SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:25 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Hi Everyone, im in the process of planing my first kit build and im looking at either a CopterX CX 250SES Flybarless or HK250GT + flybarless head. And id like some advice on the electronics iv picked.

Is there any difference in quality between a 250gt and the Copterx frame? CopterX comes with a fbl head from the start, so currently im basing the build on that.
Hhould any of the parts be replaced on these clones to ensure safety while flying them? Im guessing the rotors they come with is a no go.

This is what iv currently decided on.

Frame: CX 250SES FBL
Gyro/FBL : ZYX-S / with only a R100 Satellite Receiver
Swash Servos :Turnigy TG9e 9g
Tail Servo: Turnigy MG90S
Motor: Turnigy 2627 3800 or 4200kv depending on what pinions i can find (4200 + stock kit pinion results ina hs of 5900).

Weight for the heli without battery should end up around 250 -270g.
I would get better servos for the cyclic. Those cheapy TG9e will probably not work with FBL and they will not last long at all.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:29 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Cool Jumbo, but doesn't that seem heavy on this heli too? I may try that later if the foam doesn't work too well, but still testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
efx, I have been using 450 pro landing gear . You need to make a light adaptor plate on the bottom . I used a 1-1/2 wide light ply , mounted it in the existing holes then
mounted the 450 gear to the wood plate. I'll get a pic in a bit
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:01 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I would get better servos for the cyclic. Those cheapy TG9e will probably not work with FBL and they will not last long at all.
+1 that's right
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:17 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,775 Posts
Would MG90S do for cyclic? And does TURNIGY Plush 30amp Speed Controller have a governor?
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Last edited by Xermalk; Sep 19, 2012 at 03:29 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:06 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
16,677 Posts
No governor in the Plush controllers.
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:46 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
No governor in the Plush controllers.
Mind recommending one that has a governor and isn't overly expensive? bear in mind that the motor im looking at has a power rating of 300w / 3s
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:30 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Cool Jumbo, but doesn't that seem heavy on this heli too? I may try that later if the foam doesn't work too well, but still testing.

i have 2 that i fly that way ,they all fly great . . i am building another without the plate.
now i can fly off of grass.
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Last edited by jombo; May 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:53 AM
almost hovering
United States, FL, Homestead
Joined Feb 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post

Frame: CX 250SES FBL
Gyro/FBL : ZYX-S / with only a R100 Satellite Receiver
Swash Servos :Turnigy TG9e 9g
Tail Servo: Turnigy MG90S
Motor: Turnigy 2627 3800 or 4200kv depending on what pinions i can find (4200 + stock kit pinion results ina hs of 5900).
I wouldn't trust on the ZYX-S/R100 sat, I've try pairing with a DX6i and always get the throttle mix with rudder and with gyro gain and already have try all the recommended binding. I'm still pending on trying with a DSMX sat that it says that never presents problems (check along this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1512179)

For the moment I have the ZYX-S connected to a OrangeRx 6ch without the case using some heat shrink.
r3dskull is offline Find More Posts by r3dskull
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:27 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Tiny heli with big shoes...LOL. I may try that even though it looks funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
i have 2 that i fly that way ,they all fly great . . i am building another without the plate.
now i can fly off of grass.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
Hi,
I have just assembled my HK250GT kit, with the following electronics:
Hobbymate HB2625 motor
HK 30A blueseries ESC
4 x HKSCM9-6 digital servos
HK 401B AVCS digital HL gyro
F-sky FS-CT6B Tx & Rx
Could someone be kind enough to send me a T6 config file for programming my TX.
Thank you.
dedstock is offline Find More Posts by dedstock
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:46 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I went out to try the slimmer foam pad...man that thing sucks. maybe if I turn it 90 degress it may be a bit more stable. It doesn't tip over on its own, but it is easier to do it. Landing on grass sucks with it though as you need a flat surface so I broke another feathering shaft. I also added the training gear to my other heli to try and work on the nose in but I didn't even get too far there either as the ping pong balls just seem to catch on the grass and not slide and the thing just flipped to the side breaking another feathering shaft on it. So I'll be trying out the 450 landing gear as that keeps it higher and hope that will take care of this once and for all.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:20 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I went for it Jombo, I decided to try one of the 450 landing skids and I like the height since it keeps the tail up higher, well the whole heli. Here's what I did...I should note these are the two piece landing 450 skids. I like the one piece but found those to be too brittle and you can't adjust them for the 250 like you can with the two piece landing skids. Thanks for the suggestion Jombo. For added strength you can put some wire ties on the skids to the plate, but that doesn't seem to be necessary. The whole heli seems to be roughly under 300 grams so I guess that's good, without the battery. My scale is too small physically for this now, so I had to hold it sideways.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Sep 19, 2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:28 AM
almost hovering
United States, FL, Homestead
Joined Feb 2012
33 Posts
efx, have you fly tested those, I tried once with a 300 size and they were shaking too much.
r3dskull is offline Find More Posts by r3dskull
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:20 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,262 Posts
Mine are just sitting around collecting dust
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:02 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Not yet. I just put them on yesterday but they fit nice and tight just like on the 450 so I'm hoping they will. Will let you know once I find out. Jombo said he's using them with no problem. They look just like the align, only bigger. The foam was fine, just heavy and I couldn't really land on grass because it was flat, so I'm guessing they may work, but until then I can't say myself. Also make sure they're centered as much as possible or you may get something like that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dskull View Post
efx, have you fly tested those, I tried once with a 300 size and they were shaking too much.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; Sep 21, 2012 at 12:09 PM.