HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:16 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,203 Posts
I just got these servos, so the first order of things to do was to...take it apart of course. Enjoy.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post22872019
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:37 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,253 Posts
really nice , that servo i think is an overkill for a 250 but it sure does look SWEET on there .
today was some good weather , i got a couple flights in before it started raining . i need to get to the park and really see what this thing can do . i have way too many low hanging branches to really fly . its more like an obstacle course , flying low then high over the 12 foot bushes
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:05 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
I just got these servos, so the first order of things to do was to...take it apart of course. Enjoy.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post22872019
very nice choice efx, let us know how you go!
just be careful with that gyro it's been known to fail
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:05 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
567 Posts
Hey All,

Can anyone post a good link to a 3D video of the HK250-GT? I'm building one up flybarless, so far I'm impressed with the quality, though my experience is exclusively with Blade products. Most videos I come across however, are first flight hovers, or hovers and tail wags, or hovers and crashes. Are people flying smack with these things?

Thanks!
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:10 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,203 Posts
Check this out guys, this looks pretty interesting. I just bumped into this while watching youtube videos. Pretty sweet, but still not cheap for what I can tell.
http://www.revolectrix.com/CPII_Tour_1.htm
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined Jul 2012
29 Posts
I built my first CP with this kit. Previously had a v911 and a s107

Flybarless head from HK
Tarot ZYX-S
Hk4200kv motor
13t pinion
Turnigy plush 18A Esc
Carbon fibre blades
Hk orange micro digital servo x 4

The build was straightforward enough. Not happy with the assembled parts. Took apart and locktite everything. There were none locktite. Had to enlarge the holes for the gyro plate holder. They screwed forcibly so had the tail drive shaft holder bent. The motor was a pain to install. The supplied screws were too small and had to find bigger ones myself. Also the motor holding plate holes had to be enlarged.

Replaced the stock head with the FBL head, which is straight drop in. Configured the gyro on computer and it was quite straightforward.

I chose to do my first test flight indoor, which proven to be a very bad decision. It lift up smoothly and nicely. Initially had heavy tail wag, but went away after lowering the tail gain (had this set up in tx). After that it hover nicely about 5 cm above ground. The head holding was excellent. Don't move at all.

It moves slowly in all directions, and I overreacted once, the blade crashed to the wall. I think I tightened the blade holder screw on one side too much, so it snapped. The other one was freeer so it didn't break. I also break one cyclic servo. The arm shatters quickly when moving to a side.

The canopy also shattered into pieces. The original holes were far too tight fit and will break easily.

So it was a very exciting and costly 1 min first flight. Now need to wait long time for the replacement coming from HK.
geekystar is offline Find More Posts by geekystar
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:39 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
It is pretty cheap for what you get. It is a pretty sophisticated system. I know one fellow that has it on a 450 and he had not had much successful experience. It made it easy for him to fly without crashing every time.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Jul 2012
29 Posts
Oh the WT? moment during the build was finding 2 nuts for mounting the servos don't have screw threads inside. Was literally speechless.
Had to go out buy a whole box of machine screw plus nuts to fit on...
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:03 PM
Joined Jul 2012
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentech View Post
hi, i'm a advance beginer heli pilot and this is the first heli that i get that is not RTF or BNF. i'd like to know if my set up is good ?? so here the electronic that i bought whit the HK250gt:

Turnigy 2627 Brushless 300-Size Heli Motor 4200kv
Hobby King 401B AVCS Digital Head Lock Gyro
HK15178 Analog Servo 10g / 1.4kg / 0.09s
Hobby King 20A ESC 3A UBEC
ZIPPY Flightmax 800mAh 3S1P 20C

and for the TX and RX i have a spektrum DX6i radio with a 6 chanels orange RX
Hi this is the motor I used. You will need to use dremel to remove about 3mm of the shaft, otherwise it will touch the servos.

Also the motor mounting screw came with the kit don't fit. You need to use M3 (I think) screws to mount. They are not included.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:48 AM
Will work for JR/Spektrum
Canada, BC, Sechelt
Joined May 2008
1,815 Posts
It arrived this morning in the mail, and I just spent the last three and a half hours assembling it. quite fanagly, but I managed to get it together in the end.

I didn't have much to put in electronics wise but I did have three of the eflite s75's floating around here. Not an easy thing to put in, seeing as the holes didn't line up. But now it's ready for motor, gyro and receiver.
Sabin is offline Find More Posts by Sabin
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:58 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
It arrived this morning in the mail, and I just spent the last three and a half hours assembling it. quite fanagly, but I managed to get it together in the end.

I didn't have much to put in electronics wise but I did have three of the eflite s75's floating around here. Not an easy thing to put in, seeing as the holes didn't line up. But now it's ready for motor, gyro and receiver.

take your time, don't rush it.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:36 AM
Joined Jul 2012
29 Posts
I had my second flight last night. Took time to trim it, so thought everything is going to be a breeze. However first attempt the heli spins around, the tail direction was set wrong in the gyro.
The second time it was lifting off, but very sensitive and hard to control. Was trying to tame it and use small control movement but still pushed too far and hit a tree. It turns out I must have rushed from setting up to fly it so left my tx in the trimming settings, so both throttle and pitch curves were straight line from - 100 to 100.
So it was a lesson learnt the hard way. Wasted a cyclic servo and the tail servo, and a new feathering shaft. Costly mistakes.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:03 PM
Will work for JR/Spektrum
Canada, BC, Sechelt
Joined May 2008
1,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
take your time, don't rush it.
college fund money + other projects means I'll be definitely be taking my time.
Sabin is offline Find More Posts by Sabin
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:05 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekystar View Post
I had my second flight last night. Took time to trim it, so thought everything is going to be a breeze. However first attempt the heli spins around, the tail direction was set wrong in the gyro.
The second time it was lifting off, but very sensitive and hard to control. Was trying to tame it and use small control movement but still pushed too far and hit a tree. It turns out I must have rushed from setting up to fly it so left my tx in the trimming settings, so both throttle and pitch curves were straight line from - 100 to 100.
So it was a lesson learnt the hard way. Wasted a cyclic servo and the tail servo, and a new feathering shaft. Costly mistakes.
ouch!!!
i have done that before . I even did a few times , forgot to setup my pitch after i leveled the head . i was rushing to finish and i called it quits for the night . the next day i forgot i didn't finish setup. on spool up it was fine but it wouldnt hold the tail on the ground . mind you its not the first time its happened too . so i go through the gyro , its fine. then after maybe an hour scratching my head , i see the blades with way too much pitch in normal . like i said , its not the first time i did that either , and probably not the last
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:53 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,203 Posts
I don't know if anyone has seen this gyro, but after using hk servos that look like the kds servos I started looking at what they have and I noticed this gyro is as small as the assan 250 but with a programmer! As you know I like the small gyro but hate looking at different LED's to try and figure out what setting it's at. Of course you have to have the manual with you every time unless you actually can memorize the settings. That won't happen with all the settings a heli has. In any case I thought this looked interesting and wonder if anyone has used it? Too bad costs an arm an a leg. Okay not an arm and a leg, but not near what the assan is.
http://www.kdsmodel.com/index.php/site/products/id/25
RCG Plus Member