HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:28 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,882 Posts
Well my 2nd 250 is going back to FB. The CX just went stupid. I got a few of those 502 gyros and the original head that has never been used. It is tt.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:41 PM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Well my 2nd 250 is going back to FB. The CX just went stupid. I got a few of those 502 gyros and the original head that has never been used. It is tt.
looking good! but did you try flashing the CX with the new tarot zyx firmware? was that any good??
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:59 AM
Registered User
rancho san antonio, CA
Joined Sep 2005
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
guys I thought about it. and I will retract back my testing report with this ESC until I get my thunderpower lipos. I want to see the difference there so far for the record i get with my old turnigy lipos 2.30 mins until it cuts out. until then
In actual flying, your ESC will be a lot cooler because
1) you'll have lots of moving air to cool it,
2) it'll be sinking less than five volts instead of six and a half volts due to
the batteries voltage sag when loaded by 5-10A of current constantly.
mayday1 is offline Find More Posts by mayday1
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:44 AM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday1 View Post
In actual flying, your ESC will be a lot cooler because
1) you'll have lots of moving air to cool it,
2) it'll be sinking less than five volts instead of six and a half volts due to
the batteries voltage sag when loaded by 5-10A of current constantly.
How about the load? atm i am testing with "no load"

Anyways I really want to use this ESC because I spent $40 for this, I gotta make this work nicely somehow. I'll wait till my new lipos arrive and do further testing and try to make this ESC work efficiently as possible.


Thlol I'm taking your advice about the motor into consideration, and I have ordered a Turnigy 2623 motor less wattage 4800kv, hopefully that would ease the load. I'll report back when I get my Thunderpower lipos and see how the whole power train performs then. thank you
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Last edited by pitchp; Jul 30, 2012 at 08:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 04:27 PM
RCHN #202
Dowquest's Avatar
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Nov 2007
730 Posts
What batteries is everybody running for the most part? I've got Turnigy 800's in mine, and have a very tight fit with the canopy. Is there a larger canopy out there, or thinner batteries?
Dowquest is offline Find More Posts by Dowquest
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:42 PM
as much as I can
beenflying's Avatar
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
How about the load? atm i am testing with "no load"

Anyways I really want to use this ESC because I spent $40 for this, I gotta make this work nicely somehow. I'll wait till my new lipos arrive and do further testing and try to make this ESC work efficiently as possible.


Thlol I'm taking your advice about the motor into consideration, and I have ordered a Turnigy 2623 motor less wattage 4800kv, hopefully that would ease the load. I'll report back when I get my Thunderpower lipos and see how the whole power train performs then. thank you
pitchp, what I said about cutting away the heat shrink can make a big difference.

There are usually two 5 volt linear regulators in these ESC's. You can find them by where the most heat is generated. Cut the heat shrink away from the area where these regulators are. It will make a big difference in the heli, when there is air flow.

Also, you can use a small computer fan on the bench, when you are testing the limits of the ESC, to simulate the airflow.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:10 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
looking good! but did you try flashing the CX with the new tarot zyx firmware? was that any good??
Yes, but the flash worked fine and everything was working. I think this one actually did this one time before, but I was new to the whole fbl thing and thought I did something.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:26 PM
Registered User
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Yes, but the flash worked fine and everything was working. I think this one actually did this one time before, but I was new to the whole fbl thing and thought I did something.
Been there with the Cx, I also thought it was me but it still happened even when I was extremely careful.Sold all of mine and haven't regretted it.I hear there about to release new Cx software , so hopefully it might become more stable.
Steve
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:02 PM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
pitchp, what I said about cutting away the heat shrink can make a big difference.

There are usually two 5 volt linear regulators in these ESC's. You can find them by where the most heat is generated. Cut the heat shrink away from the area where these regulators are. It will make a big difference in the heli, when there is air flow.

Also, you can use a small computer fan on the bench, when you are testing the limits of the ESC, to simulate the airflow.

thank you BF I'll give that a go!
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Last edited by pitchp; Jul 30, 2012 at 08:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:04 PM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowquest View Post
What batteries is everybody running for the most part? I've got Turnigy 800's in mine, and have a very tight fit with the canopy. Is there a larger canopy out there, or thinner batteries?
fusuno EX is apparently good
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 08:53 PM
RCHN #202
Dowquest's Avatar
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Nov 2007
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
fusuno EX is apparently good

Ya, Those do look to be a little bigger. I'll have to give them a try.
Thanks, Jerry
Dowquest is offline Find More Posts by Dowquest
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:08 PM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
I hope my hk250 goes as smooth as this guy 250. I can't wait to get mine all setup

HK250 + Tarot ZYX
2012 07 30 HK 250 FBL (3 min 17 sec)
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:46 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,882 Posts
Well twitchy number two is coming along just fine.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:58 PM
No Longer Active
pitchp's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Well twitchy number two is coming along just fine.
looking good mhills! seems like your 250 collection is growing!! All you need is one more and you'd be on the same boat as me lol

pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:31 PM
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,882 Posts
I'm bumming. I got my other 250 all ready to go, but now it's dark outside. I have to get some align mixing arms these value ones have incredible amount of play. It will be interesting how well it flies.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Nitroplanes Lander 70mm F9F Panther EDF Build Log and Review The Don Foamy EDFs 38 Jun 03, 2014 10:09 PM
Discussion Official HeliMax AXE CP Thread with pics post em here!!?.. darklyte24 Micro Helis 10603 Mar 27, 2014 06:49 PM
GWS Spitfire Build thread (with glassing tutorial) David Winter GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 156 Sep 14, 2009 05:42 AM
Discussion Build log or review for BulleT? raycsr Electric Sailplanes 3 Jan 30, 2009 01:03 PM
looking for build thread with upclose photos HIGHFLYER99 Foamies (Kits) 13 May 21, 2005 08:54 PM