HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 25, 2012, 08:10 PM
Joined May 2011
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
1. To exit flip back to HH.

2. You need to set the center of the servo, move the servo horn accordingly until there is no more drift.(more importantly make sure you set your endpoints without any binding!!)

3. For the bobbing that's got something to do with your cyclic/mechanical issue. I can't remember which one it is atm. I need some coffee i just got up lol.
Thanks
I figured how to exist the program mode last night. I centered the tail servo by directly connecting it to channel four on the receiver and then in HH, I tried to remove the drift by sliding the servo back and forth one the tail boom, when I got close I used the trim buttons on the transmitter, maybe I need to play with it some more.
The up and down bobbing, I'm wondering could this be because I'm using the stock plastic blades? I'm thinking maybe carbon fiber blades might cure the problem, what do you think?
Thanks
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2012, 09:12 PM
Cambodia
Joined May 2009
151 Posts
Has anyone had problems with screws coming loose in plastic parts?

Maybe it's just because my base plate is worn, but I've been losing the boom support screws. I used CA for one side, but I am thinking of using loctite as I want to be able to get the screw out again.

I've read loctite damages plastic, but does it form a breakable bond as with metal?
rseegers is offline Find More Posts by rseegers
Old May 25, 2012, 10:01 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rseegers View Post
Has anyone had problems with screws coming loose in plastic parts?

Maybe it's just because my base plate is worn, but I've been losing the boom support screws. I used CA for one side, but I am thinking of using loctite as I want to be able to get the screw out again. I've read loctite damages plastic

, but does it form a breakable bond as with metal?
yes it does , it will melt it after time . use GE rubber silicone adhesive , it will come off when you want it to and absorb vibration .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old May 25, 2012, 10:52 PM
Cambodia
Joined May 2009
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
yes it does , it will melt it after time . use GE rubber silicone adhesive , it will come off when you want it to and absorb vibration .
Cheers, I only found PVC glue so I'll try that.
rseegers is offline Find More Posts by rseegers
Old May 25, 2012, 11:13 PM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
You want one really bad don't ya! LOL

Quote:
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old May 25, 2012, 11:17 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
I had an interesting flight today. I stopped by the airfield as I was in the area. Was pretty windy and I lifted up pretty high to give myself some room for errors. Needless to say I went up so high that I kept losing orientation until I just couldn't tell. I managed to save the heli quite a few times which I was surprised, but the wind kept blowing it so far away I had to bring it down. It ended up behind some bushes very far away. Nothing broken, but then I broke the feathering shaft on a later hover, wind again. Well I learn my lesson, keep it high enough, but close enough that you can see what it's doing. I didn't want to bring it down since I have crashed one too many times and by the time I did, it was far, far away.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2012, 12:25 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
You want one really bad don't ya! LOL
I just bought a sony playstation 3 with 5 games! cost me nearly $1000! so my hobby budget has been delayed again. But yes I do want a 250 DFC TT in my 250 collection.

I also bought a blu ray burner if you know what i mean.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Last edited by pitchp; May 26, 2012 at 12:32 AM.
Old May 26, 2012, 01:00 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
How did that up to almost 1k? I thought the playstation 3 also has a built in blu ray player? Well I don't have either so I'm just wondering from the prices I see. Even at 50 or 60 bucks a game that wouldn't go near that. Did you forget your coffee when you bought this pitchp? Well maybe with the extra blu ray player. I still have my first generation xbox and only love playing mech assault on it, but I haven't even turned that on for ever.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStatio...Bundle/8071631

Quote:
I just bought a sony playstation 3 with 5 games! cost me nearly $1000! so my hobby budget has been delayed again. But yes I do want a 250 DFC TT in my 250 collection.

RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2012, 01:43 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,835 Posts
Quote:
3GX NOT INCLUDED!!!! Excellent, the best move Align has made for a long time. I'd like to see more FBL combos with the 3GX not included.

Looks like a nice heli. I wonder if Align will release a TT upgrade kit.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old May 26, 2012, 04:33 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
How did that up to almost 1k? I thought the playstation 3 also has a built in blu ray player? Well I don't have either so I'm just wondering from the prices I see. Even at 50 or 60 bucks a game that wouldn't go near that. Did you forget your coffee when you bought this pitchp? Well maybe with the extra blu ray player. I still have my first generation xbox and only love playing mech assault on it, but I haven't even turned that on for ever.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStatio...Bundle/8071631
yep i got the 160 gb super deluxe ps3 also i got Time crisis with the gun and other games, it's an awesome package and yes i got the blu ray burner for my movies
Old May 26, 2012, 04:34 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
3GX NOT INCLUDED!!!! Excellent, the best move Align has made for a long time. I'd like to see more FBL combos with the 3GX not included.

Looks like a nice heli. I wonder if Align will release a TT upgrade kit.
Indeed it is my friend, indeed it is
Old May 26, 2012, 06:02 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen 1 View Post
Thanks
I figured how to exist the program mode last night. I centered the tail servo by directly connecting it to channel four on the receiver and then in HH, I tried to remove the drift by sliding the servo back and forth one the tail boom, when I got close I used the trim buttons on the transmitter, maybe I need to play with it some more.
The up and down bobbing, I'm wondering could this be because I'm using the stock plastic blades? I'm thinking maybe carbon fiber blades might cure the problem, what do you think?
Thanks
I definately recommend the CF blades, but I doubt that will fix your bobbing issues, but it may improve your overall flight.
Old May 26, 2012, 07:47 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,992 Posts
Quote:

sweet !!!
i still have my original xbox and my son and i just finished Halo 2 now i need to find Halo 3 . I dont know if they even made one for the xbox1 .
........oh we also got the wii it stinks .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old May 26, 2012, 10:32 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,097 Posts
We have the wii and I love it! My xbox360 with kinects is collecting dust. Pitch you got slysoft software?
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2012, 10:46 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
Try this one, let me know how you guys like it. I have use the free version for some time and burned cd's without any problems. Don't bother burning anything anymore specially movies, they just take too much time and space. Now I just stream youtube to get my tv fix, but I hardly watch tv anyway. There are many others, this one just worked and it looked nice too.
http://www.starburnsoftware.com/prod...rburn/editions
RCG Plus Member