HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2012, 11:43 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
I stopped by a park today and almost got through one battery. But since I had readjusted the gear with the paper, apparently I left it a bit far and was making a weird sound as if something was lose, then towards the end there was just no mesh and the whole gear was just barely messhing so I couldn't even fly it anymore. Got it all fixed now. I didn't bring any tools, but go a spare set of the two hex drivers to put in this case on the way. Hopefully they won't be too soft. I definitely feel more comfortable trying things out with the smaller heli, so we'll see how it goes. I'm learning to pace myself and get it hovering well before anytihng else.

That's the key! pace yourself, no rush just take your time.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2012, 12:09 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
I got my heart to stop beating too fast when trying to fly, so I'm a bit more relaxed now which helps a heck of a lot!
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2012, 02:58 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
i hear ya efx, i hear ya
Old May 24, 2012, 08:35 AM
Joined Oct 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Here's what the taco canopy looks like on the heli...This doesn't come with gromets either. I put my red canopies but they just broke from the sharp edges. Just get bacon and you got a meal. I just noticed the servo arm gets stopped by the canopy, so it's pretty useless. I'll be flying without a canopy since I broke the two I had. At leaset I now have a nice shelf display body.
You can probably reshape the canopy to work by heating it up a little with a hairdryer or put some hot water in the canopy which would soften it up so you can reshape it.
Micro Buzzer is offline Find More Posts by Micro Buzzer
Old May 24, 2012, 08:40 AM
Perth, Australia
Joined Nov 2010
122 Posts
If you want to reshape your canopy, i found the best way, is to put the kettle on. haha.
Hold your canopy above the kettle where all the steam comes out, and almost catch the steam in the canopy.
Works like magic. Then sit back and make a coffee.

But seriously, dont hold it directly above the kettle and catch all the steam or the canopy will just deform. Hold it relatively high, then bring it down as required.
RandomBob is offline Find More Posts by RandomBob
Old May 24, 2012, 09:05 AM
RCHN #202
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Nov 2007
730 Posts
Quote:
I got my heart to stop beating too fast when trying to fly, so I'm a bit more relaxed now which helps a heck of a lot!
If your knees aren't shaking when you set it down... you're not pushing yourself hard enough... haha, that and the sim
Dowquest is offline Find More Posts by Dowquest
Old May 24, 2012, 11:12 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
haha...no my knees just hurt. I would prefer to sit, but there's never a chair so I just have to worry about the heart and the pain for now then I can fly a bit. Good one though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowquest View Post
If your knees aren't shaking when you set it down... you're not pushing yourself hard enough... haha, that and the sim
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2012, 11:14 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I do have a heat gun that I can use. I just wasn't sure how well that would work if at all on fiberglass. Plastic I know it's fine, but fiberglass, I never tried since that usually hardens quite a bit.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2012, 07:53 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,794 Posts
I received my 250DFC head today. I've start a thread for the upgrade here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1658687
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old May 24, 2012, 08:20 PM
Hairy Hampster.
Australia, VIC, Barwon Heads
Joined Apr 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
I received my 250DFC head today. I've start a thread for the upgrade here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1658687

Cheers for that,I`m subscribed.
philg31 is online now Find More Posts by philg31
Old May 24, 2012, 11:21 PM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
Does this battery fit the 250gt canopies without any problem? Well I decided to be the guinnie pig and ordered 3 of these. The dimensions look a bit smaller than the 1000mah I got from hobbypartz so I'll let you guys know how they fit if they fit. I just needed to get a couple more batteries and these were the only ones in stock here in the US for HK.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by efx; May 25, 2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old May 25, 2012, 11:42 AM
efx
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,198 Posts
I've been trying to write some feedback on products on the HK site, but apparently that site is getting too restricted. Now I have to wait 10 minutes before posting another review? Well I think I'll stop using that as well. Dumbest thing ever. Okay there's my morning rant...the hobbypartz, xheli sites don't like anything remotely negative and it could just be a suggestion on improvents but they don't allow anything like this either, so I just stopped trying to help there too. And yes I know there are some crazy people out there, but really?
RCG Plus Member
Old May 25, 2012, 06:25 PM
Joined May 2011
417 Posts
Hey Guys
I just installed a GY550 gyro in my HK250gt and man this thing is complicated. The instructions are all wrong, analog servos was supposedly the default setting, but it was actually digital servos, which caused me to almost burn up my analog servo.
There is no instructions on how to exit the program setting, somehow I got it somewhat figured and it holds better than my 401B gyro, but it seems to want to drift the nose slowly to the left. I still can not figure out the "turn Speed Setting" or the "Response Delay Setting", I know that analog servos use the slower setting, but I can not see any real difference. Also do all 250s bob up and down like ships on rough seas? I using a x9 transmitter and a Hobbypartz T pro SG-50 (5 gram) servo. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
Old May 25, 2012, 06:46 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
1. To exit flip back to HH.

2. You need to set the center of the servo, move the servo horn accordingly until there is no more drift.(more importantly make sure you set your endpoints without any binding!!)

3. For the bobbing that's got something to do with your cyclic/mechanical issue. I can't remember which one it is atm. I need some coffee i just got up lol.
Last edited by pitchp; May 25, 2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old May 25, 2012, 06:55 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Align 250 PRO DFC TT

http://helidaily.com/align-trex-250-...bos-announced/