HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:56 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thloh85 View Post
For 10$ extra you're able to get Align, but you decided to go for clone?
If it's anything like the RJX 450 fbl head, that should be fine for $20. It's great that this hobby offers different alternatives to those that may be on a budget?? I'll have to try these just to test the quality. I may need to build another HK250/zyx. I may try the robird!
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:01 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rseegers View Post
Not sure why they bundle a swash plate with it. Chances are you'd already have one and if it's anything like the ones I've had you wouldnt want another.
We can't go on assumptions. Someone here has to volunteer to try it and report back their findings. I'd love to try it, but I'm already about to start building my 250 DFC. Someone else here has to try it. Hopefully garryk can report back and give us his feedback on it. Or someone else??
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:36 AM
Perth, Australia
Joined Nov 2010
125 Posts
As i dont have much time to fly, i have been lurking in this forum happilly reading updates.
But i have a question regarding the FB heads.

With the DFC, there is no bit in the middle between the swash and the top of the head. The links that usually connect to the flybar.

And the with others, well, there is.

Besides the visual aspect, what the difference?
does one fly better?
or is it simply two ways of accomplishing the same thing?
RandomBob is offline Find More Posts by RandomBob
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:17 AM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thloh85 View Post
For 10$ extra you're able to get Align, but you decided to go for clone?
I actually hadn't priced an Align DFC yet. I paid 50 bucks for the one on my 450, so I figured it would be only slightly less for the 250.
Garry K.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:31 AM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk View Post
I actually hadn't priced an Align DFC yet. I paid 50 bucks for the one on my 450, so I figured it would be only slightly less for the 250.
Garry K.
You can generally get it near $33. But that's without swashplate, so if the HK250FBL has swash, it is obviously a lot cheaper...
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:36 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Team Align: Wanyoungson 250 DFC

T-Rex250 DFC Tweak & Tune M01 by WanyoungSon (4 min 45 sec)
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:45 PM
Joined Apr 2011
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
We can't go on assumptions. Someone here has to volunteer to try it and report back their findings. I'd love to try it, but I'm already about to start building my 250 DFC. Someone else here has to try it. Hopefully garryk can report back and give us his feedback on it. Or someone else??

Got one on order, will see how it goes when it gets here. The 450 fbl head and swash are very good for the money, so I am expecting the same from the 250 head and swash.

As for the swash that come with the hk 250 gt mine seems to have a serious amount of play in the inner race do these swashplates screw together some how and if so can they be fixed back up without the slop. It seems you can add pitch and nothing happens to the heli untill all the pitch throw has been taken up then it reacts slowly. I have ordered another and this seems better, but i am interested if I can fix the original.
Busher is offline Find More Posts by Busher
Old Jul 24, 2012, 01:40 PM
rancho san antonio, CA
Joined Sep 2005
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Flybarless Rotor Head Assembly Trex 250 / HK250

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...250_HK250.html

This is a complete flybarless rotor head assembly for the Trex 250/HK250 helicopter. It's made from lightweight black anodized CNC alloy, and features high quality bearings ensuring smooth and accurate operation. Includes all linkages and hardware.

Specs:
Main shaft diameter: 3.5mm

Price: $20

RJX?? I thought they would of cloned the DFC and the new Tail slider! May be that's later on???
I wonder if it uses the stock/align feathering shaft. I was interested in the Tarot
fbl head but was turned off by its having to use special tarot/microheli feathering
shaft, which meant I couldn't go to my LHS to get parts for quick repair.
mayday1 is offline Find More Posts by mayday1
Old Jul 24, 2012, 02:06 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,074 Posts
The Tarot head is very soft aluminum and you must glue in your bearings!Not impressed, maybe the Dfc head is tougher?
Steve
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Jul 24, 2012, 05:29 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rseegers View Post
What is the point of one way bearings on a 250?

Mine has jammed, but it seems to make no difference apart from the blades spooling down much quicker.
The really is no point as these won't auto rotate, but it is there.
If you don't reduce the top washer to the proper thickness so it is free and will auto rotate, you can't get the bottom screw to seat against the bottom of the shaft properly and even with loctite, it will probably come loose at some point.
I think most of the HKs are like that. The Align washer is correct thickness as per their specs.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:09 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher View Post
Got one on order, will see how it goes when it gets here. The 450 fbl head and swash are very good for the money, so I am expecting the same from the 250 head and swash.

Thanks Busher. Let us know what it's like with some pics when you get it. I'm hoping it's as good as the RJX head they provide on the 450, but we can't go on assumptions.

Oh if it's anything like the RJX, you may need to do a mod on it like the 450 RJX head, to make it work sublime
Last edited by pitchp; Jul 24, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:44 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
mhills how's your lady bug going? I noticed HK has it's own beetle for $40?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...F_Mode_2_.html

Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:07 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,482 Posts
The bug is doing great! everyone says it looks like it's being held up with a piece of string, that is until I do a flip or a roll. Those are by WLtoys they also make the same heli as the align 100 and I think the same radio with the little digital screen about $49.50 everywhere else.

If anyone gets one here is where you can get parts. I know HK takes forever to get any parts http://www.rc711.com/shop/wltoys-v92...6_313_314.html
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:13 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,482 Posts
Just got done picking up a bunch of frames from amain for only a couple of buck each. Got a dayglow orange and a red carbon for the 250's
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:56 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Just got done picking up a bunch of frames from amain for only a couple of buck each. Got a dayglow orange and a red carbon for the 250's
nice!! Expensive! but really nice.

Talking about expensive. I've trully set my mind on getting the new Tail Pitch slider on my Tarot ZYX 250. I'm going to have to wait on funds now as it is going to cost me $90 just for a complete tail. Don't get me wrong it will still be belt driven. Hopefully this will work with out any mods. Some would of probably said I would of been better off buying a Trex 250 Pro kit. May be i should of. But like i said before I'm going all out on this build, and so I will. Welp hopefully my build comes along and hopefully yours comes along nicely aswell mhills. Good luck!

P.S The main parts that I will be needing

http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/h251...y-p-20268.html

http://www.align-trex.co.uk/250-meta...34-p-3841.html

http://www.align-trex.co.uk/metal-ta...5a-p-1235.html
Last edited by pitchp; Jul 25, 2012 at 07:07 AM.