SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:20 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Align 205D Main Blades

As you guys can see from the picture the 205D's are slightly longer and heavier. For sure these blades would improve the performance in flight
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:26 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,743 Posts
My second 250 is grounded again. The drive gear for the tt striped. I just decided to work on my trusty 250. I found out I had been running the tail in analog all this time and I just put the CF blades on. What a difference no more flutter when changing directions nice.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2012, 01:23 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
EXTREME Metal Tail Fin Mount

I got another EXTREME part in the mail today. Slowly slowly I'm getting all my parts ready to build I still have a few more stuff that needs to come in the mail.

Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:36 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Trueblood Vs Align Dampers

Some say the trueblood performs really well on the DFC 250 and some say they don't. I'm going to give them a go
Old Aug 03, 2012, 05:38 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
EXTREME Metal Tail Fin Mount

I got another EXTREME part in the mail today. Slowly slowly I'm getting all my parts ready to build I still have a few more stuff that needs to come in the mail.
It's a good piece. Actually keeps things straight. I got one when I replace most of the tail drive with Align parts.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Aug 03, 2012, 05:56 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,743 Posts
Had my 250 up today just doing a bunch of flips I almost forgot how much fun it is. Now you do know it's going to end up costing me money lol!
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2012, 06:13 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Had my 250 up today just doing a bunch of flips I almost forgot how much fun it is. Now you do know it's going to end up costing me money lol!
we're all in the same boat
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:16 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I thought I stop by the park and fly my 250...unfortunately something was wrong with it. I couldn't really control. No crash but got me landed and I took a closer look after I got home and the belt did this. It got all curled up and kind of broken at one part. I guess all those crashes finally got the best of it, but it never broke. I also decided to change the tail gear shaft as I noticed a tiny bit of wobble. I love these things, you don't really have to change these on them even with a bunch of crashes unlike the 450. I just thought, what the heck, I'll change it anyway.
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:21 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I noticed the ones that come with the hk heli are softer than the aligns. I also noticed that because of this, the main shaft usually didn't get bent on me every time I crashed, so the harder may give you a nicer flight if you're good, but on crashes it may take your main shaft compared to the softer ones. Either will work, but just keep this in mind. It may not even be too much of a difference on this small heli, but just letting you know.

Quote:
Trueblood Vs Align Dampers

Some say the trueblood performs really well on the DFC 250 and some say they don't. I'm going to give them a go
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:07 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
I thought I stop by the park and fly my 250...unfortunately something was wrong with it. I couldn't really control. No crash but got me landed and I took a closer look after I got home and the belt did this. It got all curled up and kind of broken at one part. I guess all those crashes finally got the best of it, but it never broke. I also decided to change the tail gear shaft as I noticed a tiny bit of wobble. I love these things, you don't really have to change these on them even with a bunch of crashes unlike the 450. I just thought, what the heck, I'll change it anyway.
super tail belt (kevlar)
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:11 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Where do you get your cheap kevlar belts? I got a few of these so I'll use them up and get some later. For what I'm doing they have lasted quite a bit so I'm not complaining. Just let me know where to get them cheaper though, because I know you spend big $ on your stuff... I like being able to crash and not have to change too many parts.

Quote:
super tail belt (kevlar)
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:20 PM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
Where do you get your cheap kevlar belts? I got a few of these so I'll use them up and get some later. For what I'm doing they have lasted quite a bit so I'm not complaining. Just let me know where to get them cheaper though, because I know you spend big $ on your stuff... I like being able to crash and not have to change too many parts.
I got mine @ infinity-hobby
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:21 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,093 Posts
Infinity hobby or ebay
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:45 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Thanks...I'll try to remember that info.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:53 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,743 Posts
I have the same align belt on mine with well over 100 flights and no problems. I had posted a long time ago about the cuts in the pulleys being untrue causing the belts to skip every 10 or 12 teeth and a test running a belt across them to check after getting two bad replacements. I have the kevlar belt but have never needed it. Now I just did it! my belts going to break now just like my 450 crashed.

Here is a pick of my kevlar and align. The kevlar is ready for my 2nd 250 after the tt destroyed it's self again.
RCG Plus Member