HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:14 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
I've recently stumbled on to this:

http://www.align-trex.co.uk/205d-sec...cb-p-1394.html

That's right seconds. What are your thoughts about buying seconds blades. Don't get me wrong I will still try to see if i can get my hands on some spinblades.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:57 AM
Joined Aug 2011
37 Posts
I have seconds! use them on my 250 no problems. The only reason they are "seconds" are paint blemishes. They are perfectly usable! and Great!

http://rc-hero.co.uk/spare-parts/Bla...05mm-hd200bqcb
kylelnsn is offline Find More Posts by kylelnsn
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:31 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Welp I couldn't find any reputable online shop that sells spinblades, so I ended up buying 2 sets of the Align 205d main blades from ebay. I also bought the EXTREME 250 boom mount hopefully this is better than the align.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/T-Rex-250...item3f0a315286

I also got most of the other parts aswell today. I thought I might aswell get it. I bought the new 250 tail slider and the rest
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:01 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,738 Posts
The align is fine if you have a belt sander. A lite sanding on both half's and it holds great.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:09 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
The align is fine if you have a belt sander. A lite sanding on both half's and it holds great.
that's a good tip. thank you
Last edited by pitchp; Jul 26, 2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 06:33 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Welp I couldn't find any reputable online shop that sells spinblades, so I ended up buying 2 sets of the Align 205d main blades from ebay. I also bought the EXTREME 250 boom mount hopefully this is better than the align.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/T-Rex-250...item3f0a315286

I also got most of the other parts aswell today. I thought I might aswell get it. I bought the new 250 tail slider and the rest
I have this mount as well.
I got these blades that work fine
http://www.helipal.com/airy-3k-carbo...-trex-250.html
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jul 26, 2012, 06:36 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I have this mount as well.
I got these blades that work fine
http://www.helipal.com/airy-3k-carbo...-trex-250.html
thank you
Old Jul 26, 2012, 05:32 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,771 Posts
Quote:
...I also got most of the other parts aswell today. I thought I might aswell get it. I bought the new 250 tail slider and the rest
pitchp, the new tail slider is very nice, but do you know that that this new tail slider requires a special tail gearbox side case. The bit that sticks out of the tail case side is much shorter and possibly in a different position, and currently the only one they have is for the TT tail gearbox.

I've been waiting for them to release the slider with the tail side case, for the 250 belt version.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jul 26, 2012, 06:34 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
pitchp, the new tail slider is very nice, but do you know that that this new tail slider requires a special tail gearbox side case. The bit that sticks out of the tail case side is much shorter and possibly in a different position, and currently the only one they have is for the TT tail gearbox.

I've been waiting for them to release the slider with the tail side case, for the 250 belt version.
are they going to have new slider with tail case for 250 belt version? if so, it's great as I love that new tail slider from 250 dfc so much...
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Jul 26, 2012, 06:49 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee1017 View Post
are they going to have new slider with tail case for 250 belt version? if so, it's great as I love that new tail slider from 250 dfc so much...
Nothing definite yet. I'd be surprised it they didn't. It's been an issue with the 250 for some time and a lot of belt drive models are out there.

Also of interest is, will they release a TT upgrade for the 250, like they did for the 450 and 500. It's certainly doable with 5 key parts. Buying them individually at the moment makes it a very expensive upgrade.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Jul 26, 2012, 08:17 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post

yeah I ordered all just in case. I'll check it out when i get it, if the measurements wont work out, then this will be my first 250 TT
Old Jul 27, 2012, 06:56 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Our friend esco upgrading his 250 to a DFC TT, and as I requested from him, he will try to fly smack with his EXI 250.

Exi 250 with DFC head torque tube conversion (5 min 36 sec)

I'll keep you guys posted

he seems to be upgrading everything!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:11 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Just a word of warning on this product. The mount is fine, but the screws are not.
They are soft and when screwing in the short screw, I did not even get all the way in and the allen head began to strip. I made sure the allen wrench was good end and tight fit. This happen on 2 out of 4 screws and they where not tightened up yet. I cut a grove in the head to remove and took almost no effort to get out so the material is terrible.
I order Stainless screws from RCSrewz to replace. 1.5mm x 8 and 1.5mm x 5.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:16 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Just a word of warning on this product. The mount is fine, but the screws are not.
They are soft and when screwing in the short screw, I did not even get all the way in and the allen head began to strip. I made sure the allen wrench was good end and tight fit. This happen on 2 out of 4 screws and they where not tightened up yet. I cut a grove in the head to remove and took almost no effort to get out so the material is terrible.
I order Stainless screws from RCSrewz to replace. 1.5mm x 8 and 1.5mm x 5.
Thank you!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:13 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,738 Posts
Frames came in. I think I am going with the red carbon. On the sight they looked pink, but in real they look more burgundy. The orange look great in the pic but real look milky
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member