HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2012, 02:29 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,023 Posts
The one thing I like about the belts is that they are more forgiving than the gears I'm sure. I have crashed a lot so I'm just surprised it didn't break at all. Then again I only snug them tight so that they are not too tight. I think this is the key for the belt to work correctly. Too much tension is not good, too little and the thing wonk work or slip.
efx is online now Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CNC Gimbal
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 04:30 AM
Joined Apr 2011
216 Posts
HI there.

I wonder if anybody could help me with my new zyx -s installation on my HK250GT. I have built it in Flybarred mode, but I am now a proud owner of the new FBL head from HK.
Basically I am looking for installation pics of were you would put the ZYX on the heli. and the pro and cons of the position. I will now not need a receiver as the new zyx comes with satelite connector.

Thanks
Busher is online now Find More Posts by Busher
Old Aug 05, 2012, 02:07 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
HI there.

I wonder if anybody could help me with my new zyx -s installation on my HK250GT. I have built it in Flybarred mode, but I am now a proud owner of the new FBL head from HK.
Basically I am looking for installation pics of were you would put the ZYX on the heli. and the pro and cons of the position. I will now not need a receiver as the new zyx comes with satelite connector.

Thanks
I'm going to copy these setup and install it on the gyro mount

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7351

and I'll also put my rx like thloh's

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7351

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7409
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:05 PM
Joined Apr 2011
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Thanks for that, I was wondering how it was best done. The choices I have were pretty much what you have posted. I wondered if side mounting to the frames was favourite but wherever I placed it it seemed vulnerable to crash damage. The only problem I saw with mounting under the gyro mount was the gyro mount cannot be easily removed without taking the bottom frame out, so either the bottom frame or the underside of the gyro mount are similar in work if you have to get to the servo connectors. Guess that is just the downside of a small heli. I suppose once it is fitted then that will be it till you seriously bend it.
Busher is online now Find More Posts by Busher
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:11 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
Thanks for that, I was wondering how it was best done. The choices I have were pretty much what you have posted. I wondered if side mounting to the frames was favourite but wherever I placed it it seemed vulnerable to crash damage. The only problem I saw with mounting under the gyro mount was the gyro mount cannot be easily removed without taking the bottom frame out, so either the bottom frame or the underside of the gyro mount are similar in work if you have to get to the servo connectors. Guess that is just the downside of a small heli. I suppose once it is fitted then that will be it till you seriously bend it.
I've read some posts on the 450 some people that tried to mount it on it's side got some issues with it. IIRC they got some real bad vibes or somewhere along that line. We're all here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1512179
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:11 PM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Hi all,
A question about ZYX. I set the ZYX up, and use the F3C default parameters, but the heli wobbles on the aileron sometimes, especially when taking off. Am I setting my roll gyro gain too high? Or is there any advanced parameter I can set the fix this? I tried setting the Roll P gain to a lot higher (30), but still it wobbles sometimes...
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:58 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,680 Posts
What are you cyclic gains currently set to? Aileron wobble does sound like the gain is too high. It can also be a sign of too much vibration.

Another trick is to lower the Roll P gain (usually 80) by 10, to 70. This still maintains the stability the I gain gives, which would also be reduced by lowering the overall gains.

Quote:
I tried setting the Roll P gain to a lot higher (30)
I'm confused by this. Roll P gain is usually 80.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:11 AM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
What are you cyclic gains currently set to? Aileron wobble does sound like the gain is too high. It can also be a sign of too much vibration.

Another trick is to lower the Roll P gain (usually 80) by 10, to 70. This still maintains the stability the I gain gives, which would also be reduced by lowering the overall gains.
I'll try lowering the Roll P gain.

Quote:
I'm confused by this. Roll P gain is usually 80.
Oopz, I meant Roll D gain. I saw in some thread that Roll D gain will reduce the oscillation, thus I tried that.
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Old Aug 06, 2012, 02:00 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thloh85 View Post
...Oopz, I meant Roll D gain. I saw in some thread that Roll D gain will reduce the oscillation, thus I tried that.
I thought that might be the case. One other thing would be to try upgrading to v3.5, but make sure you lower you cyclic D gains to 10, to start with.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:19 AM
Sweden, Västerbotten County, Umeå
Joined May 2011
18 Posts
Building kit parts

I have bay the HK250GT kit and now and most other part I need.
But will I get ball link 3,5x5,3mm for the servos
Will take some week from Hongkong to get it so it good to now before.

Edit :
Seem other have get tha ball link to servos I will see if a get some
umejopa is offline Find More Posts by umejopa
Last edited by umejopa; Aug 10, 2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:50 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
I got my other canopy in the mail today. I just love these canopies. I plan to slowly replace all my helis with this canopy

Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined May 2011
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
I got my other canopy in the mail today. I just love these canopies. I plan to slowly replace all my helis with this canopy

They look real nice, where did you get them from?
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:23 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen 1 View Post
They look real nice, where did you get them from?
Flying-hobby.com
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:07 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,276 Posts
I'm thinking about selling one of my 250's What do you guys think? I just don't know which one to sell. I could sell my old reliable after all it has never been crashed. Or I just got all the parts to make number 2 just as reliable.
Align parts
motor, speed control, tail, head, OK never mind let me change this around What is not align....Frame lol! 502 gyro, eflite servos, hyperon tail servo.

I'm only selling it because I don't need two and I rarely use one anymore. Always flying the 500's and crashing the 450
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:07 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
I'm thinking about selling one of my 250's What do you guys think? I just don't know which one to sell. I could sell my old reliable after all it has never been crashed. Or I just got all the parts to make number 2 just as reliable.
Align parts
motor, speed control, tail, head, OK never mind let me change this around What is not align....Frame lol! 502 gyro, eflite servos, hyperon tail servo.

I'm only selling it because I don't need two and I rarely use one anymore. Always flying the 500's and crashing the 450

Put them on the classifieds, they would sell quick!! and keep bumping it!