself on both. Not sure if this makes a difference as my servos are moving correctly.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Oct 06, 2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:54 AM
Barcelos - Portugal
Joined Apr 2003
31 Posts
HELP - motor suddenly speeds up

Hi,

I can not use my litle 250 heli because it suddenly speeds up witout any warning.

I have a Align RCE-BL15X ESC with a Hacker B20-31S motor in my HK 250 GT. I have tried to program the ESC in the Low and Mid timing setting, but I keep having this problem.

Does anyone have a clue how to solve this problem? Sometime ago a shorted the Castle Creations ESC that was controling this motor. The ESC is burned. That's why I bought a new ESC. Do you think the motor was also affected? What should I do? I'm tired of having this great heli grounded!!!

Thanks for your help,

JFonseca
J Fonseca is offline Find More Posts by J Fonseca
Last edited by J Fonseca; Oct 06, 2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: no title
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:27 AM
Barcelos - Portugal
Joined Apr 2003
31 Posts
Tail slop

Hi,

I would like to buy an upgrade to solve the tail rotor (mechanical) slopiness. I already have a great gyro and a servo, so I only need to take care of the mechanical slopiness.

My problem, is in the blade holders (little but noticeable) and the major problem is in the tail pitch slider hole is too big for the ball.

What's the best solution for this?

What do you think about the Microheli CNC Tail set?

Do you think the Align Metal Tail Pitch Assembly (H25134) would be enough to solve my problem?

I would not like to spend the money twice, like buying the H25134 just to find that's not enough and have to buy the Microheli set.

Thanks for your inputs,

J Fonseca
J Fonseca is offline Find More Posts by J Fonseca
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:16 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Fonseca View Post
Hi,

I would like to buy an upgrade to solve the tail rotor (mechanical) slopiness. I already have a great gyro and a servo, so I only need to take care of the mechanical slopiness.

My problem, is in the blade holders (little but noticeable) and the major problem is in the tail pitch slider hole is too big for the ball.

What's the best solution for this?

What do you think about the Microheli CNC Tail set?

Do you think the Align Metal Tail Pitch Assembly (H25134) would be enough to solve my problem?

I would not like to spend the money twice, like buying the H25134 just to find that's not enough and have to buy the Microheli set.

Thanks for your inputs,

J Fonseca
I changed mine to the align and it works just fine. I have a friend who also did it as well after he looked at mine. He is happy with it also.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:18 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,752 Posts
Quote:
Thanks. Good to know. I printed out the manual yesterday since it will be a while before I get it so I'll check that out. Price wise it just made sense to get this one vs one of the other smaller ones with a programmer. You get that plus the sort of autopilot. I have read that the gyro has been fine too even though it's a piezo. Nothing but basic flying for now so I think it should work.

I forgot to ask, is the gyro unplugable or is is hard wired to the flymentor? I don't think it is, but I don't know.
The gyro is an all in one gyro system. You would just by pass the tail gyro portion and forget its even integrated.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:17 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,201 Posts
Great thanks. I just thought about this, but since we have to turn off the mixing on the tx for this, do you guys think that my 6 channel radio without ccpm work on this? I have an old futaba and just thought about this. I wonder if this radio would work with this since I don't need ccpm mixing on it? Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
The gyro is an all in one gyro system. You would just by pass the tail gyro portion and forget its even integrated.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:10 AM
Joined May 2011
417 Posts
Hey Guys
I plan to do my first flip tomorrow, it's going to be a backwards roll. I'm pretty anxious
because I can see a lot of things going wrong, like not being able to come out of the roll before hitting the ground, or something breaking while in the roll. My swash AFR
is 75%, D/R 85% and my throttle is 75% max. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:11 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen 1 View Post
Hey Guys
I plan to do my first flip tomorrow, it's going to be a backwards roll. I'm pretty anxious
because I can see a lot of things going wrong, like not being able to come out of the roll before hitting the ground, or something breaking while in the roll. My swash AFR
is 75%, D/R 85% and my throttle is 75% max. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
just make sure your in idle up and you have +11-11 on your idle up pitch curve .
slowly work at rocking back and forth first then when you feel your ready go for it
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:26 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,930 Posts
Like jombo said, make sure your pitch curve is set and your throttle in idle up.

I found flipping sideways easier if your keeping the tail facing you to start. That way your not worried that it may come after you.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member